Twitter: Guyton thinks the NFL needs better Refs

Surfguy

Reaction score

It's more likely he wasn't happy with the quality of the Cowboys play than the refs. How is that interpreted to be not happy with the refs? What happened on June 14th? Oh...is that Sheldon Cooper "Fun With Flags" day? lol

jblaze2004

Reaction score
It's crazy that the refs was watching and calling him for holding so much but the Giants offensive lineman was doing the same thing with a lot of chokeholds and bear hugs today and barely any flags for it.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The phantom facemask call that SHOULD have been on Dallas went against the Giants. It was HORRIFIC. It set the tone for the rest of the game with trigger happy calls against Dallas. Seems like there is 1 standard for the other 31 teams and a totally different standard for Dallas. I've watched a ton of games over the years, since the early 70's, and must say, I know when a "soft rigging" or "steering" is in the works. Those are things of which we shall not speak concerning the NFL because its taboo...but VERY TRUE. Everyone knows it. Dallas overcame this and we escaped NYC with a dub.
You cite a call that was an abomination to the benefit of the Cowboys and still make it into a "we woulda beens robbed if we hadn't won" spiel? That's hilarious. After that facemask call, the notion that the refs are out to get the Cowboys is DEAD. This is why you see all the "but, but Parsons being held tho" comments to try to drown out the fact that the failsafe excuse is done for even when Parsons got multiple hold calls this game. I love watching people contort themselves to shoehorn a narrative they know isn't true. Lol.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
There were a few iffy holding calls on him in my opinion but he is also lunging too much.

One call that seems ridiculous is the defensive linemen jumps offsides getting a huge head start on the play so Guyton had a hold but *** are you supposed to do when a guy is offsides charging at your QB?

Creeper

Reaction score
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.
I saw the same thing on the 2nd Guyton holding call. Guyton never held. The Giants player fell over another players legs and hit the ground. But the refs seems to see a guy hit the ground and think a hold must have occurred.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
There were a few iffy holding calls on him in my opinion but he is also lunging too much.

One call that seems ridiculous is the defensive linemen jumps offsides getting a huge head start on the play so Guyton had a hold but *** are you supposed to do when a guy is offsides charging at your QB?
Don't commit a penalty of your own. You do your best to push the guy out of the path to the QB and then trust your QB to survive it knowing you have free yards in the bank to keep the drive going. Think war, not battle.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's not wrong. The NFL refs are terrible and very inconsistent!! Poor kid is going to get fined now. I LOL@ T. Smith's comment about Goodell protecting them like "John Gotti". :laugh: :laugh:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
There was one holding call where #5 tripped over someone’s feet (Tyler Smith maybe) and fell. That wasn’t on Guyton

Rayman70

Reaction score
You cite a call that was an abomination to the benefit of the Cowboys and still make it into a "we woulda beens robbed if we hadn't won" spiel? That's hilarious. After that facemask call, the notion that the refs are out to get the Cowboys is DEAD. This is why you see all the "but, but Parsons being held tho" comments to try to drown out the fact that the failsafe excuse is done for even when Parsons got multiple hold calls this game. I love watching people contort themselves to shoehorn a narrative they know isn't true. Lol.
HUH ..Cool your jets. You're trying too hard. I don't need to comfort anything man. You are barkin up the wrong tree. Its just one man's take on the game/sport without an agenda. I m a realist. We aren't a very good team and don't deserve ANYTHING. We must earn it. Last night, we earned it, even if ugly. Even when the refs are terrible. YES, we were terribly sloppy. Its ok to question things, even if it's the refs or a touchy subject to SOME. We can walk and chew gum around here, at the same time. Not sure how you morphed the Micah holding call thing into something I am a part of but I am not. I tune him out because all he does is talk and whine.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I refuse to read through five pages of this, so sorry if posted already….

The first one was questionable.

The second one should have been blown dead. His choice was to let the offside Thibideaux kill his QB or tackle him.

The third was legit.

Everyone knew it would take time with him, although it does seem as if he could stand to add some upper body bulk.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There was one holding call where #5 tripped over someone’s feet (Tyler Smith maybe) and fell. That wasn’t on Guyton
Exactly!!!! Thats one call I am referring to. Folks need to be ok with questioning EVERYTHING. Its ok really. That doesn't mean we are flawless. Lord knows we committed too many fouls last night. We have much to clean up.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I think I saw maybe one of those that wasn't a hold. But he's not wrong about the flag fest last night. It was hard to watch.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
To be fair he was doing stuff that they do to Micah all game. Bebee for a weird one too

Like 5 holdings right?
He held KT twice just like Parsons was held all last season with no penalties called. Guyton is ok and will continue to get better. I am more worried about Martin and Steele. They seem to be off.

Cmac

Reaction score
We know he's a rookie.....but c'mon Guyton. You can't do what we saw.....chokeholds aren't allowed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He held KT twice just like Parsons was held all last season with no penalties called. Guyton is ok and will continue to get better. I am more worried about Martin and Steele. They seem to be off.
I think guyton is losing focus and he would be helped by a stronger running game.

These pass rushers are all really tricky and work on this **** all year. It’s tough.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Honestly he didn't play that bad.

He was squeezed on a couple of calls and held up to Thibodeaux pretty well i thought. They shifted Thibodeaux onto to Steele in the 4th and he blew right by him.

Herbstreit mentioned that Guyton was on his own because Smith was helping Beebe, which was true.

I like Guyton, i think he's going to be very good.