Guys, were stuck, Roy Williams if cut or traded 7 Mill cap hit 2008 & 2009

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i agree with you guys about roy williams, if it was me, if i was the owner, i would call him into my office, chew his butt out good for not working out like the coaches and trainers have begged him too do, then show him on film running plays he has missed tackes and passing plays he hasnt helped, and show how he has hurt not only himself, but his teammates and the fans, especially the fans, and then tell him you always wanted to be a dallas cowboy, but your sure not playing and acting like one,

anyway guys we cant trade or cut roy williams because if we do either one, it will cost us a cap hit 7 million this year, and 7 million the following year, yikes, were stuck

only thing i know to do guys, is be sure he gets into offseason and works his butt off and gets down to about 224 and studies studies film, or put him at linebaker, yeah i know u guys say he cant do that, but something needs to be done with him, and soon,

as far as you guys wanting patrick watkins, i did too, but at same time, pat watkins had the chance to come in offseason and work out, get bigger and stronger, and he didnt, till his attitude chances, then nothing will happen with roy williams or pat watkins.

cowboyz

Reaction score
it's not so much size. it's intelligence and practicing.

he's gotta practice covering, tackling, everything. then he's gotta watch film, study tendencies, everything, to gain some confidence to act fast.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
the fear of getting fined or whatever has turned him into a girlie man. Hell even Jacobs pimp slapped him in that fight they had. It was almost like Jacobs said, here let me shove your balls back into your mouth.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Are you sure on those numbers? Is that cutting/trading him after June 1st, 2008?

Doesn't that mean he still has $14Million in signing bonus left to be pro-rated over his contract? We'd get his salary back no? What was the contract he signed anyway, and when was it?

I'd really like to know what the net salary affect would be to cut/trade him today and cut/trade him after June 1st, 2008.

It's something the team might be forced to consider if he doesn't return to form.

LarryCanadian

yesfan

Reaction score
Well, if it's going to cost that much either way cut our losses and draft
both picks,we got to hit on one.This is one position that Must be addressed.
Send him and Reeves packing this week.The Giants on that last drive had
a field day,combined with No pressure on Eli.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
yesfan;1907735 said:
Well, if it's going to cost that much either way cut our losses and draft
both picks,we got to hit on one.This is one position that Must be addressed.
Send him and Reeves packing this week.The Giants on that last drive had
a field day,combined with No pressure on Eli.

I am pretty sure the numer is close to accurate. I thought it was $6.6 million.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
I don't know if I have ever seen anyone play the ball worse when it's in the air then Roy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rampage;1907748 said:
we will not win a superbowl as long as he is on this team.

I agree, as long as he is starting, the Peyton Mannings and Tom Bradys' of the world will eat us alive.

Put the bum on special teams and call it a day.

When he attempted to dive for a ball the other day and got a whopping 1/2 inch off the ground, I almost spit my beer 4 feet acrossed the room.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I disagree, I think we can win a Championship with Roy Williams, you just cannot ever have a situation where you have a guy like Roy Williams and Jacques Reeves on the same side or hopefully, not playing at the same time.

Yeah, I did think "WTH" when Roy Williams awkwardly jumped for the ball when it was still coming down. The guy is a huge liability the further he is from the LOS, but that is just beating a dead horse.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I hope its not going to be months of cut this guy and fire that guy and imaginary trades for peyton manning etc....

come on guys.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with Sarge. Either sign a free agent or draft someone and leave Roy on special teams. In a couple of years then we can move him. It's just amazing (and disappointing) to me how much the level of his play has slipped.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
14M ? Damn. That number seems really high. When did he get his contract, just this past offseason ?

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge;1907764 said:
I agree, as long as he is starting, the Peyton Mannings and Tom Bradys' of the world will eat us alive.

Put the bum on special teams and call it a day.

When he attempted to dive for a ball the other day and got a whopping 1/2 inch off the ground, I almost spit my beer 4 feet acrossed the room.
We can not start Roy here anymore.PERIOD!this guy can not play anymore folks. and it's not lack of him trying hard. he's just not good enough.you either trade him if you can. or he has to be the highest paid special team player in NFL history. keep this guy off the field. the idea we are stuck with this guy starting is nonesense.

juck

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1907779 said:
I agree with Sarge. Either sign a free agent or draft someone and leave Roy on special teams. In a couple of years then we can move him. It's just amazing (and disappointing) to me how much the level of his play has slipped.

praise jesus,religion ruined him.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;1907779 said:

Yep - he's a liability and the entire league knows it and every announcer, TV and radio knows it. It's sad and pathetic but it's reality. He's signed, but if Jerry wants to win at all costs, he's gonna have to eat this one and there is no doubt in my mind on this issue.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
But, but, but...He is a probowler.

How quickly this fanbase has turned on Roy. It's amazing.

Randy White

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;1907631 said:
anyway guys we cant trade or cut roy williams because if we do either one, it will cost us a cap hit 7 million this year, and 7 million the following year, yikes, were stuck

7 millios this year and 7 millions NEXT year ? How could that be ?

Was his signing bonus over 16 million dollars ?