Hankins made a difference!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It was good to see that big man back out there for our defense against Washington. I noticed several times he was in on plays, and plays only went for minimal yards. Should we really be dependent upon one person that much to help stop the run? I really hope in the off season we focus on getting a few more big bodies, not the 305 bodies, but the 330+ bodies. Having Hanks for the playoff is going to be huge, please give your thoughts

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ll be honest …Commanders offensive line stinks. They also are a run up the gut with a slow running back team. These guys favor our defense IMO. Teams who can attack us on the outside are more scary. AJ Dillion and Aaron Jones should be good fit our defense but yeah I remember Aaron killing is for 4 touchdowns.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I’ll be honest …Commanders offensive line stinks. They also are a run up the gut with a slow running back team. These guys favor our defense IMO. Teams who can attack us on the outside are more scary. AJ Dillion and Aaron Jones should be good fit our defense but yeah I remember Aaron killing is for 4 touchdowns.
You just ruined my stomach!!!! Yeah it's kind of hard when you have guys coming at you that out weight you by 70lbs, we NEED to get thumpers

Sandyf

Reaction score
Appears the hope for 2024 rely on Mazi and possibility resigning Hankins at 32 year old. Don't really see them drafting one this year and heaven knows we won't sign any free agent that would make a real difference at the position. Guys like Javon Kinlaw, Christian Wilkins, Michael Pierce, Quinton Jefferson, Chris Jones, D.J. Reader, Justin Madubuike, and Mike Hoecht are all slated to be free agents and any of them would be a good addition if not resigned by their current clubs.

Could be an interesting year in free agency depending on the up coming extensions such as Lamb, Dak, and Parsons and how they are structured to create cap room. Biggest one will be the Dak extension.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Agreed, and they'll need him this week unless the Cowboys offense can score early and often this week. The Cowboys are simply too light at the second level, which hopefully Parsons gets a good percentage of snaps at this week.

The other piece with Hankins coming back is it allows DQ to push Mazi back out to the 3T which is where they have primarily used him on run downs this year, and it hasn't been the total disaster that many want to think Mazi has been....at least at times lol. I still worry like crazy when I see trap play starting with Mazi on the field.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Appears the hope for 2024 rely on Mazi and possibility resigning Hankins at 32 year old. Don't really see them drafting one this year and heaven knows we won't sign any free agent that would make a real difference at the position. Guys like Javon Kinlaw, Christian Wilkins, Michael Pierce, Quinton Jefferson, Chris Jones, D.J. Reader, Justin Madubuike, and Mike Hoecht are all slated to be free agents and any of them would be a good addition if not resigned by their current clubs.

Could be an interesting year in free agency depending on the up coming extensions such as Lamb, Dak, and Parsons and how they are structured to create cap room. Biggest one will be the Dak extension.
let's say quinn leaves, do we still have the focus to get big DT's

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Not a lot of free $$$ in 2024.

The Cap is a mess.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/cap/2024/

We gotta win now.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It was good to see that big man back out there for our defense against Washington. I noticed several times he was in on plays, and plays only went for minimal yards. Should we really be dependent upon one person that much to help stop the run? I really hope in the off season we focus on getting a few more big bodies, not the 305 bodies, but the 330+ bodies. Having Hanks for the playoff is going to be huge, please give your thoughts
He is a very Big Man

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree,it's now or never ...to much big money is going to have to be spent this year,and we are already over the cap,which means we're going to lose some good players,if we don't win it this year,who knows how long it will take.
They will re-sign dak and that will free some money up. There's ways to free money up including cutting some guys that aren't playing well.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yup. Biggest reason we lost to Buffalo. We may have lost anyways, but that game snowballed once we didnt have anyone to stop the run.

We rebounded against 2 great running teams Miami and Detroit but it is and always has been about the line of scrimmage. The Bills wanted to put the game in the hands of Damone Clark and Marquis Bell and they got what they wanted.

McDaniel and Campbell simply played Miami and Detroit football and didnt waver from their philosophy. Bills just didnt wanna take chances and they were worried about us.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wouldve loved to have flip-flopped our draft and taken TE (LaPorta) in the 1st and DT (Kobi Turner) in the 2nd
home run

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Crap, I had forgotten about the 4 Td game. :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Crap, I had forgotten about the 4 Td game. :facepalm:
Man....his 4 TD game and....I don't even remember how many Chris Watson had but man I can't forget those games. I wonder where those games rank as far as dominance because for some reason those two games and the Megatron catching a football over 4 guys seem to be stuck in my head. Still not even sure if Watson is going to play he's struggled this year with injuries and what not but if he's healthy.....gonna be a problem.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That was 4 years ago.

They killed Dallas on the outside in the run game last year. They have a run game that mimics SF.