***Hall Of Fame Game Thread....Colts Vs ??????***

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;2174691 said:
There.... fixed it for ya...

:laugh2:
nope. i don't bust out the 11 herbs and spices till the games are meaningful on sundays. especially not for a foreskin game. wouldn't want to waste that good stuff since i'll be puking at the sight of those disgusting foreskin uni's.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hostile;2174692 said:
I'm pissed. There was not enough Favre reinstatement coverage.

Has anyone heard anything about Favre being reinstated? Boy, that story sure died :D

rk_bailey

Reaction score
Biggems;2173681 said:
Hey Skins fans........in all seriousness.

Can you produce a list of Skins players that you feel belong in the HOF.

I have made a list of Cowboys players I feel belong in the HOF.....I try to be reasonable, but sometimes it is hard not being homerish.

1. WR Bob Hayes
2. LB Chuck Howley
3. CB Cornell Green
4. OL John Niland
5. OL Ralph Neely
6. WR Drew Pearson
7. DE Harvey Martin
8. DE Ed Too Tall Jones
9. CB Everson Walls
10. OL Larry Allen - not eligible yet
11. RB Emmitt Smith - not eligible yet
12. CB Deion Sanders - not eligible yet
13. RB Herschel Walker (his combined stats from USFL and NFL should get him in)
14. DE Charles Haley
15. S Cliff Harris
16. S Charlie Waters

If all of these players get in.....that gives Dallas 24 players + Landry and Schramm
QB - 2 (Staubach, Aikman)
RB - 3 (Dorsett, Emmitt, Walker)
WR - 3 (Irvin, Hayes, Pearson)
OL - 4 (Wright, Allen, Neely, Niland)
DL - 5 (Lilly, White, Martin, Jones, Haley)
LB - 1 (Howley)
DB - 6 (Renfro, Green, Harris, Waters, Walls, Sanders)

Now players I feel could possibly be considered, but not sure, but definitely Ring of Honor worthy
1. TE Jay Novacek
2. FB Daryl Johnston
3. S Darren Woodson

Players with the best chance
1. Chris Hanburger (9 times all pro, Defensive player of year 1972)
2. Russ Grimm - Leader of the Hogs

Players who have a chance if Hell Freezes over

3. Gary Clark - look at his stats vs. Irvin's Not saying he was as good...just similar statistics
4. Jerry Smith
5. Joe Jacoby
6. Dave Butz
7. Brian Mitchell

If play for about 8 more years with same type of numbers
8. Portis

Outside of that (mostly the first two), as a Commanders fan, I couldn't put anyone else in the Hall of Fame. I do think some of the Art Monk comments on here about it being bad to be "possession wr" only are very stupid. It's amazing, everyone on the field knew where the ball was going on 3rd and 9, and yet no one was ever able to stop it. Every team in the NFL would, even today, want that. Then add the fact that he never complained about not getting thrown to and just did his job year after year. Yeah you are right. Monk sucked :rolleyes: Monk was very HOF worthy, just as I thought Irvin was.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tomson75;2176659 said:
If Portis plays EIGHT more years? :eek:

He'll be lucky to play three.
Yeah, but he needs 8 more Tomson.

At his current production level no less.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hostile;2176675 said:
Yeah, but he needs 8 more Tomson.

At his current production level no less.

You know he is 26 right? Yes, he as a ton of carries, I would give him 5. I believe he will retire a Skins.

And as of right now -- unless he goes nuts under Zorn (one can hope!)...he is in the Hall of Very Good.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sonny#9;2176869 said:
You know he is 26 right? Yes, he as a ton of carries, I would give him 5. I believe he will retire a Skins.

And as of right now -- unless he goes nuts under Zorn (one can hope!)...he is in the Hall of Very Good.
You know that no 34 year old RB in NFL History has had the kind of production that Portis had at 25 right?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
rk_bailey;2176426 said:
Players with the best chance
1. Chris Hanburger (9 times all pro, Defensive player of year 1972)
2. Russ Grimm - Leader of the Hogs

Players who have a chance if Hell Freezes over

3. Gary Clark - look at his stats vs. Irvin's Not saying he was as good...just similar statistics
4. Jerry Smith
5. Joe Jacoby
6. Dave Butz
7. Brian Mitchell

If play for about 8 more years with same type of numbers
8. Portis

Outside of that (mostly the first two), as a Commanders fan, I couldn't put anyone else in the Hall of Fame. I do think some of the Art Monk comments on here about it being bad to be "possession wr" only are very stupid. It's amazing, everyone on the field knew where the ball was going on 3rd and 9, and yet no one was ever able to stop it. Every team in the NFL would, even today, want that. Then add the fact that he never complained about not getting thrown to and just did his job year after year. Yeah you are right. Monk sucked :rolleyes: Monk was very HOF worthy, just as I thought Irvin was.

im sorry but Jacoby is certainly a HOFer in my opinion. i may hate the skins, but that guy was a major force on your OL.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Hostile;2176883 said:
You know that no 34 year old RB in NFL History has had the kind of production that Portis had at 25 right?

Bingo. I honestly give Portis 4 more years in the NFL. He'll put up very good numbers the next 2, and then 3 years from now have a drop off. Year 4 it'll be clear he isn't the same back, and he'll retire at 30

The pounding he took the last 4 years in his own words took "6 years off my career" So I give him 2 more very productive years and 2 years after that where his role diminishes

Hopefully Marcus Mason can be stacked on the roster till then

Sonny#9

Reaction score
Hostile;2176883 said:

Yeah -- that's why I said 5 years :)

I meant to multi-quote that one with the post directly above yours...

rk_bailey

Reaction score
Biggems;2177268 said:
im sorry but Jacoby is certainly a HOFer in my opinion. i may hate the skins, but that guy was a major force on your OL.

Those aren't my personal opinion (looking back at my original post though, I did say it like that. I believe he is very HOF worthy, I was just saying how I think it would play out with the HOF Voters. He and Grimm are both very worthy, I just don't think the Voters will get both of them in. It took so long for Monk, I can't see Jacoby being voted in. I also don't think that Portis will play 8 more years. He would just need to to get into HOF Status...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think Clinton makes it to 30-31 being productive and then it's probably over for him.

Still he'll have had a pretty solid career by that point.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
SkinsHokieFan;2177365 said:
Hopefully Marcus Mason can be stacked on the roster till then

I'll admit it -- I have a man crush on Marcus Mason...