Had to put our dog down Wednesday. This game made me cry

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So, now God loves Cowboys fans more than Seahawk fans? The OP seems to be suggesting there is a supreme being out there that intervenes in the result of sporting events? This just reminds me why CZ rules don't want religon as a topic of discussion.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

On Wednesday, I got home from work and my wife looked really upset which I rarely if ever see from her. I said you look like you are about to tell me something terrible, and she said "I am. Your mom had to put down Maya this afternoon."

Maya lived a great life and was 12. I lived with her for a good bit of her life before moving out and beginning a life with my wife. She was an amazing dog and I had a really special bond with her. I also lost my dad at age 56 to a nasty disease called PML, which he got from having 13 years of multiple sclerosis.

That final drive I prayed and looked up to the sky and begged my father and Maya to just let us have this win. I needed this so bad after spending the last 3 days crying. Now I'm crying even more because they delivered on my prayer. I think I've only ever cried twice from a game and this is now one of those two times. Go Cowboys
Sorry man. It’s always tough. The are Man’s Best Friend for a reason.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

On Wednesday, I got home from work and my wife looked really upset which I rarely if ever see from her. I said you look like you are about to tell me something terrible, and she said "I am. Your mom had to put down Maya this afternoon."

Maya lived a great life and was 12. I lived with her for a good bit of her life before moving out and beginning a life with my wife. She was an amazing dog and I had a really special bond with her. I also lost my dad at age 56 to a nasty disease called PML, which he got from having 13 years of multiple sclerosis.

That final drive I prayed and looked up to the sky and begged my father and Maya to just let us have this win. I needed this so bad after spending the last 3 days crying. Now I'm crying even more because they delivered on my prayer. I think I've only ever cried twice from a game and this is now one of those two times. Go Cowboys
Hey bro we love you man . You’re not alone In feeling this way about a special friend. You will see Maya again. Sleep well tonight.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
So, now God loves Cowboys fans more than Seahawk fans? The OP seems to be suggesting there is a supreme being out there that intervenes in the result of sporting events? This just reminds me why CZ rules don't want religon as a topic of discussion.
Congrats on being “ that guy”. You must feel special being so superior to everyone else,

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

I get it brother, lost my 15 year old girl Buttercup at the end of October. Like a daughter to me, just rips your heart out. The pain and suffering though is the cost of loving them. I was gifted with 15 awesome years, she was truly loved and spoiled. The heartbreak is our way of honoring her life she shared with our family. In time we heal but it certainly leaves a huge absence that we cannot fill.

CCBoy

Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

Once one has a dog's trust, he would without hesitation give his life to defend you.

Kind of like a true Cowboys fan.

Sorry, a silent prayer and some respect, here, our friend.

plymkr

Reaction score
After reading this I went and hugged my dog. Prayers be with you brother and just know that Maya was wagging her tail when the Cowboys won. She’ll be waiting for you on the other side.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

The thing about dogs, mate, is that pets will look up-close to you with so much love. And dogs have no agendas. It's a pure love thing.

plasticman

Reaction score
My sympathies.

I never thought I was the kind of guy to have an emotional relationship with animal until my stepdaughter moved in. She has a half pit, half retriever.

I told her she could have it here if she just kept it away from me. Two weeks later and I've practically forsaken my wife as I spend most of the time on the couch spooning with this dog.

Every day when I come home, she acts as if I've been away for two years.

Again, I am sorry for your loss, I hope you have kept enough memories to keep her alive in your thoughts.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Thoughts are with you. I put my 18 year old Bichon down in July. Toughest thing to do. It has been five months and I still sense his presence around me and am constantly looking for him. My wife does not want to get another one because of how much it hurt to lose him. I would not mind because those little critters don't do anything but love and aim to please.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

Sending love my friend!!!

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Truly sorry for you loss. I am happy this win give you a little solace. Not always the easiest thing to lose our pets and I imagine Maya watched a lot of games next to you. Remember the good wins with her and let her know through prayer the Boys pulled one out for her.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

Sorry to hear that. One of natures cruelest things is having these amazing creatures only live a short period of time.

catiii

Reaction score
Much love and prayers to you brother!

'There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colors. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.
Now I'm crying too. I've got a few waiting for me there..........

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
CowboysZone Team,

Sorry to hear this my friend, had to do the same with my Goldie back in 2020 of June. I cried like a baby the night before my wife took him to be put down after 11 years. Then the next morning, had to pick him up ( weighed around 105 pounds) and put him in the back of the jeep to be put down. Working from home, came back into the living room to go back to work, as my wife rolled out of the garage with the Goldie to be put down. Crying as my 2 daughters are crying watching me cry. One of my worst days ever. Then my wife sends me a video of the dog, all of a sudden running around like there is no problem at all at the vet, I am texting her to bring him back but they told her it was just the adrenaline and once it wears off would be back the way it was before. Wasn’t right for over a week and still cry whenever I see a Golden anywhere.