Hardy, Brent, and drafting Gregory all but prove Jason Garrett is little more then a puppet

Reaction score
Like it or not, Jerry will be playing a key role in the management of this team and its success depends largely on how well the head coach can work with him. At this point I'd say the Garrett/Jerry partnership has a good chance of succeeding. As somebody stated earlier, RKG doesnt mean they have to be choir boys, just that they are good locker room guys who are dedicated to playing hard and winning. Ro Mac is the only one that I wonder about in that respect, he seems to get by on talent alone, but his teammates seem to love him and respect him.

I like the fact that we've got a few "dogs" on defense now,,,

Last edited:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So now Im not smart? I see you cant have a conversation without insulting someone that disagrees with you.

Ill tell you again since your comprehension is a little slow. "I love the Hardy signing". Hardy was my #1 off season FA priority.

The hypocritical part is listening to you try to act like a guy like Hardy is what Garrett meant by RKG.

there's disagreeing and there's being a troll. you are #2.

in more ways than just that last sentence.

and just as you can't show me a thing about "automatic" weapons, you can't show me where i said a damn thing about RKG crap, can you? so no, i never said it, he never had them, and you're just trolling.

Reaction score
If you say one thing, but do another, you are a hypocrite & have zero integrity. If you say, "We want to bring in the RKG, "right kind of guy", then bring in guys who beat their girlfriends, or a pothead who can't stop toking the bong, even when a test is days away, either you have a really warped comprehension of "Right", or you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. The stupid stay stupid, as they say, & Gregory is as stupid as they come. He got suspended multiple times in college, then got high just days before he knew he would be tested at the Combine, & you draft him to play on your team?! You get what you deserve, Jerry, & you deserve to lose and lose big. I can't wait until Harding & Gregory both get a year's suspension at the same time & place for getting stoned & beating their bizatches. I'm ashamed to call myself a Cowboys fan today, & it's your fault Jones.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I find it curious that the OP would so dislike the coach that led his favorite team to a 12-4 record.

I also find it curious that before starting posting again here on April 27th 2015... the OP's last post here was August 14th, 2013.

Even more curious is that on August 14th, 2013 he was writing about how little power Garrett had, what a terrible coach he was, and how Jones had neutered him by stripping play calling duties away from him.

It does make me wonder where the guy was when Garrett was leading the team to a 12-4 record, where he was while Garrett was becoming a coach of the year candidate, and why he didn't have anything to say about Garrett earning a 5 year extension the hard way.

Then, I thought about it again and realized he's just a troll and moved on to something else.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I find it curious that the OP would so dislike the coach that led his favorite team to a 12-4 record.

I also find it curious that before starting posting again here on April 27th 2015... the OP's last post here was August 14th, 2013.

Even more curious is that on August 14th, 2013 he was writing about how little power Garrett had, what a terrible coach he was, and how Jones had neutered him by stripping play calling duties away from him.

It does make me wonder where the guy was when Garrett was leading the team to a 12-4 record, where he was while Garrett was becoming a coach of the year candidate, and why he didn't have anything to say about Garrett earning a 5 year extension the hard way.

Then, I thought about it again and realized he's just a troll and moved on to something else.

Disected like a college lab rat. Well done! :)

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that Im not the only one that thinks Belichick is one of the best if not the best coach in the NFL. I have yet to see Garrett at the top of that list. In fact, for his first couple years, he was highly regarded as one of the worst. Those lists bear that out quite clearly. There is no denying that the Cowboys have suffered over the last 8 years as he has agonizingly had to learn to be a viable coach in the NFL. Jones finally found his place by allowing him to walk around and preach like a politician while real football men handled the players on the field and on game day.

So just disreguard Belichiks failures because it came when he first started out as a HC. Isnt Garrett starting out in Dallas? And now he has good coordinators do the right things. All coaches have gone thru this, what makes Garrett any different than any coach before him?

Im not a Garrett fan at all, didnt even want him as HC, but player after player themselves have supported him and say over and over again that he runs the show. He isnt the lone voice in the personel dept and who gets drafted who cares. Aslong as the players respect him and follow him thats good enough.

jrumann59

Reaction score
If you say one thing, but do another, you are a hypocrite & have zero integrity. If you say, "We want to bring in the RKG, "right kind of guy", then bring in guys who beat their girlfriends, or a pothead who can't stop toking the bong, even when a test is days away, either you have a really warped comprehension of "Right", or you're talking out of both sides of your mouth. The stupid stay stupid, as they say, & Gregory is as stupid as they come. He got suspended multiple times in college, then got high just days before he knew he would be tested at the Combine, & you draft him to play on your team?! You get what you deserve, Jerry, & you deserve to lose and lose big. I can't wait until Harding & Gregory both get a year's suspension at the same time & place for getting stoned & beating their bizatches. I'm ashamed to call myself a Cowboys fan today, & it's your fault Jones.

You like the OP are lost on the meaning of RKG.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its_time_to_stop_posting.jpg

Do you own a cat? If not, you should get one...

:lmao2:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So just disreguard Belichiks failures because it came when he first started out as a HC. Isnt Garrett starting out in Dallas? And now he has good coordinators do the right things. All coaches have gone thru this, what makes Garrett any different than any coach before him?

Im not a Garrett fan at all, didnt even want him as HC, but player after player themselves have supported him and say over and over again that he runs the show. He isnt the lone voice in the personel dept and who gets drafted who cares. Aslong as the players respect him and follow him thats good enough.

Your taking an incredible head coach and projecting Garrett in the same light simply because Bellichick screwed up too. Sorry, thats flawed logic that I dont follow.

I have watched Garrett for 8 years with Wade and on his own and his mistakes have been inexcusable for someone who is supposed to be a football man.

As far as players supporting Garrett, I believe he is a great politician. Not a football man in the true sense of the word. There have also been guys like Crayton who have talked about Garrett once he left. You have also seen the pissed look on Murrays face many a time the first 3 years he was here. In my opinion the best thing Garrett is good at is kissing but with Jerry and getting the players to like him. Definitely a good skill to have. Now that he is away from the on the field and gameday management, and they keep him in the background in picking players, he has a chance to succeed and so do the Cowboys. That is my opinion and not smoke and mirrors will change that. Heck, even Jerry admitted to the media that the Cowboys have suffered through Garrett learning on the job.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

What makes Garrett different in one respect is that he never earned the head coach job here. He didnt even earn the OC job under Wade. He was basically a QB coach for a few years with no experience in college and little in the NFL head coaching or as OC. Jerry had no business giving him the jobs he did. And we paid for it no doubt. In fact, I would go as far as to say that we wasted 80% of Romo's career grooming Garrett.

Nothing special about Garrett as a head coach. Nothing at all. And certainly there were great, veteran coaches with pedigree available over the last 8 years.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Your taking an incredible head coach and projecting Garrett in the same light simply because Bellichick screwed up too. Sorry, thats flawed logic that I dont follow.

I have watched Garrett for 8 years with Wade and on his own and his mistakes have been inexcusable for someone who is supposed to be a football man.

As far as players supporting Garrett, I believe he is a great politician. Not a football man in the true sense of the word. There have also been guys like Crayton who have talked about Garrett once he left. You have also seen the pissed look on Murrays face many a time the first 3 years he was here. In my opinion the best thing Garrett is good at is kissing but with Jerry and getting the players to like him. Definitely a good skill to have. Now that he is away from the on the field and gameday management, and they keep him in the background in picking players, he has a chance to succeed and so do the Cowboys. That is my opinion and not smoke and mirrors will change that. Heck, even Jerry admitted to the media that the Cowboys have suffered through Garrett learning on the job.

No im taking his situation in cleveland and his horrific failure and comparing it to Garretts. Because both went thru a period when they were first HCs that didnt have very good coaches on their staffs. Thats all i did, But i guess you dont see it that way. I guess somehow inside your head you think im comparing Garrett to Belichick on the quality of HC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
What makes Garrett different in one respect is that he never earned the head coach job here. He didnt even earn the OC job under Wade. He was basically a QB coach for a few years with no experience in college and little in the NFL head coaching or as OC. Jerry had no business giving him the jobs he did. And we paid for it no doubt. In fact, I would go as far as to say that we wasted 80% of Romo's career grooming Garrett.

Nothing special about Garrett as a head coach. Nothing at all. And certainly there were great, veteran coaches with pedigree available over the last 8 years.

Nothing special about your posts either, except maybe that fly drawing quality that they have

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No im taking his situation in cleveland and his horrific failure and comparing it to Garretts. Because both went thru a period when they were first HCs that didnt have very good coaches on their staffs. Thats all i did, But i guess you dont see it that way. I guess somehow inside your head you think im comparing Garrett to Belichick on the quality of HC.

Garrett has had a lot of talent here in Dallas over the years he has been here and did little with it as head coach AND OC. Bellichick had little. Absolute most horrible example you could give. Garrett was running the offense all by himself so who is to blame for that? He cant blame a bad OC now can he? LOL Talk about destroying your own argument.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kudos for going down with a bad thread, at least. Do you think you've convinced anybody yet? I don't think you have, but it's hard to tell.

Bad in what way? Because the Garrett lovers on here didnt like it? It seemed to get plenty of activity. Maybe you would prefer another AP thread? Or do you only like the rose colored threads where everyone does nothing but compliment everything?

Plenty to like about the Cowboys and be positive about. But no one will ever convince me to be a Garrett fan. Ive watched him for 8 years now and there is simply too much of a history.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad in what way? Because the Garrett lovers on here didnt like it? It seemed to get plenty of activity. Maybe you would prefer another AP thread? Or do you only like the rose colored threads where everyone does nothing but compliment everything?

Plenty to like about the Cowboys and be positive about. But no one will ever convince me to be a Garrett fan. Ive watched him for 8 years now and there is simply too much of a history.

Bad only in that it's an unsubstantiated rant. Not bad in terms of getting a discussion going, though. Everybody likes a dogpile.

For my part, I can't get my head around any Cowboy fan not being pleased with the changes in the team since Garrett took over, but then I've been saying that all along because it's been pretty obvious for some time.

Last edited:

tm1119

Reaction score
Are we really lumping a 21 year old smoking pot in with drunk driving that results in a death and domestic violence nowadays? Wow.

Brent was a horrible mistake that millions of people make nearly every day. It was tragic, but personally I don't think you can hold it against the guy for life.

Hardy? Well I could argue the details and the validity of the accuser fairly easily. And if not it was only a 1 year deal. Notlike we committed to him long term. If it doesn't work it's easy to walk away.