Halloween anyone?

cowboyec

Reaction score
always watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and the classic disney short Ichabod Crane.
Hopefully TCM will show Frankenstein,Bride of Frankenstein,Dracula,The Wolfman and The Mummy.

got the lighted spider web set-up in our front window....and soon I'll be testing the Reese's Peanutbutter Cups to make sure they are of standard.

as for my costume when I take the kids out for tricks or treats.....I'm wearing my Cowboys Hoody and stocking cap....going as Legendary Cowboys LBs Coach Jerry Tubbs.
last year same outfit but I was Jim Myers.
the year before...Ernie Stautner.
its a tradition.
same get-up....but different Landry asst. each year.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
always watch The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and the classic disney short Ichabod Crane.
Hopefully TCM will show Frankenstein,Bride of Frankenstein,Dracula,The Wolfman and The Mummy.

got the lighted spider web set-up in our front window....and soon I'll be testing the Reese's Peanutbutter Cups to make sure they are of standard.

as for my costume when I take the kids out for tricks or treats.....I'm wearing my Cowboys Hoody and stocking cap....going as Legendary Cowboys LBs Coach Jerry Tubbs.
last year same outfit but I was Jim Myers.
the year before...Ernie Stautner.
its a tradition.
same get-up....but different Landry asst. each year.
Hey now that’s good stuff!! Halloween good time at home with movies or out. Watch Icabod Crane and classic Universal Horror myself ....did my hometown kids and families trick or treating down Main Street...that was pure clean fun. And love seeing all the houses with neat lights and things... I think I will watch Charlie Brown ...it’s been so long since I have. Just do my horror movie junk fest with a bucket full of garbage my body doesn’t need but delights in partaking.

Last edited:

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
A few years ago I made a scarecrow and sat him in a lawn chair by the door with a pumpkin bucket of candy in one hand while the other hand rested on the arm of the chair..... I used 2 different blood pressure cups that are disposable like the ones used in the hospital now and made extensions to the hoses. I put one around the neck and another around the arm not holding the candy. With my night vision camera pointed towards the door, I could see if kids were trying to take more than one treat or not.... If they were trying to be greedy, I would squeeze the blood pressure balls making the scarecrows head and arm to move suddenly. Seeing some kids run for their lives was so rewarding that year.... Sadly the parents in my neighborhood did not find it as funny or rewarding.... The HOA decided to remind me each year since that I am not allowed to try that again.... Go figure....

Them

Reaction score
...Sadly I've had to give up participating in handing out candy for Trick-or-Treaters....Bus loads of costumed kids (and most of their families) assault my small neighborhood each Halloween..Once my candy bill exceeded $400, and still more kept coming I gave up...These days I lockup...dim the lights...and pretend I'm not home...Yep, that sucks I know!...But times have really changed!

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
...Sadly I've had to give up participating in handing out candy for Trick-or-Treaters....Bus loads of costumed kids (and most of their families) assault my small neighborhood each Halloween..Once my candy bill exceeded $400, and still more kept coming I gave up...These days I lockup...dim the lights...and pretend I'm not home...Yep, that sucks I know!...But times have really changed!

My lord, What are you handing out, full size Mr. Goodbars? If so, I know where I'm headed to this year... lol

Just pickin.... That is a lot of junk food.......

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don't mind buying candy and giving it away. What ends up annoying me is the door bell ringing ever 2 minutes for four straight hours. :laugh:
Yeah,that could get old fast. I’m the type who’s out and about looking at the parents and kids fun costumes. Yesterday saw a dad dressed as Snape from Harry Potter
a Scooby Doo crowd with all the characters in well done outfits complete with cardboard mystery van. Got a kick from that.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I usually spend Halloween at home being depressed. My birthday is the next day.
None of that now...by myself pretty much 365 a year. Go out and do something nice as a present to yourself. Doesn’t matter how silly or small,you’ll be glad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do that too, but only because the first year I lived in my house I bought 2 lbs. of candy, and 7 kids came to my door. The next year it was 5...then 3. Now I just leave the lights off.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Interesting....was studying Rome,and the “trick or treat” deal was from them. They believed that certain day spirits come out,and if you left them a gift or treat...they wouldn’t play tricks on you.