Hardy Missing Meetings?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I guess the only thing to do anymore that is not considered bashing is to just go

MKo7um4.gif

if you "bash" enough to know the difference, that alone is telling.

Sydla

Reaction score
so was he late or did he miss it? i really don't give a hokey pokey flip in the rain but all the hate started off at HOW DARE HE MISS A MEETING and has been reduced to HOW DARE HE BE LATE AND DAMN THAT JONES ENABLEMENT!!!

it's painfully obvious those who don't like hardy could care less what he does, it's simply wrong.

and that is just painful to sort through.

And those who are firmly planted in Hardy's butt will excuse just about anything this guy does because he can rush the passer (although hasn't really done it all that much the last few weeks anyway). First it was, oh the media is out to get him, they are probably just making this stuff up anyway.............. now it's hey, everyone else is doing it and man being late isnt really that big of a deal.

So I guess there's a giant impasse here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
And those who are firmly planted in Hardy's butt will excuse just about anything this guy does because he can rush the passer (although hasn't really done it all that much the last few weeks anyway). First it was, oh the media is out to get him, they are probably just making this stuff up anyway.............. now it's hey, everyone else is doing it and man being late isnt really that big of a deal.

So I guess there's a giant impasse here.

not really. the issue is the cornholios dancing on the extreme on either side prancing around as if it's normal. just because i'm sick and tired of people dogging on hardy doesn't mean my head is up his butt. yet, look where that went.

first it was wrong for hardy to miss a meeting. LET HELLFIRE AND FURY TAKE HIM AWAY FOR HIS TRANSGRESSIONS!!!!

oh wait - he was just late? LET HELLFIRE AND FURY TAKE HIM AWAY FOR HIS ALMOST AS BAD TRANSGRESSIONS!!!!!

oh wait - many were late??? WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT THEM THIS IS HARDY!!!!

this is a summation of 10 pages. am i wrong? did people get upset he missed the meeting before even knowing the facts? would seem so.
when the facts became clear, were they dismissed and the rage the equivalent of the initial "foul" he committed, which he didn't? would seem so.
and when more facts came out, did the rage die down or just move?

move. check.

so yea, as long as people continue to be mad regardless of the circumstances, we are in fact at an impasse. blaming "the other side" for defending him at every turn is just as stupid as defending OR attacking him at ever turn.

when facts become clear and the rage only increases, the rage should be self directed at your own internal idiocy.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's semantics whether he missed or was late. It's still an infraction that shows lack of respect for the coaching staff.

And we aren't talking about just one infraction. It's now a growing list of issues that surround Hardy............... some sideline blows ups, late for a meeting (or missed whatever), his off the field issues, the fact the coachign staff has had to talk to him a few times about things he says, etc.

You curiously have never answered a question I posted in this thread. I am not for cutting Hardy right this second, but there has to be some point where enough is enough, right? Or are you of the mind that in the end, he can basically say and do whatever he wants just as long as he rushes the QB?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It's semantics whether he missed or was late. It's still an infraction that shows lack of respect for the coaching staff.

And we aren't talking about just one infraction. It's now a growing list of issues that surround Hardy............... some sideline blows ups, late for a meeting (or missed whatever), his off the field issues, the fact the coachign staff has had to talk to him a few times about things he says, etc.

You curiously have never answered a question I posted in this thread. I am not for cutting Hardy right this second, but there has to be some point where enough is enough, right? Or are you of the mind that in the end, he can basically say and do whatever he wants just as long as he rushes the QB?

and you just proved what i said. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE IS ACCUSED OF - if you already get mad at him you will continue to do so and use every opportunity as justification for your own hatred/anger/peeved off/whatever.

the FACT that this started off with blowing off a meeting and was boiled down to being late and your *phaux rage* only increases is quite telling.

like i said, pile on regardless cause of hate for the man, not what the issue around him are. a lie is just as good as a truth in this regard. each and every "Crime" you list is a generic line of bull****. sideline blowups? coaching staff who has to talk to him...just damn. why is he even still allowed to breathe?

Sydla

Reaction score
and you just proved what i said. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE IS ACCUSED OF - if you already get mad at him you will continue to do so and use every opportunity as justification for your own hatred/anger/peeved off/whatever.

the FACT that this started off with blowing off a meeting and was boiled down to being late and your *phaux rage* only increases is quite telling.

like i said, pile on regardless cause of hate for the man, not what the issue around him are. a lie is just as good as a truth in this regard. each and every "Crime" you list is a generic line of bull****. sideline blowups? coaching staff who has to talk to him...just damn. why is he even still allowed to breathe?

It proved no such thing.

It's a simple statement that there's really no difference between missing a meeting and being late for a meeting in the eyes of most teams. Derrelle Revis showed up for a Pats practice late and Belicheck sent him home, for example.

I'll ask the question again.............. clearly you don't think Hardy has done anything wrong at any point this season. So for the second (or third or fourth) time, is there a point that you, iceberg, would consider that enough is enough with Hardy?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It is Garrett’s discretion to fine him and any others for being late. We just won't hear about it unless they decide to air what should be team business.

Sydla

Reaction score
According to reports, he wasn't just late, he missed a meeting entirely and was fined.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It proved no such thing.

It's a simple statement that there's really no difference between missing a meeting and being late for a meeting in the eyes of most teams. Derrelle Revis showed up for a Pats practice late and Belicheck sent him home, for example.

I'll ask the question again.............. clearly you don't think Hardy has done anything wrong at any point this season. So for the second (or third or fourth) time, is there a point that you, iceberg, would consider that enough is enough with Hardy?

before i address the other 95% of your idiotic post, first show me where i said hardy has not done anything wrong.

not what you chose to get out of what i said, but what i said.

yes, there's a strong difference you'll find out more about when you're done looking.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Sometimes I get the feeling that the chemistry on this team might benefit greatly if Hardy weren't around. Say what you will about the passrush suffering -- perhaps there are other things that are comparably as important.

Then you'd have to include Dez in the same sentence. He's had his share of sideline antic's also. People called it passion. Hardy tells the ST players and coach they suck. Well, they do. He tells other defensive players to man up and work harder, what's the problem?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Then you'd have to include Dez in the same sentence. He's had his share of sideline antic's also. People called it passion. Hardy tells the ST players and coach they suck. Well, they do. He tells other defensive players to man up and work harder, what's the problem?

they don't like hardy so these antics are wrong.

if you say you think it's wrong to be that quick about things, then you love hardy and feel he's done nothing wrong.

the binary is strong in people it would seem.

Sydla

Reaction score
before i address the other 95% of your idiotic post, first show me where i said hardy has not done anything wrong.

not what you chose to get out of what i said, but what i said.

yes, there's a strong difference you'll find out more about when you're done looking.

LOL. OK. You don't believe what Hardy has done is that bad. And that people are just picking on these minor infractions because they just hate Hardy.

Is that better?

Now, is there a line you would draw with Hardy? Is there a point where he goes too far or does too much to warrant not being brought back in 2016?

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

My statement was far from being made in uncertain terms. "Getting a feeling" about something is a far cry from a definitive statement about the matter. I won't pretend to know exactly what the full nature of Hardy's actions were any more than I'm totally familiar with those of Dez but from what I've read and heard about Hardy, his incidents appear to be considerably more frequent and more serious than Dez's. I don't believe Hardy will be or necessarily should be dismissed at this point in time. It looks to be quite possible he's pushing his luck, though.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dez is overly sensitive to what the media says about him, but they're not even comparable.

Agree. If he is truly being a negative influence at VR, I expect our braintrust will show their historically insightful decisioning and sign him to a lifetime deal.