Twitter: Hard to see this image/tweet of Jason and not have a pulse

EST_1986

Reaction score
I don’t understand how folks can have so much contempt for JG.

We’re not talking about an evil world leader or corrupt politician who’s really affecting civilization.

The guy was just trying to coach a football team for crying out loud. Ultimately, he failed.

Do folks lack emotional discipline to the point of directing irrational hatred towards the guy because he failed?
That can’t be healthy, lol.
I have pure hatred for the dip****. He wasted so much talent with his inability to coach.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I’m sorry I don’t think that answers my question - whose career did Jason Garrett ruin?

Seems as though you’re saying Wade Phillips. But I’m not seeing that. How did Garrett ruin Wade’s career? Wade is still in the league and has had pretty tangible success (and I’m sure has made millions) since leaving Dallas. This does not look like a man whose career was ruined.
I didn’t give names because I’m not going to get in a back and fourth on the justifications on the individual circumstances of each firing. My point is that this staff was turned over on offense in particular after the evidence started mounting that Garrett was a problem. It may not mean much to you but they were fired from an NFL job to protect the support of the most entitled coach in the NFL. If you want to split hairs on what the outcome of their lives became have at it. I’m not interested.

I see people claiming Garrett seems like a good man. I don’t see the evidence to back that up. He stood there and let everyone around him get fired hoping he could save his own back side. Never once did he take any responsibility for the state of the franchise, even while the Jones family were firing staff members to salvage public support for their chosen boy.

coogrfan

Reaction score
He would sacrifice everyone and Everything to not be blamed and Held accountable. He can screw right off. Tonight will be the Best Day in the last 10 years being a Cowboys Fan

That's Jerry you're describing.

coogrfan

Reaction score
I'm not sad at all to see him leave. Can us fans get hugs too for making us suffer in pain for many 8 and 8 seasons?

I'll be one to say I'm very elated and happy to see him go. Worst Dallas Cowboys coach ever!

Worse than Chan Gailey or Dave Campo? Really?

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
That's Jerry you're describing.
Jerry is undoubtedly the root of the problem but that is another thread. The only part that can be effectively replaced is the HC and Garrett has sat back while everyone around him was replaced. Garrett could have explored other opportunities at any time but he was happy on his platform letting everyone else take the fall.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I would not have lasted as long at my job having his record of success.....and I made a humble fraction of what he made. I hold him no ill will, it's just time for a change.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Good man.....wish him nothing but the best

I wish him luck. Maybe he ends up in the right situation to have the success that eluded him here. Maybe he returns to just being a position coach. The time is past due for him to move on from here, though.

Ren

Reaction score
If I was bad at my job and showed no improvement over time I wouldn’t get anywhere close to 10 years out of it. Now add the fact that he’s made more money here than most of us will see in a life time and it becomes really hard to feel bad for him.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Worse than Chan Gailey or Dave Campo? Really?
Jerry himself said he regretted not giving Gailey more of a chance. Campo inherited a team in cap hell until he was fired for a coach that could get Jerry a new stadium.

I’m not saying either are better than Garrett but combined, they weren’t given half the free passes Garrett was given.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Can you show me another head coach that has had as many offensive and defensive coordinators as Garrett without reaching a championship game?

OCs
4) Kellen Moore
3) Scott Linehan
2) Bill Callahan
1a) Hudson Houck (running game coordinator)
1b) John Garrett (passing game coordinator)

DCs
3) Rod Marinelli
2) Monte Kiffin
1) Rob Ryan

plasticman

Reaction score
I understand when Jason Garrett is fired, it's a tough business, at the end of every season there is ultimately one winner and 31 losers. Every season the bottom 20% lose their Head Coach.

However, let's remember, Jason was one of our guys, a Dallas Cowboy wearing Super Bowl rings, a guy who steppped in for an injured Troy Aikman without liability, a guy who helped his teammates become better through practice and insights during a game.

Jason Garrett gave his all and I absolutely refute any claims that he ever lacked accountibility, effort, commitment, passion or fairness.

Ken

Reaction score
Here is the problem.

This is the business he is in.

He's made millions and millions of dollars and he has had a lifetime in coaching years for the Dallas Cowboys.

This is a results business and he didn't bring results.

I think it's ok to feel bad for him but don't feel too bad for him. He's fine.
I dont feel bad at all. He had a silver spoon in his mouth for 10 years and never got any better.

He will get another chance..it has just worn thin here. This was not a lifetime appointment.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Don't give me one moment of pause. Most Dallas fans have been reliving this scene at the end of every season under Garrett. Now he has more time to spend with her. Good for them!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
You have a job to do. If you have so many years to get it done with the tools and don’t come close then it’s over. Maybe he is like wade and goes somewhere else and gets a SB ring. If so then it would be a screaming voice to JJ that he is the problem..

Lutonio

Reaction score
The man has made millions of dollars. I don't want him to get hit by a bus, but he is going to be FINE.