RELEASED Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Released

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why isnt earl signed yet? How can we possibly go into this season with these safeties with earl sitting out there

I'd like that, but maybe Donovan Wilson may have shown something special? He looked good last preseason. Maybe they found something in him.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Seriously, how long must this S merry-go-round go on before we put some resources into the position? I swear I have not seen a S on this team make a play since Darren Woodson. I don’t care how many team meetings he misses or who him and his brother screw together, sign ET to a one year deal and let’s end this sieve on the back end.
Preach. Exaclty are we having a holier than thou contest or trying to win football games

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First to admit I was wrong on this.

This has to mean we're making a move right?

No way we enter the year with Woods, Thompson, Wilson and Robinson.

If we have a stronger D line...then we could relax a little bit on the safety. DB's getting burned because we can;t get to the QB. They might think they have fixed SOME of that.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They said he wasn’t doing well. Either have something else brewing or happy with what we have.. He got 2.25 million for a short training camp. Lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This might be a situation where not having those boring preseason games hurts. I don't know what's going on in practice but in games Clinton-Dix is a far better player than Darian Thompson.

We are evaluating based off of practices and not games.

But hey, at least this is more exciting.
Might be something not related to game day?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Really glad that the team just cut ties with him when they saw he wasn’t any good. Much better than keeping him because you spent money on him in free agency.

I’m not very surprised that he wasn’t any good though. What I saw of him in Washington was not pretty. He was awful there.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I predicted this in a earlier thread. I knew he was sunk when he was not practicing with the first unit.

RedLine

Reaction score
Hope they aren't going to try "safety by committee". We all saw how well that worked at receiver...

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
People saying he isn't an upgrade over Heath....... Haha

McCarthy makes you earn your spot, this isn't a Garrett run team anymore. You aren't given a spot, you aren't special and everybody has to earn their spot each week.
Remember when Jimmy would cut a dude to send a message? It would never be a top guy, but a guy good enough and could give some players pause?
Maybe I'm making it all up...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Signed in March to a one-year deal worth $3.75 million, veteran safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was released by the Cowboys Thursday, according to multiple sources. Clinton-Dix was guaranteed $2.25 million as part of the deal but his release opens $1.5 million in cap space. In making the move, the Cowboys must believe Xavier Woods (groin) will be healthy for the opener but adding a safety would appear to be a need

Gee I remember saying when the Cowboys signed him that in 2018 he was traded from the packers to the skins with 2 years left on his contract and was released after the season and signed a 1 year deal with the bears for last season and after last season didn't even offer him a contract and then the Cowboys signed him I said he would just be taking up a roster spot that could be better used.