CFZ Half empty glass thinking when we don't know

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
OK, I get it. Bad way to lose a playoff game and it wasn't the first time the Cowboys got bounced so there is that "here we go again" attitude but why go to the negative side when we really don't know about several players that will be asked to step up?

This negative vibe so early in the year is not healthy. Don't give into the dark side so quickly and throw in the towel before the draft happens.

Moving to the dark side is what has kept me a fan of this team. No longer having hope, expecting the front office to fail and the team to fall short, takes all the stress away.

If they actually win something again it'll be a happy accident and a nice surprise. In the meantime, I can laugh when Jerry is shocked by what I expected to happen.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been the worst off-season that I can remember and there is no reason to expect anything other than a steep decline. There is a lot of reasons to support my opinion. It seems like you have missed the last month of Cowboys news and you are just joining the conversation.
No, I expected this with the cap and certain players like Cooper, Williams and Collins and I did not see them as players in FA, more like dabblers.

It hasn't been the worst off season I can remember, I can recall several worse because I have the results of that to consider. I do not have that yet about this off season as well as I do not know the final roster.

It's our choice, either Shane lived or died. Since I don't know for sure, I think he lived.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, I expected this with the cap and certain players like Cooper, Williams and Collins and I did not see them as players in FA, more like dabblers.

It hasn't been the worst off season I can remember, I can recall several worse because I have the results of that to consider. I do not have that yet about this off season as well as I do not know the final roster.

It's our choice, either Shane lived or died. Since I don't know for sure, I think he lived.
For the sake of argument I wonder how much different the Cowboys might have approached this offseason if we had made a more serious push in the playoffs like losing in championship game or Super Bowl?

Wouid we have attempted to hang on to these players and restructured their contracts to push it further out?

Did the disappointing results drive our decisions to move on from some of these talents because the results weren’t favorable ?

Maybe this is a discussion for another thread?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
OK, I get it. Bad way to lose a playoff game and it wasn't the first time the Cowboys got bounced so there is that "here we go again" attitude but why go to the negative side when we really don't know about several players that will be asked to step up?

This negative vibe so early in the year is not healthy. Don't give into the dark side so quickly and throw in the towel before the draft happens.

What don't we know?

Steele at RT full time unless they go after an OT.
Whomever at LG because that will not be McGovern because they already tried that.
Elliott healthy because he wasn't last season. Shades of Emmitt when they thought he was done and he played on a bad ankle all year. Bad wheels on a RB is not good.
Pollard's contribution because I think that is increasing.
Lamb as the #1WR. They thought he might struggle at OU when Brown left for the NFL and he was better than Brown. And the QB seems to like Lamb and Gallup, along with Schultz, as his favorite targets.
Gallup asking to be more, do more than he has been asked to do before. And he's saying all the right things. He is a very good WR, the only question is the timing of his 100% return.
The #3 WR is not on the team yet.
The effect of McC and Moore being put on the spot because the offense fizzled at the end.

Parsons soph year and how he is implemented in the defense because what we do know is that Quinn stayed. We do know this is a very special player and he's becoming a leader.
The DL is not complete, we do know this.
What the LB corps is going to look like.
The secondary is incomplete but it led the NFL in picks in 2021 and Diggs is still improving.
What players from the D heavy 2021 draft are ready to take the next step because we didn't get to see enough of them.

We do not know what the East is going to look like but I like the Cowboys chances with Jones, Wentz and Hurts as the other QB's. You might be disappointed by the lack of action in FA with the Cowboys but what have the others done to improve?

My point is why just default to the negative when we don't know?

What we do know.

This coaching staff and team went 12-6, swept the East by 20ppg and yes, they only went 6-5 outside the division but that was last year, not this year.

There are reasons to be positive and negative, the choice is yours but with so little known at this time, why not give yourself a break and at least hang in the middle until you do know more. At least give yourself until the draft.

You have low standards and accept mediocrity.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have low standards and accept mediocrity.
Unfortunately we’ve been forced to lower our standards here as Jethro has lowered the bar.

It’s not like we really have a choice. It’s seems silly to expect more from this once proud football franchise. We aren’t a championship caliber organization any longer. And haven’t been for decades.

birdwells1

Reaction score
We need to implement a new culture here in Dallas. Let's not complain about every single move and free agent miss. I did not want Von Miller for 6 years 120 million. I never wanted Randy Gregory for 70 million. Six sacks? That's insanity. We get a younger player with almost identical stats in dorrance armstrong.

I'm glad Collins is gone because he let us down last year and the year before that. Williams is also gone. Thank god. Some people said he was a good lineman here and I'm sure those are the same people who said Brandon car was a good cornerback. I have no idea what they're watching.

Just be patient. This needed to be blown up after the first round loss. Yet again.

Can we start posting the real contract numbers instead of the ones the agents want publicized.

birdwells1

Reaction score
I won’t be disappointed with cap space. That’s an opportunity going forward.

What I would be really disappointed with is wasting that cap space on average or below average players. And I think that’s a LOT more likely.

An the the winner of the 2022 Cap Boy Super Bowl is ........ The Dallas Cowboys. When is the parade? What is cap space if you don't use it for player that are going to make you better than last year?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

What don't we know?

Steele at RT full time unless they go after an OT.
Whomever at LG because that will not be McGovern because they already tried that.
Elliott healthy because he wasn't last season. Shades of Emmitt when they thought he was done and he played on a bad ankle all year. Bad wheels on a RB is not good.
Pollard's contribution because I think that is increasing.
Lamb as the #1WR. They thought he might struggle at OU when Brown left for the NFL and he was better than Brown. And the QB seems to like Lamb and Gallup, along with Schultz, as his favorite targets.
Gallup asking to be more, do more than he has been asked to do before. And he's saying all the right things. He is a very good WR, the only question is the timing of his 100% return.
The #3 WR is not on the team yet.
The effect of McC and Moore being put on the spot because the offense fizzled at the end.

Parsons soph year and how he is implemented in the defense because what we do know is that Quinn stayed. We do know this is a very special player and he's becoming a leader.
The DL is not complete, we do know this.
What the LB corps is going to look like.
The secondary is incomplete but it led the NFL in picks in 2021 and Diggs is still improving.
What players from the D heavy 2021 draft are ready to take the next step because we didn't get to see enough of them.

We do not know what the East is going to look like but I like the Cowboys chances with Jones, Wentz and Hurts as the other QB's. You might be disappointed by the lack of action in FA with the Cowboys but what have the others done to improve?

My point is why just default to the negative when we don't know?

What we do know.

This coaching staff and team went 12-6, swept the East by 20ppg and yes, they only went 6-5 outside the division but that was last year, not this year.

There are reasons to be positive and negative, the choice is yours but with so little known at this time, why not give yourself a break and at least hang in the middle until you do know more. At least give yourself until the draft.
As usual, words of wisdom from my ol' friend, CC!!!!

:clap::bow::starspin::flagwave:

J_Allen

Reaction score
Can we start posting the real contract numbers instead of the ones the agents want publicized.

Yeah you can if you want to. I'm not digging deep enough to find out what the real numbers are because I don't care. I didn't want them here.