Gutless football thread

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
When you have a coach that does nothing but walk around and your team still makes fundamentally poor decisions and you have clock management issues week after week, you have a terrible coach. Period.

This has moved beyond excuses. Jason Garrett is not a head coach in this league.

And he's going to be here for YEARS.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'll throw in heart as well on this coaching staff.... Mainly the red headed chicken & Linehan

I've seen better OC schemes in youth football

Boyz981

Reaction score
Well you know his line!! Could be a few in here by the time this thread runs its course!

Wood

Reaction score
Dallas was totally in position to win that game. Unfortunately Cassel isn't capable. I thought he crumbled under pressure on last drive. Its hard for me to see him winning any of next 2 games.

Blake

Reaction score
Used to be pro-Garret, but now I wouldn't be against Jerrah giving him the pink slip, three more years...*sigh*

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Are you guys being obtuse on purpose?

Do you "fans" not know, at this point, that Linehan calls the plays?

HE'S the one that needs bashing.

fifaguy

Reaction score
We played the entire game like we had a lead for some reason... Took no chances. Defense showed up. Special teams actually made a play. And the offense laid another egg. The play calling was downright pathetic.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dallas was totally in position to win that game. Unfortunately Cassel isn't capable. I thought he crumbled under pressure on last drive. Its hard for me to see him winning any of next 2 games.

you cant win a game when your bigget liability is your head coach.If we gone for it on one of those FGs and got a TD we would have won this game.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Are you guys being obtuse on purpose?

Do you "fans" not know, at this point, that Linehan calls the plays?

HE'S the one that needs bashing.

Good call. However, Garrett is the final decision maker in everything that goes on when the players are on the field. If all he's doing is standing around clapping, shouldn't he be able to read/see tendencies and get his assistants to make the proper adjustments? If not, why the hell is he here?

loublue22

Reaction score
He went 8-8 three years in a row, including many spectacular late game failures like today. He gives up his main "contribution" (calling plays), the team goes 12-4, Romo, Dez and Murray are the best at their position in the league. And now he can't even get one game without them, despite 4 out of 5 being very winnable. He is not a good coach, he has never provided any evidence to the contrary. He's awful and needs to be gone.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Shouldn't part of this rant be directed at the GM and President for not having the judgement to see that Brandon Weeden could not play in this league and going out and getting a serviceable QB last off season? Worst Cowboy QB play I think I've ever seen in 49 years of watching this team....and that includes Quincy Carter, Pelleur, and the rest of the mutts.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
When you have a coach that does nothing but walk around and your team still makes fundamentally poor decisions and you have clock management issues week after week, you have a terrible coach. Period.

This has moved beyond excuses. Jason Garrett is not a head coach in this league.

It's like this jack ... thinks we're playing in a participation league where everyone gets trophies.

Nav22

Reaction score
Matt Cassel is the one you should be ripping, not the coaches.

You do realize the QB has multiple choices on each and every playcall, right?

So when the terrified QB checks it down to a RB on a critical 3rd and long, that wasn't a "bad playcall." It was a silly decision by a veteran QB who should know better.

He had time to keep surveying the field. Instead, he checked it down because he's scared of turning it over. Last week he was aggressive but a bit too aggressive, this week he was far too passive.

In other words, Matt Cassel sucks. Tough to win in this league when your QB sucks.