Hankins deal with the Seahawks

Sydla

Reaction score
Hankins was OK.

But that's not really the point. It's the fact that $2MM was deemed too expensive for a team that literally has no depth at DT right now and did nothing in FA at the position.

What the Cowboys are doing with this roster is so bizarre, it's almost impressive in how bizarre it is.

Jarntt

Reaction score
I'm fine with everything that has happened this offseason IF the plan is to clear out cap space and everyone who isn't going to have an impact in 2025 or later (Hankins, Tyron, Gilmore, etc) and then put the pieces in place starting next offseason. BUT, I just don't believe the Jones Boyz are capable of something like that and expect they will end up just re-signing everyone and doing it too late to actually have it benefit the team in any way but piss the cap space away a little at a time with no substantial changes. They seem to be happy with double digit wins and being good enough to print money and give just enough of a glimmer of hope each season to keep the dollars rolling in

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a reasonable deal, but again as fans we may be rating Hankins above what he actually is. Try to find Hankins anywhere on lists of top dt free agents this season and you'll likely be searching for a while. Not to say he doesn't carry value as rotational depth, but at this stage 30 teams may not see him as a starter.
Yup...they would have complained if we signed him and put insightful and sarcastic posts like "Championship " lol....

Aven8

Reaction score
I really cannot imagine the sell from Dallas.

One year deal. No free agent signings. Depleting a bunch of starters. Qb and HC on one year deals. Just don’t get it
Reading Jerry’s comments about Dak’s cap ramifications cost the team for 5 years. This is what he actually said.

“I think we're going to be as close, going in, as we've been with the last three teams with Dak,'' Jones said. "That is really the gist of what we're about this year. We've got Dak. We want to get it done. I think we have been in a situation where we can get it done with less."

This sounds like this is his last year. I just don’t get not surrounding him with talent for one final year?

rambo2

Reaction score
Goes to show how really dumb Jerry and his son really is. This is not a team built on winning. This is a team built on making money. I predict that the Cowboys will win less than 5 games. They will fire Mccarthy and let Dak walk. And we will have to start all over again with this stupid charade of pretending we really are "all in" for winning the superbowl.
Let's see who they get to replace him and how they play.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sad how cheap stephens is being. 2 million for a guy who shored up a huge deficiency is nothing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
From an already bad interior defense that couldn’t stop the run. I am not one of those guys that believes we are tanking this season to get rid of Dak but this move with Hankins tends to push me in that direction.
Last year McCarthy said number 1 priority was to fix the run game and we did nothing.

This year it was ti get bigger and so far we have done nothing.

Seeing a pattern?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Reading Jerry’s comments about Dak’s cap ramifications cost the team for 5 years. This is what he actually said.

“I think we're going to be as close, going in, as we've been with the last three teams with Dak,'' Jones said. "That is really the gist of what we're about this year. We've got Dak. We want to get it done. I think we have been in a situation where we can get it done with less."

This sounds like this is his last year. I just don’t get not surrounding him with talent for one final year?
How the Cowboys turned a $40 million per year quarterback signing into a cap nightmare is all on Jerry and the FO. Other teams pay their QBs much more, sane or not, and manage to function within the exact same salary cap. The huge deals Baltimore, Cleveland and Philadelphia gave their QBs, none of which have resulted in a Super Bowl victory, will be accounted for at some point. And it won’t be pleasant. In the interim, however, those teams are at least still trying to do what they can to win it all.

Jipper

Reaction score
Last year McCarthy said number 1 priority was to fix the run game and we did nothing.

Seeing a pattern?
Wrong, they have been spotted at Golden corral. Just you wait!!

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Hankins stayed hurt and wasn't a game changer for us. Best of luck to him but it's time to move on.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Seeing a pattern?
Dallas was ranked 16th vs run.

Game planning will defeat a scheme.

GB was ready for that game.