Hard not to get excited about Armstrong

JBond

Reaction score
The little bit I've seen, read and heard, it seems he's already been well coached as an individual pass rusher. Plays more like a 5 year veteran than a rookie from the football powerhouse that is the Kansas Jayhawks.
Back off my Jayhawks. The are expected to double their wins from last season. Two wins would be a nice improvement.

Dre11

Reaction score
they put him at 2nd team and then the next day Marinelli put him on 1st team
they (podcast) had a big discussion over it and the consensus was 'he looks really good, doesnt look like hes been out of football at all'

hes got 3 weeks, im sure he can manage being a situational rusher

I told everyone it won't take long. It's like riding a bike, except he fresh now, having almost two years for his body to recuperate.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I try not to get my hopes up after limited exposure to a player. Everyone has been pimping out Armstrong after one solid preseason game but I was able to maintain tempering my expectations.

Then this was posted:

Check out that ankle flexibility. Holy cow. For those that dont know, most rookies shouldnt be able to do that, especially not 4th rounder who didnt drop from off field issues.

Here's a snapshot:

Yes, he has the bend and power, this guy is going to be a good DE as he continues to develop, he has all the tools and ability!

Billyd

Reaction score
Guys I saw both Armstrong and either Dlaw or another meet at the qb last preseason game, I think Armstrong forced the sack to the other Dend. HE does that on the regular, Rotational with Crawford or Rotational with Say Gregory..Be a gd Chinese Fire drill on Sundays. YES id take Dlaw and Armstrong subbing Crawford on third or situational passing downs. GREGORY ASAP as well..Waves of Assasins!!

Billyd

Reaction score
One other thought there, Two years ago before tappers Injury oddesey i was hoping to see him and Gregory in a rotation sub package..Tapper had that speed 4.59...

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Assuming another good year from DLaw, he'll get franchised. Crawford likely is playing his last year in Dallas.

If I had to bet I'd say he's back next year. However, if injuries hit him hard again then it might be a tough decision for the Cowboys.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Being a rookie has nothing to do with it. You either have that natural bend and balance or you don't. Being younger only helps you. Hard to bend in your 30's.

It has a ton to do it.
You learn tricks and techniques to maximize your bend.

Thought everyone knew that but I guess not.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I've written this before, but it bares repeating.

I know this guy because I'm an OU fan. The Sooners would be demolishing Kansas, and late in the 4th quarter, this guy is still playing his tail off and making plays.

Says all you need to know.
Great insight. Thanks for sharing. I've been excited about him since reading this article.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't think the Taco reports from training camp & the first pre-season game were that poor quick frankly.

I know I've seen positive things posted.

I am particularly hard on Taco. But I have seen anything that would indicate to me that he progressing quickly or that he has some kind of raw talent. I see him as a project that will probably never be a pro bowl type. Never be a war daddy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ya if people want to wear a Greats number they should be great to. I'm cool with zeke having 21 like deion because hes awesome
ok I liked Dion a lot but lets get real here, he was a hired hitman that played for ALL of our most hated rivals on his quick stop through here.. he was never areal Cowboy, wasn't here long enough imo not enough to protect his number...I loved beating his *** when he went to Washington..the shine of Neon Dion wore off quick after that..

reality is football only has so many numbers they cant protect or retire very many..so they all will be used on just about anybody..

Ken

Reaction score
All i know is he JUMPED off the screen for me during the 1st preseason game...I was immediately like, "Who is that?" Just plays differently than everyone else....has an explosion, size and speed that just screams special.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I said that after the draft. Someone on here was saying what an awful pick he was. 2 years ago before they moved to a 3-4 he was showing that kind of bend and speed. I think with him and Gregory, we have true counter parts to Tank. Gonna be fun to watch.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Agreed. Some guys just have the physical ability to play DE at a high level. He might just be one of those guys.

I know his stat sheet at the end of the year might not blow you away just because rookie DE's typically don't but man if he contributes with say 4-5 sacks & lots of pressure & disruption he has hit it out of the park.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All i know is he JUMPED off the screen for me during the 1st preseason game...I was immediately like, "Who is that?" Just plays differently than everyone else....has an explosion, size and speed that just screams special.

Antwuan Woods had a few who is that moments.