Hard Knocks (sopcast stream here)

David276

Benched
Reaction score
roy williams is making to many jokes. that is why he has not been so good lately.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2191422 said:
Thanks bro.

Last week I was determined to give up on streaming since everyone chooses to use multiple sources and that sabotages the process.

THank you for streaming that! I truely appreciate that very much!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
David276;2191464 said:
roy williams is making to many jokes. that is why he has not been so good lately.
:rolleyes:

Yeah TO has been lacking in the performance department too.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Glad most of you could get it.

The seeds were at the bare minimum for a broadcast. I'm considering going public with the broadcasts so we can get more bandwidth from abroad.

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2191493 said:
Glad most of you could get it.

The seeds were at the bare minimum for a broadcast. I'm considering going public with the broadcasts so we can get more bandwidth from abroad.

Joe, I think you are misunderstanding how that program works. There is no "Bare minimum". The application lets people connect to you, then uses their bandwidth to let others connect. Contrary to popular belief, the stream quality does not get better the more people you have. At best, it stays the same. More often then not, it deteriorates.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I'm not naming names, but your a football *****.

:D :drunk: :muttley: :busty:

GO DALLAS COWBOYS!

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
can i still watch it on sopcast? or do i have to wait till HBO uploads the vid on their site?

THX

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;2191500 said:
Joe, I think you are misunderstanding how that program works. There is no "Bare minimum". The application lets people connect to you, then uses their bandwidth to let others connect. Contrary to popular belief, the stream quality does not get better the more people you have. At best, it stays the same. More often then not, it deteriorates.

Your right about the additional connections part. One connection feeds the other (seed for seed/P2P broadcasting).

But there is a "bare minimum". There needs to be at least a dozen plus connections for the stream to be decent. About 20 would be perfect. But beyond that, there is little difference. And too many can be a problem to a slight degree.

I got this bit of info from some reliable sources a few years ago, and from my experience it has proven to be true.

Today we were flip-flopping at only 11/12 connections. I've had as many as a thousand when I broadcasted publicly.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Dk;2191571 said:
can i still watch it on sopcast? or do i have to wait till HBO uploads the vid on their site?

THX

We broadcasted the initial airing. You'll have to wait for a rerun on HBO I guess. That or download it from my site in about 24hrs...... http://cowboysmedia.com

RicInAustin

Reaction score
even at those 11/12 connections, it streamed fine for me. it stoped twice to buffer, but other than that, no complaints. thanks again.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
RicInAustin;2191608 said:
even at those 11/12 connections, it streamed fine for me. it stoped twice to buffer, but other than that, no complaints. thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately too many people have technical problems. And there is little we can do for them since every situation has it's different reasons.

The good thing is that most can benefit. :)

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2191618 said:
Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately too many people have technical problems. And there is little we can do for them since every situation has it's different reasons.

The good thing is that most can benefit. :)
I loath the on-coming regular season.... Oh wait... Batman will save us!