Hankins deal with the Seahawks

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable deal, but again as fans we may be rating Hankins above what he actually is. Try to find Hankins anywhere on lists of top dt free agents this season and you'll likely be searching for a while. Not to say he doesn't carry value as rotational depth, but at this stage 30 teams may not see him as a starter.

Agree but that says a lot when that was your best DT, it says that is a serious hold in your DL.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm guessing if MM and/or Zim wanted him back they would have found a way to keep him........especially at these numbers. We know this position Zim values in his defense, so I'll wait and see what he has in mind.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Settle down, Mazi will gain an extra 100lbs and plug up the middle. Jerry bought him an all-expense paid vacation to McDonalds for the summer.
Stephen found and in order to save money he saved it from McDonalds to the frozen food section at the local Dollar General store.

plymkr

Reaction score
We are down 2 DT's at this point.
From an already bad interior defense that couldn’t stop the run. I am not one of those guys that believes we are tanking this season to get rid of Dak but this move with Hankins tends to push me in that direction.

Carson

Reaction score
Stephen literally offers one year, $1.2 vet minimum and says take it or leave it.

This is why we sign nobody

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Seems like a reasonable deal, but again as fans we may be rating Hankins above what he actually is. Try to find Hankins anywhere on lists of top dt free agents this season and you'll likely be searching for a while. Not to say he doesn't carry value as rotational depth, but at this stage 30 teams may not see him as a starter.
He made OUR defense better. Don’t care what other teams think of him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The setup is in baby!!!
No money no honey and the Dallas Cowboys with the 3rd overall pick select QB.................................
Exactly. Dak embarrassed Jerry and now by not coming forward to talk to the FO about a team friendly deal he pissed him off so he isn't going to spend a dime to help him out. This is a wipe the slate clean year. 2025 the rebuild begins.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Wow. I thought he was wanting 5 million or so. We wouldn’t pony up 2 million for our best DT. This is not all in. This is let it all go.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I'm guessing if MM and/or Zim wanted him back they would have found a way to keep him........especially at these numbers. We know this position Zim values in his defense, so I'll wait and see what he has in mind.
Maybe they want more speed?

That AAgap defense uses 2 LBs over the C.

DTs can line up over outside shoulder of the G.

Perfect for Parsons.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I been telling you guys the all in stuff was the team purging the older guys, this bringing in a slew of draftees and udfa's. THAT is what we will see. The Hankins thing makes it obvious.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly. Dak embarrassed Jerry and now by not coming forward to talk to the FO about a team friendly deal he pissed him off so he isn't going to spend a dime to help him out. This is a wipe the slate clean year. 2025 the rebuild begins.
Yep lots of folks from coaching to players are going bye bye............And YA Dak is one of them! :clap:

Aven8

Reaction score
Zimm’s like, “I got off the couch for this?!?”…..