Guys, it is just a game.

sk0aL

Reaction score
I live and die with the Cowboys just like every true fan, but I always remind myself that I made a choice to be a fan. You buy the tickets, the jerseys, the parking passes. You do this because you are a fan, but you do it of your own free will.

You could stop being a fan completely come tomorrow and your personal and professional worlds would still carry on uninterrupted.

No, it is not just a game. It's a passion, one that we choose.

Mansta54

Reaction score
sk0aL;2404089 said:
I live and die with the Cowboys just like every true fan, but I always remind myself that I made a choice to be a fan. You buy the tickets, the jerseys, the parking passes. You do this because you are a fan, but you do it of your own free will.

You could stop being a fan completely come tomorrow and your personal and professional worlds would still carry on uninterrupted.

No, it is not just a game. It's a passion, one that we choose.
:bow:

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
aquavita;2403765 said:
Some of the comments I read here just make me sad. Words like 'disgusted, knucklehead, hate' etc.

I've been a Cowboys fan for 26 years, but I never let myself get hateful of these young men out there playing to entertain us. That's the key word, entertainment. It is not war, it is not life and death. When the Cowboys lose, you would think that world war 3 has launched, based on what is seen around here.

I'm just trying to remind you that when you're making fun of, or feeling hatred for these guys, they are still people too. You mess up at your own job and have bad days just like they do, yet you are not under intense international scrutiny for all of your mistakes. Keep that in mind.

I just wanted to change the pace a bit, and suggest that people relax a little. Even if it is not our season this year, the Cowboys will return again one day. Just try to not have a massive coronary before then. :) :starspin :starspin :starspin

I hate all of these knuckleheads that come onto message forums and tell me to chill out, it makes me disgusted just reading this post, etc. This is a war, it is life or death, not just entertainment for the masses.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2404265 said:
I hate all of these knuckleheads that come onto message forums and tell me to chill out, it makes me disgusted just reading this post, etc. This is a war, it is life or death, not just entertainment for the masses.

That is the lack of perspective that OP is referring to.

For people who deal with life and death (doctors, nurses, firemen, policemen, family members etc.), there is a world of difference between it and professional football.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo;2404278 said:

For people who deal with life and death (doctors, nurses, firemen, policemen, family members etc.), there is a world of difference between it and professional football.

There is? Well I'll be darned.

:bang2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aquavita;2403765 said:
Guys, it is just a game.

Some of the comments I read here just make me sad. Words like 'disgusted, knucklehead, hate' etc.

I've been a Cowboys fan for 26 years, but I never let myself get hateful of these young men out there playing to entertain us. That's the key word, entertainment. It is not war, it is not life and death. When the Cowboys lose, you would think that world war 3 has launched, based on what is seen around here.

I'm just trying to remind you that when you're making fun of, or feeling hatred for these guys, they are still people too. You mess up at your own job and have bad days just like they do, yet you are not under intense international scrutiny for all of your mistakes. Keep that in mind.

I just wanted to change the pace a bit, and suggest that people relax a little. Even if it is not our season this year, the Cowboys will return again one day. Just try to not have a massive coronary before then. :) :starspin :starspin :starspin

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

You so crazy. :)

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
aquavita;2403765 said:

Football is life in Texas, and it's more than a game. It's a way of life, and the Dallas Cowboys have damn near close to a religious following, not a fan base. Check your head next time you want to be rational. These are the fans of the Dallas Cowboys. There ain't no way in hell you're going to get any rationality out of us!

:star:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Dallas;2403783 said:
I think I need to be held now, after reading that post.

Someone hold Dallas

I'm sure one of the Cowboy offensive linemen would hold you for a 10 yard penalty!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Eskimo;2404278 said:

http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/nbavlc.gif

these two are just as shocked as i am...

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
aquavita;2403765 said:

Even though I also dislike the venom and I appreciate your view, I do not agree with it. Just because it is entertainment does not mean it is no longer a job. They get paid very well and fan's expect them to work hard and have an appreciation for their talents. Movies are entertainment but I would hate to go see a bunch of people phone in their acting just to pull in a pay check.

Compare this to a movie where the director is trying to direct a drama, the actors are comedy actors, and the producer wanted an action flick. The team just doesn't seem to be built for cohesiveness. Choose a direction and build towards it. We seem to have a little of everything. Sometimes a person can pull off the funny action flick that tugs at your heart strings, though..