Hard not to get excited about Armstrong

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
One problem.

I love you, Dorance, but you ain't getting Mr. Lilly's number. Pick another. LOL

Ya if people want to wear a Greats number they should be great to. I'm cool with zeke having 21 like deion because hes awesome

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I've written this before, but it bares repeating.

I know this guy because I'm an OU fan. The Sooners would be demolishing Kansas, and late in the 4th quarter, this guy is still playing his tail off and making plays.

Says all you need to know.

Especially with the size and power OU offensive lines present year after year.............................

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I try not to get my hopes up after limited exposure to a player. Everyone has been pimping out Armstrong after one solid preseason game but I was able to maintain tempering my expectations.

Then this was posted:

Check out that ankle flexibility. Holy cow. For those that dont know, most rookies shouldnt be able to do that, especially not 4th rounder who didnt drop from off field issues.

Here's a snapshot:

The bend is great, but check out who he is going against. Against Tyron, he might have never gotten a chance to bend.

He's doing great for a fourth-round pick and definitely looks like a good find for us, but yeah, I temper my expectations, too.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just a thought- if Armstrong and Taco Charlton both turn out to be the real deal.....can we trade D-Law to the Jets for a 1st round pick?

And with our other first round pick, maybe get Aaron Donald from the Rams? With Lawrence gone the Cowboys would be up to over $31 million of cap space.

Sorry, I'm just pulling stuff out of the air.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just a thought- if Armstrong and Taco Charlton both turn out to be the real deal.....can we trade D-Law to the Jets for a 1st round pick?

And with our other first round pick, maybe get Aaron Donald from the Rams? With Lawrence gone the Cowboys would be up to over $31 million of cap space.

Sorry, I'm just pulling stuff out of the air.

That's not where I think you're pulling "stuff" from... lol

DiResta

Reaction score
You mean with Armstrong and Crawford. Gregory is a big maybe, and he's just a pass rusher. Can't play the run well.
Gregory is taking 1st team reps, if Armstrong ends up being your starting RDE then Gregory could come in on 3rd down
that would be fine with me

erod

Reaction score
Gregory is taking 1st team reps, if Armstrong ends up being your starting RDE then Gregory could come in on 3rd down
that would be fine with me

Gregory just showed up 5 minutes ago. LOL

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And many in here derided the pick on draft day.

There were a few "Yeah, he's a quality pick."

Then there many "The Cowboys just blew another 4th round draft pick."
So many poo poo'ed that pick I though the chat room was going to explode.

I tried to tell everyone he was a good player. Seen him play a lot.

Bunch of crow eaters back peddling so fast just makes me laugh now.

DiResta

Reaction score
Gregory just showed up 5 minutes ago. LOL
they put him at 2nd team and then the next day Marinelli put him on 1st team
they (podcast) had a big discussion over it and the consensus was 'he looks really good, doesnt look like hes been out of football at all'

hes got 3 weeks, im sure he can manage being a situational rusher