Twitter: Guyton thinks the NFL needs better Refs

doomsday9084

Reaction score
To be fair he was doing stuff that they do to Micah all game. Bebee for a weird one too

Like 5 holdings right?
I can understand several of the holding calls. We have complained about the same stuff on Parsons on this board for some time. That said, if you are going to call it, go both ways and be consistent. Holding calls that tight would have drawn 10+ penalties in some past games for Parsons.

sbark

Reaction score
He needs to learn how to “punch” with his hands. He wastes all that arm length by catching and letting them into his body. He’s not strong enough at this point get in those battle with most of the quality he regularly faces.
Yup
Thats what was said about Tyron
His punch stopped guys cold
Then his hands so strong inside
Clamped on
It was over
Can Solari ingrain techniques?
His feet are there... it will come

chicago JK

Reaction score
Wrong comment to make.

Anyone who thought a raw RT wouldn't have trouble coming into the league was wearing their Cowboys goggles. Hopefully this is the worst of it and he is a quick learner. My thoughts on him longterm have not changed. He has the ability to be a good LT. As good as Tyron? Probably not, but a solid starting LT are hard to find.

Rayman70

Reaction score
in an effort to "protect the shield," the thought police will be reaching into Me boys pocket for that truth bomb comment after the game. He WILL learn sooner or later that certain things, true or not, mustn't be said, especially on camera. He wasn't wrong. That may have been the worst referree'd game I saw all year. BAR NONE.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM.....just tell us why you didn't get the rookie a little help on obvious passing down?

Was Schoon or Leupke too busy to help?
AMEN BROTHER!! I was thinking the same thing watching the poor kid get his butt whooped. It was like throwing your kid in the deep end of the pool without a life vest...hard to watch BUT you know it is eventually gonna pay off. For Daks sake and the offense, MAYBE in the future they can throw Guyton a bone and line up Luepke over there to chip at least. lol

cavemanct

Reaction score
I saw one of two of the holds as questionable. Other than that he was horrible. Kayvon T was eating him up.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The phantom facemask call that SHOULD have been on Dallas went against the Giants. It was HORRIFIC. It set the tone for the rest of the game with trigger happy calls against Dallas. Seems like there is 1 standard for the other 31 teams and a totally different standard for Dallas. I've watched a ton of games over the years, since the early 70's, and must say, I know when a "soft rigging" or "steering" is in the works. Those are things of which we shall not speak concerning the NFL because its taboo...but VERY TRUE. Everyone knows it. Dallas overcame this and we escaped NYC with a dub.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Refs were really bad. The face mask was called on the wrong team. Should have been on us. They made up for it later with some ticky tack calls. Was really bad guys. They are clearly supplementing there income by calling some of these penalties. Either keeping a point spread or swinging who wins.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I can understand several of the holding calls. We have complained about the same stuff on Parsons on this board for some time. That said, if you are going to call it, go both ways and be consistent. Holding calls that tight would have drawn 10+ penalties in some past games for Parsons.
Guyton deserved 1 or two. The other looked kind of routine and kind of an acting job by Kayvon to sell marginal holding.

You gotta call some of the holdings to let the linemen know it’s not a free reign, but also you gotta kind of look the other way if it’s questionable jsut for the sake of the game moving along

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A couple of the hold calls were questionable, but I could see them going either way.

However, one of the called holds did not seem like a hold. It was a block and the rusher seemed to trip over another lineman's feet and Guyton landed on top of him.

That facemask penalty on the Giants (unless I missed something) should have been on the Cowboys.

There was pass interference on both teams that were not called.

I think the referees were really bad tonight, but I don't think it was completely one-sided .. just tilted in the Giants favor.

I didn’t see any hold on a couple of them.

The Cowboys won and the Giants covered the spread. Weird.