Hankins made a difference!

kskboys

Reaction score
I’ll be honest …Commanders offensive line stinks. They also are a run up the gut with a slow running back team. These guys favor our defense IMO. Teams who can attack us on the outside are more scary. AJ Dillion and Aaron Jones should be good fit our defense but yeah I remember Aaron killing is for 4 touchdowns.
Not to mention that if they have a brain in their head, they were not trying to win. WASH needs a QB above all else, and losing gets them Maye or Caleb. Winning gets them another Howell.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No, we shouldn't. Need big guys w/ short area quickness and lateral agility. We're finally seeing what a player possessing those traits does to help a D. Do you think Jerry even has a clue as to why Hankins is effective and Mazi hasn't been up to this point?
Yeah sure because he suckered us up with his potential with powerful workout videos and stuff. This is a reason why we can't lose McClay

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His presence has been felt since the 1st day he suited up. They need to continue to take advantage of any DL opportunities in free agency and the draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not to mention that if they have a brain in their head, they were not trying to win. WASH needs a QB above all else, and losing gets them Maye or Caleb. Winning gets them another Howell.
I mean there's a few guys there Penix? LSU QB....I'm not a fan of tanking but I don't understand what the Commanders were doing. They were running trick plays and played guys like Daron Payne. It's like they tried to win but knew it wouldn't matter.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah sure because he suckered us up with his potential with powerful workout videos and stuff. This is a reason why we can't lose McClay
I was against the Mazi pick. Lacks lateral agility and burst is questionable. At the same time, I was praying he could overcome and would be good.

IMO, if Mazi is just a big guy who can't be moved, you can find those type of guys in every round of the draft.

So, if we drafted him because of his "training vids", as has been reported, then that is poor drafting indeed.

Here's hoping that he becomes really good!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean there's a few guys there Penix? LSU QB....I'm not a fan of tanking but I don't understand what the Commanders were doing. They were running trick plays and played guys like Daron Payne. It's like they tried to win but knew it wouldn't matter.
Didn't look to me as if they were trying to win. Very strange playcalling. The reason you don't understand what they were doing is because you weren't looking at it from the perspective of needing to lose. Tanking absolutely cannot involve the players. It's on the GM and maybe the coaches. Think about it, why did Allen sit out? Have a rash on his heiny? Tanking. If done right, it's just so effective. We were mediocre for years due to refusing to trade some players off who weren't going to be there by the time we were good anyway.

Tanking is quite simply a way of doing things that often works out. Spurs are in the process of doing just that, and it has already gotten them Wemby.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't look to me as if they were trying to win. Very strange playcalling. The reason you don't understand what they were doing is because you weren't looking at it from the perspective of needing to lose. Tanking absolutely cannot involve the players. It's on the GM and maybe the coaches. Think about it, why did Allen sit out? Have a rash on his heiny? Tanking. If done right, it's just so effective. We were mediocre for years due to refusing to trade some players off who weren't going to be there by the time we were good anyway.

Tanking is quite simply a way of doing things that often works out. Spurs are in the process of doing just that, and it has already gotten them Wemby.
So why did Daron play then? I heard Allen yesterday say he sat out for a knee issue.

Why play Mclaurin? They even forced it to him to meet his 1k yards goal lol.

I don't agree with tanking. Never have. If it has proven to work? Fair. But it hasn't. Spurs didn't tank they just suck. But the NBA is different. It's far easier to tank. Even though the Sixers started the "process" and it's still going on lol.

Chiefs have never tanked, Ravens have never tanked, Patriots NEVER tanked.....over the past 20 years none of these "tanking" teams have gone on to do anything. To me its far more important to have a winning culture then it is to "tank". It's just how the NFL works. And to see how funny things work....when has the first QB taken in the draft gone on to be the best quarterback in the draft? Stroud is going to be better than Bryce Young. You could argue Burrow is better than Hurts, Tua and Herbert...but they aren't nearly as hurt as Burrow has been.