Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I don't know why it seems like the refs call pathetic calls on the Cowboys at the worst times. I mean I don't know what it is...they literally called Gregory for some crap and then the next play LVE does it even worse and they don't call anything. Just weird.
Not consistent
I mean they find a penalty almost every play if they wanted too

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Truncated my post and you still conveniently leave details out. Slowed down AND stared back at the DB to taunt him. Yes, of course you don't care to quote that part ...... because it IS against the rules.

Thanks for playing. Slant is not just a receiver's route.

Look dude if Jalen Mills is your brother in law or something go ahead and fess up.. Or just go ahead and admit you hate the Cowboys because your consistent BS excuse making every time somebody does some dirty **** to one of our players is nauseating. There is no rule against showboating into the end zone no matter how mad it makes the other guys.. By the way... if Lamb's act of showboating into the end zone was against the rules where was the flag? By rule since he began "taunting" before scoring shouldn't there have been a flag thrown at the spot of the foul, taking away the TD and allowing the game to continue? Do you suppose the refs didn't see it because of all the green grass and air in their line of sight? I should also mention that the rule enforcement was aimed at "face to face" acts.. Given that Mills was 20-25 feet away when Lamb caught the ball and did his stroll into the end zone it was not possible for Lamb's act to be "face to face." It was only turned into a "face to face" act by the guy sprinting over to take a cheap shot..

ESisback

Reaction score
Not consistent
I mean they find a penalty almost every play if they wanted too

That’s what I’ve been saying. Subjective penalties against us at precisely the wrong times, consistently, seems kinda odd. Most of it IS coincidence, or of our own design, but it’s apparent to most that bias DOES exist. Those that scoff are hiding confusion and frustration. They can’t explain it, so it “doesn’t exist”!

ESisback

Reaction score
Look dude if Jalen Mills is your brother in law or something go ahead and fess up.. Or just go ahead and admit you hate the Cowboys because your consistent BS excuse making every time somebody does some dirty **** to one of our players is nauseating. There is no rule against showboating into the end zone no matter how mad it makes the other guys.. By the way... if Lamb's act of showboating into the end zone was against the rules where was the flag? By rule since he began "taunting" before scoring shouldn't there have been a flag thrown at the spot of the foul, taking away the TD and allowing the game to continue? Do you suppose the refs didn't see it because of all the green grass and air in their line of sight? I should also mention that the rule enforcement was aimed at "face to face" acts.. Given that Mills was 20-25 feet away when Lamb caught the ball and did his stroll into the end zone it was not possible for Lamb's act to be "face to face." It was only turned into a "face to face" act by the guy sprinting over to take a cheap shot..
Now you’ll be called a stalker.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Yep, continue to ignore that the taunt was directed AT Mills on the field. We get it, King of Slant. Woe is Lamb, getting fined for simply waving. Innocent, I tells ya! Lol.

And just so you know, flags for taunting are enforced on the kickoff. With the TD ending the game there was no kickoff so no need to throw a flag that can't be enforced. Therefore, he was fined but would have been flagged and fined if there was an available kickoff afterwards. But conspiracy onward.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That’s what I’ve been saying. Subjective penalties against us at precisely the wrong times, consistently, seems kinda odd. Most of it IS coincidence, or of our own design, but it’s apparent to most that bias DOES exist. Those that scoff are hiding confusion and frustration. They can’t explain it, so it “doesn’t exist”!
The NFL should have a review board to monitor this type of thing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think some fans are mistaking a conspiracy against Dallas with just garbage officiating. I see it all over the NFL, not just Dallas.

Big_D

Reaction score
It was under his chin and he pulled back to apply more pressure on it. Lamb even tapped his arm to try to get him to stop.

plus he hung on for quite a bit. He certainly didn’t let go right away. Pretty screwed up that the league has done absolutely nothing. They’ll hand out fines for taunting and then continue to pretend that player safety is their top priority.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Agree. The bias is systemic and consistent.

Baker Mayfield got blown up out of bounds yesterday but because it was the Steelers doing it.....no flag

Not surprised
The Browns blew up the steelers FG kicker on a late hit and no flag was thrown. The kicker got a concussion and was out for the game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I'm inclined to agree that the fine was for the face to face wave, I also realize and have said more than once in this thread that players get shoved and hit after crossing the goal line every single week, and I don't recall ever seeing a flag thrown for it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are virtue signalling. They think it makes them a more sophisticated fan...more in-the-know.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
While I'm inclined to agree that the fine was for the face to face wave, I also realize and have said more than once in this thread that players get shoved and hit after crossing the goal line every single week, and I don't recall ever seeing a flag thrown for it.

Oh I agree 100% that it happens every week all around the league with no flag.. but that does not change the fact that it's a late hit and SHOULD get flagged. Unless it's on a pass play wherein there is a chance of dislodging the ball before the receiver gets both feet down there should be no reason for a defender to hit a guy once he crosses the goal line.. and if he does then he should either be flagged or fined... And if he isn't then the league should not be surprised when guys take exception to being hit late. What if CD had fallen on one of those gigantic camera lenses and cracked a rib or a leg bone when he was shoved? Would people still be here defending the push?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh I agree 100% that it happens every week all around the league with no flag.. but that does not change the fact that it's a late hit and SHOULD get flagged. Unless it's on a pass play wherein there is a chance of dislodging the ball before the receiver gets both feet down there should be no reason for a defender to hit a guy once he crosses the goal line.. and if he does then he should either be flagged or fined... And if he isn't then the league should not be surprised when guys take exception to being hit late. What if CD had fallen on one of those gigantic camera lenses and cracked a rib or a leg bone when he was shoved? Would people still be here defending the push?
Thing is, in a case like that, CeeDee was extending the ball out with one hand, so the defender could always make the case (excuse) that he was trying to dislodge the ball, just in case the ball carrier didn't have full control while crossing the plane. The league isn't going to tell them they're lying.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think anyone is saying bias doesn't exist, just that a conspiracy against the Cowboys doesn't exist, and that the bias isn't as rampant as some probably believe it is

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Thing is, in a case like that, CeeDee was extending the ball out with one hand, so the defender could always make the case (excuse) that he was trying to dislodge the ball, just in case the ball carrier didn't have full control while crossing the plane. The league isn't going to tell them they're lying.

Sure he COULD come with that lie but he didn't even get hands on CD until his whole body was in the end zone. I just think the whole thing is garbage the way they screw the Cowboys sometimes.. Yes I know they screw other teams too.. but the Cowboys lead the league in rules made just for them..

No helmet off during TD celebration - The Emmitt Smith rule
No hands to the face when blocking - The Erik Williams rule
Dead ball as soon as ball carrier helmet comes off - The Jason Witten rule
Horse collar tackle - The Roy Williams rule
Defenseless receiver can't be hit - The Darren Woodson rule
Ball Carrier cannot lower his head - The DeMarco Murray rule

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting but you get the picture.. Any chance it gets the league puts a stop to stuff that they find out the Cowboys are using to their benefit.

Next up: A defender can legally choke any receiver who styles after making a catch - The CeeDee Lamb rule.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure he COULD come with that lie but he didn't even get hands on CD until his whole body was in the end zone. I just think the whole thing is garbage the way they screw the Cowboys sometimes.. Yes I know they screw other teams too.. but the Cowboys lead the league in rules made just for them..

No helmet off during TD celebration - The Emmitt Smith rule
No hands to the face when blocking - The Erik Williams rule
Dead ball as soon as ball carrier helmet comes off - The Jason Witten rule
Horse collar tackle - The Roy Williams rule
Defenseless receiver can't be hit - The Darren Woodson rule
Ball Carrier cannot lower his head - The DeMarco Murray rule

I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting but you get the picture.. Any chance it gets the league puts a stop to stuff that they find out the Cowboys are using to their benefit.

Next up: A defender can legally choke any receiver who styles after making a catch - The CeeDee Lamb rule.
:rolleyes:;)

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying bias doesn't exist, just that a conspiracy against the Cowboys doesn't exist, and that the bias isn't as rampant as some probably believe it is

I’m not saying that fat, sweaty rich guys sit around a poker table in a secret, smoke-filled room, gleefully plotting our demise, but if people with the ability to indirectly affect the outcome of a game hold a mutual bias against a particular player or team, the potential for malfeasance is certainly there. A subjective penalty for holding or roughing or interference often CAN’T be proven.