Guyton & Beebe

75boyz

Reaction score
Keeping Solari was the biggest mistake this offseason.

Hopefully there aren’t too many bad habits to unlearn in 2025.

Even Martin rocking them cement shoes.
"Keeping Solari was the biggest mistake this offseason".

You can say that again brother.

A failed dinosaur coach attempting to teach your rookie left tackle and rookie center an outdated/ineffective scheme and techniques.

The Cowboy Way.

quickccc

Reaction score
The strength of the Giants is the edge . Is Guyton your LT Thurs night ? Maybe Tyler . Beebe as well against Baltimore looked a little overmatched . Hoffman as an option . Let your 2 rookie linemen have a look from the sideline for a week . Or just ride it out ?

On the flip side the young LB’s have been underwhelming last two games . I guess to get better you get younger in this league and you have to go with it . All these rookies will be better for it .
Grade and measure the rookies by season's end

Both are in new starting roles that they are not used to ... Beebe is a converted OG turned center ,..and Guyton is trying to master the LT role as he was mostly a RT in college.

I'm not tripping on them ... it's the vets like Terrence Steele who i expect more from, and more concerned about - will Steele ever return to previous form ?

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree fellas Solari and this trash run game design is in the running for the dumbest things the FO did. After major evidence of incompetence with this run game group they didn't change a thing.

Imo the OL will get better, but maybe they should consider rotating Bass with Martin a bit to keep Zack fresh.

heir

Reaction score
The strength of the Giants is the edge . Is Guyton your LT Thurs night ? Maybe Tyler . Beebe as well against Baltimore looked a little overmatched . Hoffman as an option . Let your 2 rookie linemen have a look from the sideline for a week . Or just ride it out ?

On the flip side the young LB’s have been underwhelming last two games . I guess to get better you get younger in this league and you have to go with it . All these rookies will be better for it .
The problem isn't the two of them. It is Steele. He is horrendous.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Beebee played well, anyone that says he didn’t need to go back and rewatch the game, there was a couple of times I thought his man got through but each time it was someone else’s man that came through the area that made it look like it was Berber’s man . Zack Martin and once it was a down blocking scheme that Tyler Smith couldn’t get to his man fast enough. But once again Steele and Martin were getting beat

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coming out of the draft it was pretty much a given that Guyton was raw but had a high ceiling.
Problem was he looked good in camp and people thought he was ready. He played well against the Browns overall. But like the raw rookie he is going to have issues this year.

If you remember when they brought in Tyron, who was a superior draft prospect, they starting him the first year at right tackle before moving him to the left side.

However with Jerry and Cap boy they have put themselves into a position of having to play some of these rookies and some of them are going to go through a trial by fire. You have probably the worst RB group in the NFL.
That hurts the Oline. If the other team knows you can not run the ball. It is just going to rush the passer or wait in the secondary hoping for a int or turnover.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
We don’t know if Beebe is mediocre. He is a rookie that just played in his third NFL game. Steele is not looking good out there, I agree.
I don't know that Beebe did too badly. Every time I focused on him he held up his block and even pushed his man on runs... not a lot but still some push. He looked bad on a couple of plays because Zack's man got by him and Beebe looked bad trying to cover for him. I'm sure he missed some that I didn't see but overall I think he looks pretty good for his experience. He will get better over the season and I expect much stronger during the off season.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

It's a throwaway year, we were never serious about contention, you let them get the experience and hope it makes them better in the future.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Both are in new starting roles that they are not used to ... Beebe is a converted OG turned center ,..and Guyton is trying to master the LT role as he was mostly a RT in college.

I'm not tripping on them ... it's the vets like Terrence Steele who i expect more from, and more concerned about - will Steele ever return to previous form ?

Great points .

stinkface

Reaction score

I always felt Steele was slightly above average. Good at the run game, but not quick and slow feet.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team comes out flat every game. They don’t practice well, respond to this coaching staff, and hear nothing but praise from the big boss.

Creeper

Reaction score
Guyton is overmatched and needs help. Beebe had some trouble a few plays but he is not the problem. Martin is getting shoved around, and Steele really looks awful this year. None of the Cowboys offensive linemen look especially good this year. Watch any running play and after it's over every offensive lineman is on the LOS. No one gets any movement against the defensive linemen. I don't even see double teams getting movement.