Halfway through the season, this team is full of "I told you so's"

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
And look at what Reid is doing, now. Running, quite possibly the best offense the league has seen since the record breaking Greatest Show on Turf. Face it, sometimes the fans (who spearheaded the exile of Reid) don't know ****.

I'm more than willing to take that chance with Garrett ... OHhhh i can't wait to see what team signs him as HC .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Alexander fired because he sucks. Who didn't say that hiring the Bengals' reject was a bad idea?
Overpayed for Cooper because our WR corps was NOT okay. (Duh)
Dak showing no improvement - not surprising given last year teammate Kellen Moore is his coach.

This team is shamefully run!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The thing is this could be a much different team by the end of the season than it is now. If they get in being 8-8, I'll still take it.

I've been a fan for a long time and the Cowboys would be in the playoffs far more often then they were not. That led to a lot of playoff losses but once in a while the stars aligned right and they made the SB.

That's why I say shoot for the playoffs and then whatever happens after... happens.

You string together enough playoff appearances and out of a couple of those the odds will be in your favor.

Well like I said, usually I don't mind the playoffs, when I think the team has somewhat of a chance, which is most of the time they make it there. I'm a bit overly pessimistic this year, because I'm becoming more and more convinced that the quarterback we have isn't good enough to overcome the other flaws that this team has. Also when you really stink, I hate when we overachieve and end up getting a worse draft pick, which isn't the problem this year since we traded it away. So I guess it wouldn't matter so much if they got into the playoffs, except them getting destroyed by a good team once there could be disheartening to watch.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And look at what Reid is doing, now. Running, quite possibly the best offense the league has seen since the record breaking Greatest Show on Turf. Face it, sometimes the fans (who spearheaded the exile of Reid) don't know ****.
:D yeah especially when the eagle fans thought they finally had a good coach in Chip Kelly after getting rid of Reid who was no good.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well like I said, usually I don't mind the playoffs, when I think the team has somewhat of a chance, which is most of the time they make it there. I'm a bit overly pessimistic this year, because I'm becoming more and more convinced that the quarterback we have isn't good enough to overcome the other flaws that this team has. Also when you really stink, I hate when we overachieve and end up getting a worse draft pick, which isn't the problem this year since we traded it away. So I guess it wouldn't matter so much if they got into the playoffs, except them getting destroyed by a good team once there could be disheartening to watch.

The QB may not be good enough.

I don't know.

But given the rottenness of the WR corp some help was needed.

And who knows? Maybe Cooper gives this offense what it needs to consistently get 25 points a game.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
We got it ...8,386 posts of how you can enjoy garretts bum ...

fact is some fans actually want this team to make the playoffs.

stop complaining, and stop defending mediocrity ... jeez .
Yes, I've spent 8000+ posts defending mediocrity. You're stupidity is about as tiring as your limited repertoire.

That 1000 yard stare that your wife has, sometimes? Behind it is the lament of what it used to be to actually have a man around the house instead of a whiney ***** that incessantly repeats Garret sucks, like some petulant child. Maybe she'll whip you up some milk and cookies so you'll feel better, eh?

Asklesko

Reaction score
You have no idea if the trade was an overpayment because he hasn't played yet. 90% of this board and a big chunk of the national media was convinced Dallas was incompetent to pass on Shariff Floyd to take Travis Frederick.

They were wrong about the WRs we already had. Why do you think they will be right about Amari?

skinsscalper

Reaction score
It's a lock that the trade didn't come with the *rights* to an extension. We got the *rights* to a year and a half.
No player comes with the "rights" to an extension, traded or not, idiot. **** dude stop while you still look like you have a modicum of intelligence.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I was pleased when the team drafted the kid.

And over the first season and a half I couldn't have been more pleased.

Obviously the last 15 games or so (actually the last two games have been good) the results have been disappointing.

Before I say, "Well a new QB is needed" the WR corps had to have an influx of talent and the OL was poor so far this season. And at this point some effort has been made to fix both of those.

We'll see if Dak's numbers improve.
I would disagree that the last two have been good. Dak single handedly lost the last game and the game before he had a terrible 2nd half (with the luxury of playing with a fat cushion in the first half from actual good play by him)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
No player comes with the "rights" to an extension, traded or not, idiot. **** dude stop while you still look like you have a modicum of intelligence.

Indeed, no players come with the right to an extension, so stop pretending that we got anything more than a year and a half of rights for Cooper.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would disagree that the last two have been good. Dak single handedly lost the last game and the game before he had a terrible 2nd half (with the luxury of playing with a fat cushion in the first half from actual good play by him)

From a passing aspect he was good.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL isn't like chess. It's more like poker.

There's an element of luck combined with the fact there are 31 other competitors that are competing against you for a limited talent pool.

The Cooper trade will remain questionable for a while. But the fact is the WR corps was at the bottom of the league when it comes to talent and something had to be done in order to try salvaging this season.

Why waste the defensive effort this team is putting out?

Mostly agree, but there is an element of strategy in the NFL more akin to chess that we don't excel at.