Twitter: Guyton thinks the NFL needs better Refs

mmohican29

Reaction score
You cite a call that was an abomination to the benefit of the Cowboys and still make it into a "we woulda beens robbed if we hadn't won" spiel? That's hilarious. After that facemask call, the notion that the refs are out to get the Cowboys is DEAD. This is why you see all the "but, but Parsons being held tho" comments to try to drown out the fact that the failsafe excuse is done for even when Parsons got multiple hold calls this game. I love watching people contort themselves to shoehorn a narrative they know isn't true. Lol.
Not three plays earlier: Lamb was mugged AND took 2 or 3 blows to the facemask on 3rd and short.

Just a reminder. And: Singletary definitely fumbled the football and they did not overturn the call.

kumizi

Reaction score
That might've been the first time in watching the NFL for 30 years, I saw the refs make the penalty call on the wrong team. That was a big 30 yard boched facemask call that went in the Cowboys favor.

blueblood70

Reaction score
A Cowboy already.
He's right he's watching the other team literally tackle and grab and do whatever they can and get away with it and he's getting called for ticky tack fouls if you wanna call that a foul where he fell on the guy even though he let him go and it cost us a field goal attempt I mean he's right he's literally being picked on by the referees even though yes they're Gray areas you can either call him or not call him but on the other side they're not calling any I don't know how many ways Parsons can be held or tackled or how mozzie is held or tackled and no calls I mean literally we see Cindy lamb on the 1st drive do you not see him get a face mask and then after he fights through the face mask the guy hugs him both those are fouls that are not called and caused us to punt and yes in the end it looked like they even the calls out in this game but if you look at the seven missed calls in the Saints game and you look around it's unfair we need balance in the calls , holds in the same game should al be called or not called..

I'd be frustrated as well because he's being picked on and singled out by our own fan base saying that he's not playing well but he's being called for things that the other side wasn't being called for I mean at Micah Parsons play where he got hurt you know his ankle he was being tackled from behind and he was being fallen upon by two players I mean it's either call them all or don't call any I'd rather go back to the way they used to play ball in the 70s anything goes except for the head.. It's just gets old and I get his frustration I'm not saying that they didn't end up even out the calls at the end of that game because they gave us some but they missed a lot of them and he feels the pressure of like he could have cost us the game so he's just saying that because it needs to be said the officiating all around the league not just against the Cowboys is so bad I mean look at all those flags it ruined the game for me the game was already slow and scale but I've never seen so many flags thrown in a short amount of time I think at one point they threw seven straight flags from the kickoff through the 1st 2 series on both teams they stopped the play all game....

And worse they would have these little huddles and decide whether they were good calls or bad calls I mean this is getting old just use artificial intelligence and cameras from now on it's in some people in the booth because they're ugly up the games trying to get on TV or something I don't know what they're trying but that game was frustrating for all of us on both sides of the ball not just for the Cowboys I think the giants fans saw some unfair calls and picked up flags and we saw some too but he's not wrong so don't act like he's being a baby he's just saying he feels it's very unfair and it is..

I go by this mantra either let them all play and don't call them but if you're gonna call them on one side you gotta call the same exact looking foul on the other team..

blueblood70

Reaction score
That might've been the first time in watching the NFL for 30 years, I saw the refs make the penalty call on the wrong team. That was a big 30 yard boched facemask call.
Maybe you should have watched the whole game yes that one was the wrong call but they didn't call the 1st Drive caused us to punt CD lamb had a man grabbing his face mask and then slides down and hugs him and then don't call not one but there were two penalties on the same play and then they call holding on two of our players 1 was declined and then they took the other one but they're not calling them on the other side when it's obvious a lot of our pass rushers were being grabbed and tackled so yes over the whole game the referees made a bunch of bad calls on both sides and in the end yes it evened out but I'd be frustrated as well it literally was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen since the scabs because it was so unbalanced they're calling guyton for some ticky tack place but the same ones on their offensive line were not being called and it evened out in the end trust me there were several like 7 missed calls against us in the Saints game they should have went against the Saints it affects the flow of the game and the momentum of the game everyone saying oh we would have lost anyway maybe not but I am tired of the referees being this bad and why not have a player speak up?

Do you can call out that one play all you want I'm telling you watching this entire season the Cowboys have been getting so little calls and yet in that same game their opponents are getting advantages we're not getting it's affecting the flow of the game and I'm not talking about last night last night I think in the end they did a lot of makeup calls for both sides and it ended up even all the missed ones and I didn't call against us they picked up a flag and yes they got the face mask wrong on overshown but in the end it was a cluster of a bad officiated game but in the end it was even on both sides..

But we can all agree that officiating has gotten worse over the years that they are dictating the flow and the momentum of a game and it's not being called evenly and I'm not talking about just being a Homer I'm talking about watch all the games I mean the Ravens feel like their fan base says they should be 3 and oh right now but they got job by the referees they think the chiefs are being given all the advantages because the league wants them back in another championship game and that's what's being talked about we're talking about league wide the officiating is terrible so he's right he probably shouldn't say so 'cause I think he's gonna learn by a big old fine and maybe he's not gonna get anymore calls but I'd be frustrated too if I have ticky tack calls against me and then the fan base call him out saying he's not playing very well.

kumizi

Reaction score
They allow corners to be physical with the WR at the line of scrimmage. No one on the Cowboys sidelines, Cedee, or Dak complained about that non call.

The Cowboys get more calls than they have go against them.

Mike McCarthy teams are non disciplined and will get called for a lot of penalties.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Not three plays earlier: Lamb was mugged AND took 2 or 3 blows to the facemask on 3rd and short.

Just a reminder. And: Singletary definitely fumbled the football and they did not overturn the call.
The excuses are DEAD, bro. Do you know the holy hell that would be here if that wrong team facemask thing happened to us? And Singletary wasn't ruled to have fumbled because it wasn't a fumble. He held it in his possession with control just enough before the ground helped jar the ball loose. Didn't see the Lamb play. You got video?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
The excuses are DEAD, bro. Do you know the holy hell that would be here if that wrong team facemask thing happened to us? And Singletary wasn't ruled to have fumbled because it wasn't a fumble. He held it in his possession with control just enough before the ground helped jar the ball loose. Didn't see the Lamb play. You got video?
you would still have claimed no conspiracy, only losers complain about officials etc. see facemask on Dowdle against Saints

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We play a soft and weak brand of football. The refs are not going to bail us out. The only thing that can save us is aggression and physicality.