Had the NFC blown call was against the Cowboys

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Against my Rams, would the Cowboys react the same way as Saints fans? Would Cowboys fans want not only a rematch but bring the play back to the 1:49 second mark with 1st and goal?

I ask this because even though most Cowboys fans on here are awesome, The Cowboys probably have the biggest fan-base in the NFL so there going to be a lot different emotions, feelings, reactions, attitudes, behaviors and will-power.

Separate question below (nothing to do with the first question above)

Also if the Cowboys fan did petition for a rematch and boycott the NFL (Cowboys being the NFL biggest cash cow), would the Commissioner allow a rematch?

Thoughts on both questions. Thanks

Dude, the server here would have melted so you wouldn't even know how fans got to react. You see the number of people here who still think the Dez no-catch was a case of "we wuz robbed" when the overturn was actually correct. So if the egregious Saints no-call had happened you can guess what it'd be like.

CWR

Reaction score
Against my Rams, would the Cowboys react the same way as Saints fans? Would Cowboys fans want not only a rematch but bring the play back to the 1:49 second mark with 1st and goal?

I ask this because even though most Cowboys fans on here are awesome, The Cowboys probably have the biggest fan-base in the NFL so there going to be a lot different emotions, feelings, reactions, attitudes, behaviors and will-power.

Also if the Cowboys fan did petition for a rematch and boycott the NFL (Cowboys being the NFL biggest cash cow), would the Commissioner allow a rematch?

Once its screwed it stays screwed. The Saints didn't lose the game on that play, they just failed to win it on that play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I'd be upset and extremely disappointed but I wouldn't expect the league to replay the game. I'd hope they find a way to make sure it doesn't happen again, as I do right now without the Cowboys being the unfortunate team.
That entire crew should be barred from reffing another NFL game EVER.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dude, the server here would have melted so you wouldn't even know how fans got to react. You see the number of people here who still think the Dez no-catch was a case of "we wuz robbed" when the overturn was actually correct. So if the egregious Saints no-call had happened you can guess what it'd be like.
We wuz robbed. That's my motto.

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score

I can't speak for anyone else but I never look to the refs to bail out the Cowboys. I personally find that to be embarrassing. I would be more upset if the ref called a penalty that shouldn't have been called. That is what gets under my skin more than anything else.

Lutonio

Reaction score
Yes. I'm not even a Saints fan and I reacted fairly similarly during and after the game.

It was an even worse call than the Dez Bryant catch.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not to overreact but I would found that ref and run him down with my truck. Twice.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I'd be pissed, but would I expect a rematch, not really.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

There was a ton of outcry from Cowboy fans over the Dez catch fiasco and the league did jack about it. So I would assume they would do jack about this as well.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
They should just award the game to the Saints,,, that penalty would have effectively ended the game right there.

No offense, but that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard...………...there was still time on the clock

What if the Saints fumbled the snap on the next play? What if the RB fumbled the ball? What if they tried a FG and it was either blocked or missed? This did not happen with 2 seconds left, there was still almost 2 min left in the game and the Saints had to run multiple plays to run out the clock.

Now yeah, the odds are 95% that the RB will not fumble, Brees will not bobble the snap, and the FG will be good if they tried it. But what if that 5% does happen? You cant just give the game to the Saints after the fact and ignore every possibility of something going wrong. Besides, I dont think the NFL could even do that. Has a game ever been reversed after it was played in the NFL with the losing team being awarded the game?

*******Just did a quick Google search and found nothing, no record of an NFL game every being awarded to the loser after the fact*******

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is a trick question.

The Cowboys would never be in the NFC Championship with Garrett.
winner-winner-400x400.gif

bb721

Reaction score
the blatant 4th qtr PI was horrible but that INT in OT was also caused by a PI no call..

No it wasn’t. The receiver turned around and basically ran straight into the defender. The defending player is entitled to the space, he didn’t cause the contact. Also, the pass MIGHT have been tipped, it’s hard to tell. If that happed that takes PI off the table entirely.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
We had a slightly was egregious recent example with the Dez catch in 2014, and I don’t feel like our fanbase reacted with the same irrational indignation as Saints fans are.

Being upset is one thing, they should be upset. That non call essentially kept them out of the SB. Demanding the NFC Championship game be replayed is just blind, irrational emotion.

How do you think Cowboys players would react? Michael Thomas demand a replay, threaten to call Goodell even though he a diva and a non-factor (4 for 36). He got shut down by Talib.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
2 years now they came up short.

I'll admit, I wanted the Vikings to go all the way last year. That Minnesota Miracle was beautiful. I think I shed a tear. My dad and I both look at each other and we slowly nodded.