Hankins deal with the Seahawks

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable deal, but again as fans we may be rating Hankins above what he actually is. Try to find Hankins anywhere on lists of top dt free agents this season and you'll likely be searching for a while. Not to say he doesn't carry value as rotational depth, but at this stage 30 teams may not see him as a starter.

1942willys

Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable deal, but again as fans we may be rating Hankins above what he actually is. Try to find Hankins anywhere on lists of top dt free agents this season and you'll likely be searching for a while. Not to say he doesn't carry value as rotational depth, but at this stage 30 teams may not see him as a starter.
He leaves a hole in our D line. Think about THAT. no matter how desperately you are looking for a way to defend the FO

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah we could’ve signed Hankins for $2 mil and he would certainly have helped. But what’s even sadder to me is our DL is so bad against the run we cry when a minimum salary veteran, who is decent at best leaves because we didn’t want to pay him.

We are so used to being bad against the run, a 32 year old Jonathan Hankins (who I liked ok) was considered our “must have” defensive run stopper.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you know what that cheapskate Stephen will do next,he will extend some guys like CD and trump his horn but in reality our team is substantially poor from last year,i wouldnt be surprised if fail to make the playoffs.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Goes to show how really dumb Jerry and his son really is. This is not a team built on winning. This is a team built on making money. I predict that the Cowboys will win less than 5 games. They will fire Mccarthy and let Dak walk. And we will have to start all over again with this stupid charade of pretending we really are "all in" for winning the superbowl.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He leaves a hole in our D line. Think about THAT. no matter how desperately you are looking for a way to defend the FO
Every player that leaves is technically a hole that needs to be filled, but how big is subjective. Neville Gallimore leaving is a hole too even if its a small one.

Right now its hard for any Cowboy fan to feel good about this offseason as we have major needs on the oline and RB, amongst a host of other positional needs. I certainly am not happy with how the offseason has gone and the fact we likely need atleast 3 rookies at this moment to be starters, and another 3 to be good rotational contributors is concerning. Sure there are returning players, but there are a number of unknowns.

It'll probably be a more interesting camp this year with so much up for grabs.