Gurode a bust?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
How do you NOT see what he's doing.

He made up the Law trade source, that is a bannable offense per the forum rules.

He has had at least one Law thread per week every week.

He throws a 3-4 post out there every week too.

He adds the old Quincy card to further irritate others.

He adds a NE post.

He clearly is a NE fan, and if a Skins or Eagle fan littered the forum with nonsense they'd be banned immediately.

Then put him on ignore.

That is the last time I will say it.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Then put him on ignore.

That is the last time I will say it.

I ref basketball, so I'll put it in an officiating analogy.

You have a player that's doing a little hand checking, a bump here and there, but not committing any blatant stuff, just irritating contact that is borderline to being a foul.

This goes on for awhile and finally a player on the other team gets tired of the pest, and lays him out with a hard foul on a lay up. What caused this hard foul?

Was it just the fouler not rising above the pest? Was it the pest who was so irritating? Was it the officials that did not take care of the pest and let it get out of hand?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
I ref basketball, so I'll put it in an officiating analogy.

You have a player that's doing a little hand checking, a bump here and there, but not committing any blatant stuff, just irritating contact that is borderline to being a foul.

This goes on for awhile and finally a player on the other team gets tired of the pest, and lays him out with a hard foul on a lay up. What caused this hard foul?

Was it just the fouler not rising above the pest? Was it the pest who was so irritating? Was it the officials that did not take care of the pest and let it get out of hand?

So does this mean I should ban any guy that gets on my nerves for talking about QC, Henson, bashing Bill, Ragging to put henson in, ragging about getting Lee more touches, Hating Zimmer and so on and so on?

I mean come on....Every stinking day someone is whining about Zimmer, Parcells, Lee not getting touches, George getting too many touches, Anderson getting too many touches, Henson not getting in and so on.....every stinking day I see those types of posts that irritate the crap out of me because it is over done on a daily basis...yet I guess those are ok just not talking about Ty Law and the 3-4?

Because If someone was banned everytime they keep putting up the same silly posts over and over then many people would not be on this forum.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
So does this mean I should ban any guy that gets on my nerves for talking about QC, Henson, bashing Bill, Ragging to put henson in, ragging about getting Lee more touches, Hating Zimmer and so on and so on?

Because If I did that everytime then many people would not be on this forum.

No, it means the just ignore it does not work.

I call someone that openly supports another team, that comes on a forum for the sole reason to irritate that forum's members a TROLL.

Reality jumped him the other day, so I guess he should also put Nors on ignore?

Yeah there are some one trick posters out there, but the vast majority are not starting dozens of threads about the same topic over, and over, and over. They don't use guerrilla tactics of starting an argument then hiding once they get shot down, only to start a new thread on the same subject a few days later.

You are encouraging over-reactions by not addressing the instigator.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
No, it means the just ignore it does not work.

I call someone that openly supports another team, that comes on a forum for the sole reason to irritate that forum's members a TROLL.

Reality jumped him the other day, so I guess he should also put Nors on ignore?

Yeah there are some one trick posters out there, but the vast majority are not starting dozens of threads about the same topic over, and over, and over. They don't use guerrilla tactics of starting an argument then hiding once they get shot down, only to start a new thread on the same subject a few days later.

You are encouraging over-reactions by not addressing the instigator.

Bull...there are people on here that are nothing but one trick ponies that turn threads into agendas all the time...just as nors does.

If I ban nors for it then I have to ban MANY for it...including those that you would probably claim do not deserve it because you or others may happen to agree with the points they address over and over.

Besides there are times that some things are taken to PMs when addressing a poster. You and others do not see what is said behind the scenes, I will leave it at that.

Futhermore this argument is already old...you are not going to agree with me, I am not going to agree with you.

It is done.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Since this thread mentions me a lot I feel I should address some things.

Nors doesn't like me. The reason is obvious. I think he posts a lot of things that he cannot back up with any facts and when ANYONE tries to have a conversation with him about it all he does is keep posting it over and over and over again. I am a target about this with him in particular because of the 3-4 debates.

Nors imagines that I love the 4-3 defense. I have posted many, many times that I don't care about the scheme we run, I care about whether or not we can execute. I have said that I love the 3-4 defense. Nors never sees or hears that. He doesn't acknowledge that my gripe with the 3-4 is not the scheme but the personnel we have. He takes it personal. I do not.

As evidence of this I submit unto you his accusation yesterday that I wanted to stand pat at RCB for 2004. Why would he accuse me of this? Quite simple. I do NOT believe we had a trade on the table for Ty Law. I refuse to believe it because it cannot be substantiated. Nors has taken that doubt on my part and twisted it to mean what he accused me of. I asked him several times yesterday, in posts, and in PMs to prove that what he accused me of is true or admit he was wrong.

He has done neither. In all my time here he might be the ONLY poster I have seen who will not admit when he is wrong. Even if the mistake is obvious. In my opinion this is the reason why people rag on him and I have told him so. Whether he chooses to believe that is the reason or not is his business.

Let me give you another example that I used yesterday. He contended the 46 defense run by the Chicago Bears was based on the 3-4 scheme. That statement is 100% false. Has he ever acknowledged that? No he has not. He won't either. He sees the incredible numbers of turnovers and sacks that defense had and he translated that into the numbers he believes a 3-4 defense is capable of and drew a line between the two. I have tried to point out to him he was wrong. The more you try to do that and the better your facts are the more he stands his ground and refuses to budge.

Just my opinion but when the error is so obvious and someone won't acknowledge it it is just the tendency of human nature to get riled up.

This takes us to yesterday. Out of nowhere a post about Gurode with 2 claims. One, that he is a "high penalty" player. AdamJT13 shot that claim down. Gurode has 1 penalty to this point in the season. Was there an admission to this? No, Nors decided instead to take a shot at Adam indirectly by insulting other posters. "I defer - he 's great. Adam validated that - oh brother." That is as close as he will ever come to an admission he is wrong.

Now, let me address his 2nd contention the run left and run right stats. He said we can't run to the right. That we are better to the left. That claim was also refuted. Did I post the stats that refuted it? Did I look them up? Did I find those stats? No, I didn't and I have not claimed to. Yet who is Nors upset at for those stats? Me. Like I said, he doesn't like me and he gets upset when I say or do anything that refutes his errors.

I said he would try and spin doctor out of admitting he was wrong rather than to simply be a man and admit he was wrong. He is doing exactly that. Someone else said it, he is trying to save face but he is losing face. In my honest opinion that is exactly what has happened on this forum with regards to how he is treated. You simply earn more respect when you can admit when you are wrong than if you never even bother to try.

Take Art from extremeskins for example. There are posters here who genuinely do not like him. The main reason is not that he is a Commanders fan. It is because he will NOT admit when he is wrong. Instead he tries to spin doctor his way out of everything.

That's what Nors is trying to do now and when that happens people get fed up with it. How is he doing this? By attempting to include runs to the sidelines in the YPC to validate his point.

Is there some validity to this new spin on it? Yes, but let's be truthful, there's not very much. When teams run to the sidelines are the lead blockers typically the Guards and Tackles? No. What position does Gurode play? Guard. So Nors wants you to accept a statistic regarding Gurode that has little to do with him at all.

Now, if he had attempted to say that we run better to the right because the TE typically lines up to that side giving an extra blocker, it would have been a valid point. The sideline YPC is a poor attempt to spin his way out of this rather than just say "my bad."

Again, I think a great many people on here would respect Nors and cut him more slack if he would just admit when he is wrong. Anyone who agrees or disagrees with that is welcome to state their case.

Now, let me say something about Nors personally. Despite this habit of his I like the guy and have said so many times. I have told him that. I don't think he believes me. The reason I like him is simple. He tolerates a lot. It was stated that he invites a lot, and I agree with that assessment, he does. However, no one on this forum can say they are more tolerant than he is. I admire that.

In my opinion too often the shots at him get personal. I for one am deeply sorry if he feels that I am being personal. That is NOT my intent. I do think he needs to admit when he is wrong and I quite often do my best to get him to admit that. However, I am a joker. I love to needle people and I like being needled back. I don't think I am too personal with Nors, but he does. Clearly he is right and I am wrong because he is offended. For that I am sorry. My intent has always been to joke around. Nothing more. If my joking invites others to jump in then I am wrong.

For that alone I apologize. Brainpaint is 100% right about the need to put some people on ignore. In my opinion a large majority of the posters here need to put him on ignore if he makes you that angry. He needs to do the same thing and put a lot of other posters on ignore. It works both ways.

Unfortunately Nors and I cannot put each other on ignore. I have to be able to see all the posts in my position here, and Nors needs to be able to receive PMs from me if he crosses the line. In order to help with the peace here I will tone down my joking around with Nors and his wild claims that cannot be substantiated.

Now, having said that I am going to be 100% fair with the rest of the posters here as well. When these unsubstantiated claims happen and it is obvious that an admission is not coming, then those threads or posts are either going to be deleted, moved, or closed before they escalate into Smack Talk. I think this is only fair.

There is no justification to blame everyone else when the evidence is clear that he contributes just as much and sometimes more to the bad blood.

I am going to echo BP and advocate using the ignore function and that means both sides. He is just as capable as the next person. It's only fair.