Twitter: Hard to see this image/tweet of Jason and not have a pulse

coogrfan

Reaction score
Jerry is undoubtedly the root of the problem but that is another thread. The only part that can be effectively replaced is the HC and Garrett has sat back while everyone around him was replaced. Garrett could have explored other opportunities at any time but he was happy on his platform letting everyone else take the fall.
Wait...you're mad at Garrett because he didn't quit?

coogrfan

Reaction score
neither guy was given a decade but all 3 accomplished the same thing, nothing

All of them had to try and coach a team with Jerry breathing down their necks. Like him or not, Garrett was the most successful of the three.

black label

Reaction score
tenor.gif

Beaker42

Reaction score
Case in point. I missed Garrett telling Maher to miss 35 yard FGs. Why didn't he just say the same thing to Maher that he did when he was making them from 60+? Bad coaching!

If you think Sean Lee is lost in coverage you aren't paying attention. If you think Garrett is responsible for the tripping penalties you aren't paying attention.

Garrett is responsible for 8-8 and was gone after the Bears game, for sure. But if we don't have the blocked punt against the Pats and we are in the playoffs. Or if the Zeke non-fumble is called correctly against the Saints we are in the playoffs. Or if there wasn't a once-in-20-years string of injuries during the Jets game we are in the playoffs.
Not arguing at all. It was hundreds of things that happen to a team unable to overcome its own dysfunctional coaching and things started rolling downhill.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Garrett lived our dream as a player and coach for America’s Team. He has been a parts of the Cowboy family for such a long time. It is bittersweet to see him go.

Plankton

Reaction score
While I'm not a member of the torch and pitchfork crowd in terms of deep loathing of Jason Garrett, he has had 10 years, and it's time. He has made enough money (that he will never need to work another day in his life), and has gotten more than a fair shake in terms of duration as a head coach. I don't feel sorry for him in the least.

The people I do feel for are the assistant coaches, many of whom didn't have that kind of tenure nor did they make anywhere near the kind of money that Garrett did. The disruption to their families isn't easy.

I also feel for Sean Lee and Jason Witten - they deserved better for their careers.