Guyton & Beebe

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The strength of the Giants is the edge . Is Guyton your LT Thurs night ? Maybe Tyler . Beebe as well against Baltimore looked a little overmatched . Hoffman as an option . Let your 2 rookie linemen have a look from the sideline for a week . Or just ride it out ?

On the flip side the young LB’s have been underwhelming last two games . I guess to get better you get younger in this league and you have to go with it . All these rookies will be better for it .
Always thought they have been playing out of position....better fix this soon....or your going to ruin both players confidence.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember a couple of plays watching Martin get driven back several yards and that's with me not even focusing on him or the line most of the game.

I don't know if it's a scheme problem or simply getting outplayed, but the offensive line seems to have been playing on their heels right from the snap the last couple of games.
Yesssssssssssss, it's in the game day thread I saw the same exact thing, how are we going to get a run game if our guys are getting pushed back

conner01

Reaction score
You know I agree with that . The more they play the better they will be for it. On one play the edge got by Guyton so quickly the holding occurred . This might be an 8-9 yr where your young players get the experience and the playoffs wait .
If it takes 8-9 years you drafted the wrong players. Most rookies struggle but they only get better with reps

CoachD

Reaction score
I'm keeping those guys in there to get better and they will, 3 games is not nearly a big enough sample size to judge these guys.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Steele is the one who looked awful agains the Ravens.

Jarntt

Reaction score
The strength of the Giants is the edge . Is Guyton your LT Thurs night ? Maybe Tyler . Beebe as well against Baltimore looked a little overmatched . Hoffman as an option . Let your 2 rookie linemen have a look from the sideline for a week . Or just ride it out ?

On the flip side the young LB’s have been underwhelming last two games . I guess to get better you get younger in this league and you have to go with it . All these rookies will be better for it .
So you answered your first line question with your second line response. No. We aren't sitting Guyton or Beebe against the Giants

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It's good experience for them and they'll both be good starters in the future. But we are relying on rookies to power 40% of our OL, and Zack Martin is also appearing to be a shell of himself. The future looks bright, but the future doesn't help right now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

The Rams played 10 rookies yesterday, 4 UDFA's and they beat the Niners. It's more on coaching and preparing them to play!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember a couple of plays watching Martin get driven back several yards and that's with me not even focusing on him or the line most of the game.

I don't know if it's a scheme problem or simply getting outplayed, but the offensive line seems to have been playing on their heels right from the snap the last couple of games.
The trenches have certainly been the biggest weakness, again, so far this year. I’m hoping the young offensive linemen will get better as the year goes along and they get more experience. I don’t have much hope for the interior defensive line. And then there’s the running game. Deuce got 2 caries for 5 yards. That’s 2 wasted plays. Zeke had 3 carries for 6 yards. Sure, they were behind the whole game so they were forced to throw 51 times but they haven’t been able to effectively run the ball for a few years now.

Lots of issues in Big D. I’m still hopeful against all hope.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
The line is a mess. No running game whatsoever and too many unblocked pass rushers in Dak’s face. Either make changes or live with the results and let the young guys get reps.

gtb1943

Reaction score
the problem is that the two rookies are probably the best we have now.
trial by fire for sure and not the best way to do things but we really have no choice

gtb1943

Reaction score
The Rams played 10 rookies yesterday, 4 UDFA's and they beat the Niners. It's more on coaching and preparing them to play!
That is amazing; to be competitive with that is truly a triumph of the FO and coaching staff

while we only started four rookies and none of them were later than what fifth rd?

Havic

Reaction score
Guyton and Bebe are rookies and it’s to be expected early on. Steele is getting blown up and Martin is done.

Brooksey

Reaction score

On the re-watch they we're getting a good push in the middle on power runs with Bebee and Martin. Dowdle missed a couple of big holes/ cutbacks he lacks vision.

They immediately went to pass, pass, pass three and out etc