Hankins made a difference!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was 4 years ago.

They killed Dallas on the outside in the run game last year. They have a run game that mimics SF.
I'm not really worried about the San Fran run game either. For the most part Christian McCaffery is held in check in the run game. We limited him to 2.7 yards a carry this year...in the playoffs last year we limited him to 3.5 a carry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldve loved to have flip-flopped our draft and taken TE (LaPorta) in the 1st and DT (Kobi Turner) in the 2nd
home run
I mean I can't speak on Turner but Laporta would've been wasted away just like Schoonmaker. The problem isn't that Schoonmaker can't play. The problem is Ferguson is simply better than him....I don't know I guess the argument can be made that La Porta is better than Ferguson I guess?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I'm not really worried about the San Fran run game either. For the most part Christian McCaffery is held in check in the run game. We limited him to 2.7 yards a carry this year...in the playoffs last year we limited him to 3.5 a carry.
I guess yea - but it's not a run game that fits our D.

It's what Buffalo did...

DFWJC

Reaction score
I mean I can't speak on Turner but Laporta would've been wasted away just like Schoonmaker. The problem isn't that Schoonmaker can't play. The problem is Ferguson is simply better than him....I don't know I guess the argument can be made that La Porta is better than Ferguson I guess?
I think LaPorta will be better than all TEs very soon. Kelce is getting older and the next two up are LaPorta and Hock.
But good point about Ferguson. Might be like taking sand to the beach if we added LaPorta

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think LaPorta will be better than all TEs very soon. Kelce is getting older and the next two up are LaPorta and Hock.
But good point about Ferguson. Might be like taking sand to the beach if we added LaPorta
Yeah I mean he could be for sure. I think Ferg is damn good too. La Port looks to have a higher ceiling but I've loved watching his progression. I think you'd have to say they are these are caliber right now even though one is a rookie and one is a second year pro.

I still don't know why they felt TE was a need especially since they had Hendershot as well. Especially in the 2nd round.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah I mean he could be for sure. I think Ferg is damn good too. La Port looks to have a higher ceiling but I've loved watching his progression. I think you'd have to say they are these are caliber right now even though one is a rookie and one is a second year pro.

I still don't know why they felt TE was a need especially since they had Hendershot as well. Especially in the 2nd round.
Kobi Turner is a beast , btw.
Rams nailed it there. Stole that guy in the 3rd.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think they still were not sure what they had in Ferguson and Henderson and even McKeon. They knew but not enough not to address it. So went with the draft board. Though another player had to be right there as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I wouldve loved to have flip-flopped our draft and taken TE (LaPorta) in the 1st and DT (Kobi Turner) in the 2nd
home run
Hindsight is always 20/20, but I agree my friend.
Not giving up on Scoon because Ferguson indicates that we know the profile of a playmaking TE now.
Just imagine if the light comes on for Hendershot and we have a trifecta at TE.
Having a quality TE in this league, having a few is a luxury.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That was 4 years ago.

They killed Dallas on the outside in the run game last year. They have a run game that mimics SF.
AJ Dillon at 6'0 247lbs has great size, young back at 25 still, has put up on 178 rushing attempts, 613yds 2TDs.
He has also had 22 receptions for 223 yds.

Aaron Jones at 5'9" 208 lbs., is a different back but the numbers are eerily similar... 120 rushing attempts, 545yds 2 TDs.
25 receptions for 203yds and 1 TD.

Modest numbers rushing, but both very versatile, Cowboys strength is the back seven, and need to make both a non-factor in the passing game.

We do that and we walk away with this one.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't care what is said, at a cook out, he can just eat what ever he wishes...

Hankins_Jonhnathan-HS23

Johnathan Hankins​

DT​

#95​

Experience: 11 years
Height: 6-2
Weight: 320 lbs
College: Ohio State

2023 SEASON​

• SOLO
  • SCK
  • FF
  • INT
    --

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quinn has a way of getting vets to play all out look at DLaw. Quinn spends the season trying guys in different schemes and the come playoff time he puts the puzzle together.
Not worried about this defense letting us down they'll hold teams to 20 or less. Won't be surprised to see Mazi blow up this week.

kskboys

Reaction score
It was good to see that big man back out there for our defense against Washington. I noticed several times he was in on plays, and plays only went for minimal yards. Should we really be dependent upon one person that much to help stop the run? I really hope in the off season we focus on getting a few more big bodies, not the 305 bodies, but the 330+ bodies. Having Hanks for the playoff is going to be huge, please give your thoughts
No, we shouldn't. Need big guys w/ short area quickness and lateral agility. We're finally seeing what a player possessing those traits does to help a D. Do you think Jerry even has a clue as to why Hankins is effective and Mazi hasn't been up to this point?