Hard Knocks Episode 3

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Let’s see how this episode goes. Hopefully HBO does a better job editing this episode.
That episode was awesome! Drone footage of The Star makes me want to drive there from Phoenix for the next practice. What an amazing facility. I agree with the post from another thread, Jerry Jones is a visionary owner. He may suck at some things but he is devoted, put his money where his mouth is, trying to learn and get better, treats his players and fans the best, makes me proud. Now if we can just get one more SB before he passes on I would be so thrilled.

And how about Alarcon's sweet mom? Praying and screaming and just going crazy in the stands for her boy. It was beautiful to watch and makes me root for the guy even more. Love those personal touches. And Diggs' young boy, how adorable was he? Screaming in the stands, kept saying Mahomes instead of Dak... I laughed so hard at that.

Great episode... I was pumped now I am PUMPED for the season!! Go Cowboys!!

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He is a buffoon is what he is, and I'm embarrassed to tell people I'm a Dallas fan because the first thing they do is think of that idiot.

He should stay behind the scenes where he belongs, but he is only in this for the attention.

That's been fully documented and/or admitted.

The three titles are great....as an owner....but what if you got your Mariners owner that "cares," an IT type gazillionaire as an example.....who played tee ball a thousand years ago, so insists he is qualified to run the entire organization?

Then you go through roughly a quarter century of futility, admit along the way that he should have fired himself, yet continues on....all because he cares so much.

He cares about himself....thats about it. Winning "his way." Meanwhile the rest of us suffer as a result.

I was here well before he was, and I dont like the man.....and what he has turned this team into.

What has he turned it into? Hint: it ain't football first.

I don't know...my Mariners owner hires people to do everything for him and they haven't seen the playoffs in 20 years. So I guess Jerry playing Madden is better then some give him credit for.

Also - Embarrassed to say you're a Cowboys fan? That's funny. Only 1 other fan base in the world is superior in there teams history. What are these peoples teams that you are embarrassed to tell you're a Cowboy fan to? What have there teams done?

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
alarcon looked amazing
Pulling for this kid....honestly reminds me of Mark Tuinei...think the kid is playing out of position....he could be your future left tackle. Got a feeling his ticket is to the practice squad...but I would try and continue to develop him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Im not gonna lie this is one of the worst seasons of hard knocks in a while
HBO is doing everything they can to make our team look like a bunch of jackasses...and we are more than capable of providing a ton of content.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
My Episode 3 thoughts:
  • Trevon Diggs son made me smile.
  • Alarcon’s family is humble and fun, personally rooting for this guy
  • The kid in me wishes I was Jonathan Jackson
  • Sorry.. love Zeke on the field, but there’s a side of me that thinks he should be more mature at this point of his life
  • Man, I really like Kamara’s story and see potential, unfortunately I don’t think he’s big/strong enough to cut it at the NFL level
  • People can hate Jerry all they want.. one things for sure.. he doesn’t care that you do
  • I’m not hating on McCarthy.. but he just doesn’t instill the hype that I’d want in a HC
  • Amari Cooper is still a bad man. I realize it rubs some the wrong way, but I’m good with how he handles himself. All business when he steps on the field
  • Appreciate seeing DLaw coaching up down roster players.. albeit I’d rather see him playing.
  • Can’t say I’m a fan of Denucci, but be prepared.. he’ll be on the practice squad. McCarthy doesn’t look ready to give up on him
  • I’ve enjoyed Hard Knocks so far.. and I like learning more about players we don’t know much about.. but if I’m being honest, I was hoping for more in-depth content with players that are actually going to make the roster

That's what hardknocks does...pick guys that you wanna see make the cut...but in the end...97% end up getting a visit from the turk.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That episode was awesome! Drone footage of The Star makes me want to drive there from Phoenix for the next practice. What an amazing facility. I agree with the post from another thread, Jerry Jones is a visionary owner. He may suck at some things but he is devoted, put his money where his mouth is, trying to learn and get better, treats his players and fans the best, makes me proud. Now if we can just get one more SB before he passes on I would be so thrilled.

And how about Alarcon's sweet mom? Praying and screaming and just going crazy in the stands for her boy. It was beautiful to watch and makes me root for the guy even more. Love those personal touches. And Diggs' young boy, how adorable was he? Screaming in the stands, kept saying Mahomes instead of Dak... I laughed so hard at that.

Great episode... I was pumped now I am PUMPED for the season!! Go Cowboys!!

That drone footage at the start was just genius. It made HBO look good, but the winner of that was Jerry. Imagine getting a three minute advertisement of The Star beamed nationwide and not pay a cent for it. And then top it off with his mug at the end of it having his name chanted by fans and riding in a chopper. Talk about egotistical, hahaha,.. yep that's him. He may be a visionary, but he does suck at the one thing the fans are more concerned with.....and that's having a championship caliber team. i could care less if they trained at the YMCA, as long as they were top notch caliber.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
HBO is doing everything they can to make our team look like a bunch of jackasses...and we are more than capable of providing a ton of content.
Its not that its having all the time spent keeping an eye on alarcon, jaquan hardy, denucci, jerry. Can we spend time on players that will actually be on the team and no one cares about jerry

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Pulling for this kid....honestly reminds me of Mark Tuinei...think the kid is playing out of position....he could be your future left tackle. Got a feeling his ticket is to the practice squad...but I would try and continue to develop him.
What position did you see him playing?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
one good thing I saw was they were pulling for each other. They looked like a team. I like Alarcon and Hardy, both raw and probably just make the ps. Karma still looks under size but has some speed. Another year in the weight room should help but will that help enough to make the 53 man squad. Good story.

Reactions: BAT