Twitter: Hard to see this image/tweet of Jason and not have a pulse

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Here is the problem.

This is the business he is in.

He's made millions and millions of dollars and he has had a lifetime in coaching years for the Dallas Cowboys.

This is a results business and he didn't bring results.

I think it's ok to feel bad for him but don't feel too bad for him. He's fine.
You are correct Jerry made Garrett a millionaire. Not a bad gig.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Losing his job? This isn't a single mother with 3 kids to support. Garrett doesn't have to work another day in his life if he chooses not to. I don't wish anything bad on the guy, but let's keep this in perspective. Is he going to wash his and his wife's matching Lexus cars by hand now? I do wish him the best, until he coaches against us...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How many people can actually say they have their own emoji?....Garrett's place in Cowboy history is firmly secure. :clap:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Worse than Chan Gailey or Dave Campo? Really?
Gailey had an aging roster and Campo had barely any at all. Gailey lasted 2 years and made the playoffs both times and Campo lasted 3 years. Campo probably would be as successful as Garrett if he had the players Garrett has had.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Case in point. I missed Garrett telling Maher to miss 35 yard FGs. Why didn't he just say the same thing to Maher that he did when he was making them from 60+? Bad coaching!

If you think Sean Lee is lost in coverage you aren't paying attention. If you think Garrett is responsible for the tripping penalties you aren't paying attention.

Garrett is responsible for 8-8 and was gone after the Bears game, for sure. But if we don't have the blocked punt against the Pats and we are in the playoffs. Or if the Zeke non-fumble is called correctly against the Saints we are in the playoffs. Or if there wasn't a once-in-20-years string of injuries during the Jets game we are in the playoffs.

There's always an excuse, always an out.

good teams dont get dismantled by the jets, not score TDs against NE and Phil (in week 16 when the opp has 10 players out) and make Mitch Trubisky look like Lamar Jackson. Teams knew they didnt have to press against dallas if you ever got a lead.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I brought the dallas cowboys the exact same number of conference championships that Garrett brought in the last 10 years .

did it without even coaching .

Kaiser

Reaction score
There's always an excuse, always an out.

good teams dont get dismantled by the jets, not score TDs against NE and Phil (in week 16 when the opp has 10 players out) and make Mitch Trubisky look like Lamar Jackson. Teams knew they didnt have to press against dallas if you ever got a lead.

And there is always whining.

Lets look at these. "get dismantled by the jets" means a 2 point loss on the road because of one broken coverage in a game with with a once in 10 years rash of injuries to all of their OTs, WRs and CB during the same game. If two points is "dismantled", what did we do to the Rams? Nuclear warfare?

In New England they faced the top defense in the NFL in the rain and didn't score a TD. The Pats have the GOAT QB and GOAT HC, what is their excuse?

Philly was the one game in 64 starts were Dak overthrew everything because of injury. The Bears game was a debacle and sealed Garrett's fate.

The 2016 team was a ten win team that had every break go their way to finish 13-3. The 2019 team was a ten win team that had every break go against them to finish 8-8. That isn't excuse-making, its the law of averages.