Hard not to get excited about Armstrong

rags747

Reaction score
But, but so so many said he sucked as a 4th round pick. Needs a # in the 90's...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And the chances are you're probably right.

But if he could be the type of DE that gets a sack per 100 snaps and can control the edge on running plays... Yeah you may want more but it may be good enough. Sort of a Greg Ellis type of DE.

IF he was a Gregg Ellis type, that would be great. But Ellis was a very good player. And a leader. Taco has a long way to go for that.

cern

Reaction score
another good pick by the duo of mcclay/Stephen. pshaw to those who still they're nothing and jerry makes all the picks. :)

cern

Reaction score
Tapper has it right now right? Is Ealy still on the roster? lol..I haven't heard a peep about him. If that dude is right, he could be a beast.
they keep moving him around hoping to find a spot he plays well. few weeks to go but the hourglass is running out of sand for kony ealy if he doesn't step it up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't forget Maliek Collins! You don't like him either!
:laugh:

Im on the fence about him. Loved him after his rookie year, but he has been a bomb since. This is a big year for him in my book. And its already started out bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im on the fence about him. Loved him after his rookie year, but he has been a bomb since. This is a big year for him in my book. And its already started out bad.

You remember how sky high I was on him. I thought he could be our Warren Sapp. But injuries and playing out of position have derailed that.

I agree with you that this is a big year for him. Put those foot problems behind you and show this team that you are, in fact, their 3-tech defensive tackle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You remember how sky high I was on him. I thought he could be our Warren Sapp. But injuries and playing out of position have derailed that.

I agree with you that this is a big year for him. Put those foot problems behind you and show this team that you are, in fact, their 3-tech defensive tackle.

He really has set back the DT position. Thought we had a keeper there.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
The bend is great, but check out who he is going against. Against Tyron, he might have never gotten a chance to bend.

He's doing great for a fourth-round pick and definitely looks like a good find for us, but yeah, I temper my expectations, too.

Well not every Tackle is like Tyron. Tyron is a freak of nature and one of the best tackle in the game.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Back off my Jayhawks. The are expected to double their wins from last season. Two wins would be a nice improvement.

My apologies - no idea where I got the idea he played @ K-State. SMH

Kage

Reaction score
I think it's great that Armstrong is flashing and he showed up in the Niner game pretty decently too but is there tape of him doing damage to Tyron, Zack, or Frederick? Just curious. Hope they rotate him in with the 1's next game to see if he can make any headway. I think a lot of people are already penning him in like he's a given when we don't know if he'll even get a lot of snaps to start the season unless someone gets nicked up. That's how it's done around here if you aren't a blue chip draft pick.
To be fair;
A) He is still a rookie no matter how good he looks at times
B) Theres not much tape of anyone doing "damage" to those guys.