Hard to Watch Urban Meyer on Fox Sports

J817

Reaction score
This is truer than you think. Meyer, very much like Jimmy, doesn't last too long in one place. Even if we get him here don't get used to it.. He would walk away in 4-5 years citing "health concerns." That has been his M.O. pretty much everywhere he's been.

He was at Florida at six and Ohio State for seven, and remember scandal was reason he left OSU. If the #Metoo movement never happened he may still be on the sidelines in Ohio.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He was at Florida at six and Ohio State for seven, and remember scandal was reason he left OSU. If the #Metoo movement never happened he may still be on the sidelines in Ohio.

Scandal was what ran him out of Gainesville as well. If he couldn't handle the heat in Columbus or Gainesville what makes you believe he would stand up under the meat grinder of being coach of the Cowboys? I think Meyer is a great coach.. but I don't want a carousel at the helm of my team and I just feel like Meyer is a short term kinda guy.

J817

Reaction score
Scandal was what ran him out of Gainesville as well. If he couldn't handle the heat in Columbus or Gainesville what makes you believe he would stand up under the meat grinder of being coach of the Cowboys? I think Meyer is a great coach.. but I don't want a carousel at the helm of my team and I just feel like Meyer is a short term kinda guy.

The scandals that hurt him in college wouldn’t necessarily hurt him in pro football imo. Urban was accused of brushing domestic violence under the rug at OSU. He wouldn’t have that power in the NFL. If three or four players commit horrific crimes they are banned by the league.

75boyz

Reaction score
4-5 years of Urban would have been better than anything we've had in a long time.

And like a JImmy...Norv Turner, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis...or a Parcells...Belichick, Sean Payton, Tom Coughlin... Urban grooms coaches. He could easily have set us up with the next guy.

Urba's coaching tree so far by the way...Dan Mullen, Kyle Whittingham, Tom Herman, Ryan Day.

We would have been better for it.

Agree with all of it, outstanding post.