Hard Knocks Episode 3

ESisback

Reaction score
I've always found it weird how "Cowboy Fans" can hate him. I get it, he probably cares more about the bottom line and the empire he's created then I'd like him too but I really do think he wants to win a Superbowl. He is arguably one of the greatest owners in sports history. He has 3 titles to back the claim and the worlds most valuable sports franchise. He seems to be likeable and he isn't some racist prick owner who doesn't care at all about his players. I am a Mariners fan and I'd do anything for the owner of that team to care 1/10th as much about his team as Jerry does.
Plus, I’d much rather have Jerry as an owner than someone like Pittsburgh Pirate owner Nutting or WFT owner Dan Snyder, just to name a few.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've always found it weird how "Cowboy Fans" can hate him. I get it, he probably cares more about the bottom line and the empire he's created then I'd like him too but I really do think he wants to win a Superbowl. He is arguably one of the greatest owners in sports history. He has 3 titles to back the claim and the worlds most valuable sports franchise. He seems to be likeable and he isn't some racist prick owner who doesn't care at all about his players. I am a Mariners fan and I'd do anything for the owner of that team to care 1/10th as much about his team as Jerry does.
He is a buffoon is what he is, and I'm embarrassed to tell people I'm a Dallas fan because the first thing they do is think of that idiot.

He should stay behind the scenes where he belongs, but he is only in this for the attention.

That's been fully documented and/or admitted.

The three titles are great....as an owner....but what if you got your Mariners owner that "cares," an IT type gazillionaire as an example.....who played tee ball a thousand years ago, so insists he is qualified to run the entire organization?

Then you go through roughly a quarter century of futility, admit along the way that he should have fired himself, yet continues on....all because he cares so much.

He cares about himself....thats about it. Winning "his way." Meanwhile the rest of us suffer as a result.

I was here well before he was, and I dont like the man.....and what he has turned this team into.

What has he turned it into? Hint: it ain't football first.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Plus, I’d much rather have Jerry as an owner than someone like Pittsburgh Pirate owner Nutting or WFT owner Dan Snyder, just to name a few.
That's actually two, and one is another sport.

Staying within apples to apples, I'll agree that Jerry is ahead of Snyder.

Please list the rest.

Keep in mind the culture he has created around here while you do so......and hey, maybe the results as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ha. Good one.

The drone scene was cool. Potentially award winning. No need to visit the practice facility now lol.

I'm not sure what kind of people who call themselves Cowboys fans could sit there and cheer on Jerry like he is some rock star.

That is exactly why he gets away with what he does.

Quarter century of futility and you'd think we are just coming off a Patriots type run.
No need to visit the practice facility? Why not? People want to see it. As for your comment, "what kind of people... cheer on Jerry". You saw them, they looked like pretty normal Cowboys fans to me(except the guy with the siren dome on his head). Not everyone shares your harsh opinion about Jerry and that's okay. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "he gets away with it". He is the "el jefa", the boss, the CEO, and a multi-billionaire at that. He is bigger than a rock star and accordingly is afforded that lifestyle. Seeing him getting around in his own air taxi, surrounded by his personal security crew, adored by real Cowboys fans must seem hideous to your hateful heart but that's your problem. Jerry is the man!

stinkface

Reaction score
McCarthy loves Nooch, but no one else does. Over confident Nooch can't escape the reality that sometimes you can't take a chance on a throw. I still think he is the master of the chuck and duck.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is a buffoon is what he is, and I'm embarrassed to tell people I'm a Dallas fan because the first thing they do is think of that idiot.

He should stay behind the scenes where he belongs, but he is only in this for the attention.

The three titles are great....as an owner....but what if you got your Mariners owner that "cares," an IT type gazillionaire as an example.....who played tee ball a thousand years ago, so insists he is qualified to run the entire organization?

Then you go through roughly a quarter century of futility, admit along the way that he should have fired himself, yet continues on....all because he cares so much.

He cares about himself....thats about it. Winning "his way." Meanwhile the rest of us suffer as a result.

I was here well before he was, and I dont like the man.....and what he has turned this team into.

Tee ball? Jerry was a starting guard on a team that won the national championship in college. That’s a far cry from tee ball

ESisback

Reaction score

Your hatred is obvious. Kinda waters down a few fairly accurate points.

ESisback

Reaction score
That's actually two, and one is another sport.

Staying within apples to apples, I'll agree that Jerry is ahead of Snyder.

Please list the rest.

Keep in mind the culture he has created around here while you do so......and hey, maybe the results as well.

Sorry, I just don’t feel the need to waste my day trying to convince someone who won’t be convinced. I’m quite confident that lengthy research would reveal several “worse” owners, but I don’t need to justify my opinion. Plus, I’m lazy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry is the man!

Jerry is going to have to take out a restraining order if you don't stop standing in front of his house.

B88667661Z.1_20190416150128_000_GCGIEDNU.3-0_Gallery.jpg

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In 1964 when black players werent even allowed to play in the SEC. Its a far cry from what football is now.

Thats true. But it doesn’t take away that the guy started college football. That’s still a far cry from tee ball like that guy said

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Someone told me I was crazy thinking Jerry was gonna make hard knocks about himself ....... Then episode 3 hit.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tee ball? Jerry was a starting guard on a team that won the national championship in college. That’s a far cry from tee ball
Maybe consider reading the post that I replied to for an idea of what I meant.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No need to visit the practice facility? Why not? People want to see it. As for your comment, "what kind of people... cheer on Jerry". You saw them, they looked like pretty normal Cowboys fans to me(except the guy with the siren dome on his head). Not everyone shares your harsh opinion about Jerry and that's okay. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you say "he gets away with it". He is the "el jefa", the boss, the CEO, and a multi-billionaire at that. He is bigger than a rock star and accordingly is afforded that lifestyle. Seeing him getting around in his own air taxi, surrounded by his personal security crew, adored by real Cowboys fans must seem hideous to your hateful heart but that's your problem. Jerry is the man!
You really...honestly and truly....have no idea what I mean when I say "gets away with it?"

I dont care if you like the guy. That also tells me you don't like winning football.

That's up to you and fine, but if and when this team fails yet again....I'll be sure and remind you that "Jerry is the man."

Edit.....ya know....I may not halfway mind the guy and his antics if they maybe made it to an NFCGC once or twice in the last quarter century. He acts like he is king of the league yet is a big joke to most. Other teams aren't really complaining though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You really...honestly and truly....have no idea what I mean when I say "gets away with it?"

I dont care if you like the guy. That also tells me you don't like winning football.

That's up to you and fine, but if and when this team fails yet again....I'll be sure and remind you that "Jerry is the man."

Edit.....ya know....I may not halfway mind the guy and his antics if they maybe made it to an NFCGC once or twice in the last quarter century. He acts like he is king of the league yet is a big joke to most. Other teams aren't really complaining though.
You seem to be consumed by hatred for Jerry. I'm sorry you feel that way for any man. Jerry is the man, so no I do not know what you mean when you accuse him of getting away with something. He hasn't "got away" with anything. When he dies, Satan will collect his soul as they agreed to when his Cowboys won 3 SBs in four years.