Half-billion dollar QB played in a pre-season game so can babied Dak

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How do you know it's not Dak saying he wants to wait and not the Dallas organization?

Silly

Reaction score
Theres a reason you’re sitting at home in a message board and not Dak. WTH take a risk in a completely meaningless game? There is absolutely ZERO benefit!!!

I don't know. That was Garett's philosophy. Dallas would always play like crap in the first couple of games. But maybe with the extra game this year, opening day does not matter anymore. Then at the season's end, Garrett was struggling for one more win to make the playoffs.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys and Dak are concerned with the nature of his injury and the true recovery time for it to fully heal. Why not just give it as much time to heal as possible before placing him in game mode?

They had better get a decent back up, because right now it's hard to believe Dak will be available for all 17 games.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I’m getting tired of this organization and McCarthy sabotaging this team’s hopes of a winning season because they want to show Dak that they are in charge instead of letting him get valuable live reps.

If a half billion dollars QB like Mhaomes can play in the pre-season so can Dak. If I was Dak I would suit up and tell the media that he is playing vs Houston.

I don't see anything wrong with waiting if he has a minor arm injury and is not 100%. It just seems silly to throw him in the preseason if that's the case.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If Dak were truthfully ok he would be out there. I think doctor Jerry wants everyone to think
he so smart for playing it safe when he is actually buying more time for Dak to heal up.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Dak is hurt, I think a lot of people just hope he makes through 17 games. So forget preseason, he's still rehabbing his leg and shoulder. Just play Nucci and sit Gilbert too, there’s a good chance Gilbert will play in the reg season….I would actually plan on Gilbert as the starter week 1. How could Dak be ready with no conditioning and no practice.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have this morbid scenario in my head where Jerry is telling everyone Dak is fine while he desperately calls every GM in the league trying to trade for a "backup" quarterback. Unfortunately, the GM's discover Dak's true status and the asking price goes from a 5th rounder to a 1st in less than a day.

It's dark humor assuming we have absolutely nothing to worry about.....so why wouldn't Dak be allowed to play a few series?
its your wishful thinking....are you a cowboys fan?