Halloween anyone?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Look up Samhain.
That was part of what I watching in doc. Romans pick up paganism and all sorts of a mish mash of idols and gods and spirit lore. Basiclly it was all to make money, “It’s Friday folks!! Come get your sacrifices 2 for one denarius at the best wholesale idol chain on the strip!!!”

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Hey Runwild....did my first midnight grave digging last week. A dead pigeon I found on sidewalk in front this tiny park. The couple walking by thought I was nuts...which I am. Had gloves on too and a spade....I need a cloak ...a hooded one like a Druid.
Update: just in costume store and found my cloak. “The warlock”

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
Look up Samhain.
Great punk band in the early 80s
il_fullxfull.495094056_kurh.jpg

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Great punk band in the early 80s
il_fullxfull.495094056_kurh.jpg

Dude I am such a fan.... More so when Glenn was with the Misfits and Danzig, but I own every album, cassette, and now CD..... I own the Misfits boxset, the Samhain boxset, and every CD of Danzig..... I even have the 3 VHS's of Danzig and their videos when they were published.... The only band I spent more money on is Type O Negative....

Hardline

Reaction score
Dude I am such a fan.... More so when Glenn was with the Misfits and Danzig, but I own every album, cassette, and now CD..... I own the Misfits boxset, the Samhain boxset, and every CD of Danzig..... I even have the 3 VHS's of Danzig and their videos when they were published.... The only band I spent more money on is Type O Negative....
Type O Negative is one of my all time favorite bands.
I love the Misfits but never listened to Samhain.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Type O Negative is one of my all time favorite bands.
I love the Misfits but never listened to Samhain.

To be honest, Samhain was more Danzig than Misfits, but they had that horror punk rock moments. The early Samhain was more horror punk but CD two and three were a lot slower in the Danzig realm.... It was the middle ground before the band Danzig. You really saw Glenn's influence between Elvis and Blues coming through with the last Samhain and first two Danzig CDs.... Wasn't until Danzig 4/6 that he tried to go industrial. While Danzig 4 was the best lyrically, the works of Danzig 1 through 3 were their best musically. Wasn't until he stopped the numbers that he found his groove again.... I think numbers 7-9 were far better than his industrial works being CD 5-6, all those CD's had favorites of fans but the ones we loved showed moments of Danzig 1-4......

Misfits will never be duplicated ever.... Even when Michael Graves took over, only the first CD American Psycho was their claim of fame without Glenn.... Rather it was Jerry Only or Michael Graves writing the lyrics, it just was not up to par after their first CD... Sadly we shall never know with Michael going to rehab and spent years since trying to claim his moment of fame as a soloist.... Yes there was 2 CDs by the Misfits under Michael but he was in and out of rehab ever since CD one....

If anyone could catch the very last Misfits concert in Philly during this December, I urge you to see a concert of rock and roll history. The only reason Glenn did 10 concerts with the original Misfits, was a court ordered agreement for him to get 50% royalty's of all music from original Misfits songs, 100% of the artwork in the Misfits skull in merchanting (since he drew it while being an artist that draws over 3 different comics monthly), But also now owns the Fiend Club as he did before he left the band... While he lost the copyright of the band's name to Jerry Only and has no say in their future endeavors after doing 10 concerts with the band, he will still be paid for their main hits and the skull icon of each and every performance and CD....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
A few years ago I made a scarecrow and sat him in a lawn chair by the door with a pumpkin bucket of candy in one hand while the other hand rested on the arm of the chair..... I used 2 different blood pressure cups that are disposable like the ones used in the hospital now and made extensions to the hoses. I put one around the neck and another around the arm not holding the candy. With my night vision camera pointed towards the door, I could see if kids were trying to take more than one treat or not.... If they were trying to be greedy, I would squeeze the blood pressure balls making the scarecrows head and arm to move suddenly. Seeing some kids run for their lives was so rewarding that year.... Sadly the parents in my neighborhood did not find it as funny or rewarding.... The HOA decided to remind me each year since that I am not allowed to try that again.... Go figure....

Funny you bring something like this up. When I was a youngster in my trick-or-treating days, I remember a house we all went up to that had a scarecrow sitting in a chair near the door. After all us kids got our candy and proceeded to walk back passed the scarecrow, it jumped up and scared the hell out of us. The guy in the costume was super awesome at being very still until the right time. It was well-played.

Halloween just doesn't feel the same anymore. When I was young there were kids everywhere, houses in decoration, and it just had an all around good aurora to it. Now it just doesn't feel as pure. I get it, the world has changed, but I'm glad I got to experience Halloween when I did.

nobody

Reaction score
Funny you bring something like this up. When I was a youngster in my trick-or-treating days, I remember a house we all went up to that had a scarecrow sitting in a chair near the door. After all us kids got our candy and proceeded to walk back passed the scarecrow, it jumped up and scared the hell out of us. The guy in the costume was super awesome at being very still until the right time. It was well-played.

Halloween just doesn't feel the same anymore. When I was young there were kids everywhere, houses in decoration, and it just had an all around good aurora to it. Now it just doesn't feel as pure. I get it, the world has changed, but I'm glad I got to experience Halloween when I did.

Slowly over the past 10 years, my neighborhood has rebuilt that old feeling. For 15 years, I've been doing a little haunted house on my porch with a "dummy" to scare trick or treaters.....and it picked up around here over the years. Now there are a TON of decorated houses in this neighborhood. Last year was the first year in all that time I didn't do the haunted house due to rain keeping me from putting it up.....and I still got tons of kids (many of whom were disappointed and asking why I didn't do the haunted house.)

Well, this year it's going to be back up and I expect to go through another 15 bags of candy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few years ago I made a scarecrow and sat him in a lawn chair by the door with a pumpkin bucket of candy in one hand while the other hand rested on the arm of the chair..... I used 2 different blood pressure cups that are disposable like the ones used in the hospital now and made extensions to the hoses. I put one around the neck and another around the arm not holding the candy. With my night vision camera pointed towards the door, I could see if kids were trying to take more than one treat or not.... If they were trying to be greedy, I would squeeze the blood pressure balls making the scarecrows head and arm to move suddenly. Seeing some kids run for their lives was so rewarding that year.... Sadly the parents in my neighborhood did not find it as funny or rewarding.... The HOA decided to remind me each year since that I am not allowed to try that again.... Go figure....
Back in the 80's, my neighbor across the street in Baton Rouge did the scarecrow thing but he had one made and an identical one for himself. He put the fake one out on his porch for a couple of weeks and then on Halloween got in his and took the same position. We sat across the street laughing our butts off as he'd wait until they got close to the bell. Some teenage girls came by and one screamed so well she should have been in a horror movie and then started yelling "I peed my pants! I peed my pants". We were on the floor. By 9 that night there had to be 50 kids lined up in front of his house as the word had passed but he'd already put the other scarecrow back and watching them approaching that and then running was almost as funny. Then the real payoff, he'd snuck up on them from the side and jumped at them growling and they went every direction. That would have made one hell of a YouTube video.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if they're into it as much as they used to be but Louisiana, particularly Nawlins, was crazy for Halloween. Some of those people looked more forward to that than any other holiday including Christmas.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Slowly over the past 10 years, my neighborhood has rebuilt that old feeling. For 15 years, I've been doing a little haunted house on my porch with a "dummy" to scare trick or treaters.....and it picked up around here over the years. Now there are a TON of decorated houses in this neighborhood. Last year was the first year in all that time I didn't do the haunted house due to rain keeping me from putting it up.....and I still got tons of kids (many of whom were disappointed and asking why I didn't do the haunted house.)

Well, this year it's going to be back up and I expect to go through another 15 bags of candy.
That’s the spirit!! My area still festive. Some very cool house displays. And see...you’re needed in your neighborhood. I bought some werewolf claws you glue on your nails and took it out Sat night for a test run. Cool looking,but you can’t use your hands after,and boy is that glue stuff a mess to use.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Gonna be too cold to take my daughter trick-or-treating. It's too bad, because she was really looking forward to it.

It's almost my anniversary, but not celebrating that this year.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm going to see Tiffany perform tonight. Yes, I know some guys are going to give me grief, but I like her and have for a long time, and I've never seen her perform before. Oh, man, did I ever get grief in high school for liking her. But, hey, I like what I like. I'm going to go see her. So there.

nobody

Reaction score
I'm going to see Tiffany perform tonight. Yes, I know some guys are going to give me grief, but I like her and have for a long time, and I've never seen her perform before. Oh, man, did I ever get grief in high school for liking her. But, hey, I like what I like. I'm going to go see her. So there.

Eh, I thought she was cute and I liked one song she did. I never went to see her in concert and wouldn't now. But more power to you! You like who you like. I'm not sure why you're posting this in a Halloween thread though.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Eh, I thought she was cute and I liked one song she did. I never went to see her in concert and wouldn't now. But more power to you! You like who you like. I'm not sure why you're posting this in a Halloween thread though.

Tonight's close to Halloween, and I probably won't do anything on actual Halloween.