Halloween anyone?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My Halloween will be spent, as usual, with a big bowl of hot fresh popcorn and the candy I would give out if I felt like feeding the habit of a bunch of miniature panhandlers too ashamed to show their faces. I will watch the original Halloween as well as the latest one and Scream.

I haven't seen a trick r treater in 7 or 8 years and I do miss the little tykes. I have to buy my own candy instead of the old reverse tape on the hands "lemme see what you've got already", the stuff I didn't like went to the other little beggars. If they didn't have anything I liked, I followed them home and egged their screens. Served their parents right for not training them to trick r treat better.

nobody

Reaction score
Not too cold for me. For her. Looks like it will be in the 20's Thursday night.

I understand. Her safety comes first. As a kid I wouldn't have stood for it though. I remember one Halloween in Colorado, it was a blizzard outside and I was trick or treating with nary a care in the world. I hated having to wear the winter coat over the costume, but I was determined to have fun. :)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I understand. Her safety comes first. As a kid I wouldn't have stood for it though. I remember one Halloween in Colorado, it was a blizzard outside and I was trick or treating with nary a care in the world. I hated having to wear the winter coat over the costume, but I was determined to have fun. :)

She's a young 2, she won't know the difference. :)

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm showing my age but I hate Halloween. My least favorite holiday. lol I'm in NYC and all the crazies are out right now. Nice to be young and foolish.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Ok so instead of a treat....I did a trick tonight. Cemetery by myself all alone....nothing happened... hmmm. Maybe I need low lying fog and stuff like in the movies? No..the old Victorian grave keepers candle holder with accent included. “I say...somwon there?” Or a Igor type asst with a pick and shovel? Yeah...I bet that’s what I need. Next year...try this again.

quickccc

Reaction score
Amazing how our society gets more rigged up and anxious for Halloween, than any other celebrated date of the year - and that includes Xmas.
and since Halloween is not an official " holiday" where job places anoint days off, that's all the more puzzling how our culture is driven more towards
Halloween than any other celebrated dates.
I think its' clearly the chance and opportunity of creativity than what we can do on a Labor Day, Thanksgiving, July 4th or even a Xmas.

and it's not just the spooky costumes and work/home designs being displayed- its even such other as Star Wars or Superhero outfits. :flagwave:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ok so instead of a treat....I did a trick tonight. Cemetery by myself all alone....nothing happened... hmmm. Maybe I need low lying fog and stuff like in the movies? No..the old Victorian grave keepers candle holder with accent included. “I say...somwon there?” Or a Igor type asst with a pick and shovel? Yeah...I bet that’s what I need. Next year...try this again.
need to do it midnight-3am.....thats when ghosts are the most active.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Amazing how our society gets more rigged up and anxious for Halloween, than any other celebrated date of the year - and that includes Xmas.
and since Halloween is not an official " holiday" where job places anoint days off, that's all the more puzzling how our culture is driven more towards
I think its' clearly the chance and opportunity of creativity than what we can do on a Labor Day, Thanksgiving, July 4th or even a Xmas.

and it's not just the spooky costumes and work/home designs being displayed- its even such other as Star Wars or Superhero outfits. :flagwave:
all about the kids.....gives them one night to be a kid.
and lets us adults be kids in a way.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dressed up as Santa Claus.

It confused those answering the doors...especially when I would ask for milk and cookies.

However it made the other trick or treater's parents mad because they all wanted to talk to Santa Claus instead of minding their parents.

Of course I am just teasing and making a joke...maybe.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great punk band in the early 80s
il_fullxfull.495094056_kurh.jpg

Always liked the Misfits and Danzig but never was a big fan of Samhain.

On an unrelated note...

Happy Birthday!

nobody

Reaction score

I decorate for Christmas just as much as Halloween. However, kids don't come to my house for Christmas. They do for Halloween and LOVE the haunted house I do every year. People like a safe scare. :)

We don't really decorate for Labor Day, Thanksgiving or July 4th. Thanksgiving is more about family.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
need to do it midnight-3am.....thats when ghosts are the most active.
Actually...something happened alright. Bad things happened. My feet and hands cramped up as driving,hurt like hell all night too. Then wake up only to find out IRS put a levy on my acct and took every last cent with a signed letter from the union manager. They nice to me...give me coffee,let me cash two checks I had on me to have walk around money. I’ll work it out fine,it’s not a lot of cash I owe them,but still...so yeah...I don’t think l’ll be needing anymore additives to that stupid endeavor.

nobody

Reaction score
Actually...something happened alright. Bad things happened. My feet and hands cramped up as driving,hurt like hell all night too. Then wake up only to find out IRS put a levy on my acct and took every last cent with a signed letter from the union manager. They nice to me...give me coffee,let me cash two checks I had on me to have walk around money. I’ll work it out fine,it’s not a lot of cash I owe them,but still...so yeah...I don’t think l’ll be needing anymore additives to that stupid endeavor.

Dude, ghosts sicked the IRS on you? That's harsh. Time to invent a proton pack!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm showing my age but I hate Halloween. My least favorite holiday. lol I'm in NYC and all the crazies are out right now. Nice to be young and foolish.
NYC? Let me ask you what I yell out the window every time I drive in New York.....HOW THE %#@* CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THIS???