Halfway through the season, this team is full of "I told you so's"

Asklesko

Reaction score
Alexander fired because he sucks. Who didn't say that hiring the Bengals' reject was a bad idea?
Overpayed for Cooper because our WR corps was NOT okay. (Duh)
Dak showing no improvement - not surprising given last year teammate Kellen Moore is his coach.

This team is shamefully run!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL isn't like chess. It's more like poker.

There's an element of luck combined with the fact there are 31 other competitors that are competing against you for a limited talent pool.

The Cooper trade will remain questionable for a while. But the fact is the WR corps was at the bottom of the league when it comes to talent and something had to be done in order to try salvaging this season.

Why waste the defensive effort this team is putting out?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak is/was NOT the problem.

It is this Oline and WRs, hence the moves made to each in order to fix them.

Watch the wins start accumulating.

I told you so.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Alexander fired because he sucks. Who didn't say that hiring the Bengals' reject was a bad idea?
Dak showing no improvement - not surprising given last year teammate Kellen Moore is his coach.

I do not know.

Landry, Lombardi, Allen and Halas are dead.

Now what do we do?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Plenty here claimed it was great hire. Go back and read the posts.

Too many here just rubber stamp every move, unable to be critical and analyze individual moves.

I'll post mine here again.These are things I said at the time, and I stand by today.

Alexander was a bad hire. Marvin Lewis wanted him gone and we ran out and hired him.

Sanjay was a bad hire. He's a journeyman and has been let go by losing organizations.

Kellen Moore was a bad hire. Dak needs experience and guidance, not someone learning on the job.

Kris Richard was a great hire, brought enthusiasm and modern concepts to a stagnant defensive staff.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is pretty clear the offseason plan by this front office has been a big fat bag of FAIL.

Don't need a true number one WR? FAIL

Just go with a new OL scheme? FAIL

Tight end is not an issue. FAIL

Dak Prescott is a franchise QB. FAIL

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is/was NOT the problem.

It is this Oline and WRs, hence the moves made to each in order to fix them.

Watch the wins start accumulating.

I told you so.

I was pleased when the team drafted the kid.

And over the first season and a half I couldn't have been more pleased.

Obviously the last 15 games or so (actually the last two games have been good) the results have been disappointing.

Before I say, "Well a new QB is needed" the WR corps had to have an influx of talent and the OL was poor so far this season. And at this point some effort has been made to fix both of those.

We'll see if Dak's numbers improve.

FTWayne

Reaction score
What's Kellen Moore not doing or doing? A list would be great. I'm just wondering.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak sure is running out of excuses.

Dez gone. Witten gone. OL coach fired. New #1 WR. A “Dak friendly” offense installed.

Dak-Extinction baby....as time goes on heads roll and # 4 is still stinking it up back there....yes our Cowboys have taken a turn for the worse and here there selling crazy as usual.....

glimmerman

Reaction score

I think Dak is showing improvement despite a QB coach that only got the job because Linehan is in love with him. You do realize that if Moore didn’t break a ankle or whatever Linehan would have had him in for the injured Romo.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dak sure is running out of excuses.

Dez gone. Witten gone. OL coach fired. New #1 WR. A “Dak friendly” offense installed.

Linehan only installs "opponent friendly" offenses.

All the excuses are excusing the guy who is supposed to be in charge of the offense - Linehan.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The NFL isn't like chess. It's more like poker.

There's an element of luck combined with the fact there are 31 other competitors that are competing against you for a limited talent pool.

The Cooper trade will remain questionable for a while. But the fact is the WR corps was at the bottom of the league when it comes to talent and something had to be done in order to try salvaging this season.

Why waste the defensive effort this team is putting out?

Well I liked what Aikman said right after the trade on the Ticket. Is it that important to make a trade to win a very bad division and make it into the wildcard game, if you are going to probably going to lose that wildcard game? I mean face it, even with coop, it is very doubtful that the cowboys are good enough to win in the playoffs.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Linehan only installs "opponent friendly" offenses.

All the excuses are excusing the guy who is supposed to be in charge of the offense - Linehan.

His scheme is getting guys open

They are not being seen

Zeke is #2 in league in rushing. With basically zero pass game to take the heat off him

A lot about this offense is working
Except one thing

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Well I liked what Aikman said right after the trade on the Ticket. Is it that important to make a trade to win a very bad division and make it into the wildcard game, if you are going to probably going to lose that wildcard game? I mean face it, even with coop, it is very doubtful that the cowboys are good enough to win in the playoffs.
I'm not a happy fan by any stretch but I totally disagree, here. Once you get into the dance, anyone has a chance. This defense is plating at a high level. If the offense starts playing like 2016 and the first half of 2017 they can compete with anyone (including the Rams and Saints). If they don't then it will be one and done. No one though Prescott could go toe to toe with Rodgers ins 2016, either. And, stats-wise, he actually out played him. The defense let us down that week, not the offense.

For the record, I have my doubts that that type of recovery is on the horizon but no one gave the Giants a chance to win it all in 2007, either. The defense caught fire at the right time and the offense played complimentary football to beat the (then) unbeaten Patriots. It's a strange league and the ball bounces strange ways. Again, I'm not saying the Cowboys will replicate that type of run but I'm sure as hell not going to sit here on my couch and act like it doesn't happen, either. Get in the dance. That's goal #1. From there it's some intense football and, face it, a bit of luck.