Guys that needs cutting

Yobwocs

Reaction score
In the minority, but....

Ezekiel Elliott

Dude is doing what we'd expect from rookie 5th round running back at this point. Don't give me the "offense was set up for him to fail today" thing, we gave him lots of opportunities in the first 3 games in different situations and he did at best the bare minimum and at worst 1.9 yards per carry average. Since Minnesota last year, he's averaging 78 yards per game rushing.

Plus his contract is hampering us down. His position is also minimal and can be easily replaced. For those reasons, we can just get an Aaron Jones or a Chris Carson and they're doing more paid way less - lots of team are winning without some expensive running back. I'm not living in 2016 anymore. He's not gonna get any better, and I'd give him the rest of the year and if he doesn't come back.... bye bye.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Agreed, but at least be worth being out on the field.

I just wasn’t expecting much from the defense And team as a whole this year. In all honesty I’m hoping for a train wreck season. Gotta completely wash the Garrett from this franchise (even though the joneses are still around) and it wasn’t gonna be an easy task with no offseason. I hope the future holds a stud DT and Safety. It’s been too long

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thompson is by far the easiest choice IMO.

When he won the job and they cut Clinton-Dix, I knew we were screwed. Thompson is a liability, probably even worse than Heath.

Don't you mention thompson and the goat in the same sentence!!!!! Woods sucked today too.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Sad thing is there isn’t much better out there right now than what we currently have. I’d take snacks over Poe. Reid or ET hell both of them over the crap show we have. Why they didn’t sign Leary is beyond me. This is on the FO bargain shopping and being cheap.

lockster

Reaction score
John fassel, he's made our sub par special teams to move down to league worst it would seem.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon should be at the very top of that list!

he probably would be if he didn’t have an albatross of a contract and if there was someone who could take his place

brother you should go back and find the thread when Jaylon signed that contract. It was legit me and one other guy taking about how terribly overrated Jaylon was and how it was a terrible contract the day it was signed.

jaylon has had one above average season and got rewarded because he had a nice recovery story. His play is terrible.

Carter

Reaction score
The whole secondary and the whole O-Line besides Zack Martin, T-Smith and Collins.

Also the LB corps is hot garbage right now.

Way too many holes to fill in one draft.

Cmac

Reaction score
Jaylon should be at the very top of that list!

he probably would be if he didn’t have an albatross of a contract and if there was someone who could take his place
Jaylon Smith....the Defensive Fall Guy Nominee. Our entire backside of the D sucks. And know viable pass rush to compliment it....but put it all on JSmith.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
is Mcgovern so much worse that he cant beat out Williams? this dude is hurting us bad.

Or Knight or Biadasz.

I see no reason to be wed to Williams. It's not like he's sparkled in his two years here at LG, or is sparkling this year. Give someone else a chance.

When Smith and Collins are back, Knight should take over at LG. He's played well.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If we seriously want to improve the purge is gonna be required and it will need to be wide spread. Unfortunately what you just watched is Jerruhs wet dream. It was exciting. Highlights were everywhere. Dak threw for 1 million yards. Our front office wouldn't change a thing even if they could.

Mikejj24

Reaction score
Or replacing

I'll start

Connor Williams

This team is full of under achieving, mistake prone, players so it's hard to narrow it down. I can't remember the last time they played a "clean" game where they were actually ready to play, and executed well across the board. I have been very disappointed with the players they have paid big money, Smith, Tank, and Zeke.