Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There was a ref standing less than 3 feet away when it was going on. The only way he didn't see it would have been if he was officiating with his eyes closed.. Wait.. now it all starts to make sense.

You did see the officiating this week right?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Here let me strip it down for you.. I don't CARE if Lamb slowed down.. What he did was not against the rules.. Slowed down, walked, fell down and did the funky worm into the end zone.. matters not one iota. If the ball is across the goal line before the defender gets there it's touchdown and the play is over. Anything that happens after that is late and subject to penalty. Period.. I don't give a rat's *** if Lamb strolling into the end zone hurt Mills' feelings. This is football.. you don't want guys to celebrate scoring then stop them from scoring. Don't fake hustle over and commit a damn late hit.

Truncated my post and you still conveniently leave details out. Slowed down AND stared back at the DB to taunt him. Yes, of course you don't care to quote that part ...... because it IS against the rules.

Thanks for playing. Slant is not just a receiver's route.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Still, this could be fineable I think,. It'd be a personal foul had the referee seen it.

I don't know about that. If Smith has a reputation, maybe. But without clear evidence, how do you know for sure and what can you cite Smith was doing? From that back angle, it just looks like he's holding Lamb to prevent him from getting up. That's not even flaggable unless the player doesn't obey the official's commands to let go. On the extended version they show on Sounds of the Game, you see Gregory and another run towards them but then when Smith lets go, Gregory continues celebrating by doing Lamb's first down move. I would think if it were more serious that he and other players would at least get in Smith's face or surround him to say a few words, etc.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Is there something that shows how he choked him exactly? He doesn't have him in a proper choke hold because his forearm is along the side of Lamb's helmet. Anything he's doing would have to be done by his hand, which you can't see exactly since this is from the back. It's clearly an intentional grip by Smith but you can't see exactly what it is.
It was under his chin and he pulled back to apply more pressure on it. Lamb even tapped his arm to try to get him to stop.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't know about that. If Smith has a reputation, maybe. But without clear evidence, how do you know for sure and what can you cite Smith was doing? From that back angle, it just looks like he's holding Lamb to prevent him from getting up. That's not even flaggable unless the player doesn't obey the official's commands to let go. On the extended version they show on Sounds of the Game, you see Gregory and another run towards them but then when Smith lets go, Gregory continues celebrating by doing Lamb's first down move. I would think if it were more serious that he and other players would at least get in Smith's face or surround him to say a few words, etc.

It was under his chin and he pulled back to apply more pressure on it. Lamb even tapped his arm to try to get him to stop.

Exactly, and a first offence hasn't stopped the NFL from fining players before.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

LOL, i thought the ref nearby was going to drop on his belly and count to three. It was that obvious.. Ric Flair would have been proud of that maneuver. WOOOOOOO....

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It's the new norm for our Dallas Cowboys. Refs turn a blind eye.

Meanwhile....:muttley:

The ref was right there watching the whole thing. How can he not see that? It was also a dead ball foul and the whistle was blown.

Two of the fouls that Randy Gregory got called for the whistle wasn't even blown and it was on the field of play. Why was he penalized?

calvin

Reaction score
It might have already been mentioned but wasn't there a play in the Dallas/LA game where the refs threw a flag for holding and picked it up because upon review the players hand got caught in the opposing players helmet.

Smith's been in the league a while. He's won and lost big games. He doesn't have a reputation of either being dumb or dirty. To "choke" a player on SNF is dumb because of a) camera count b) peers watching and "violations" of the player code are enforced c) NFL would most surely review the play and level a major fine for an infraction of that magnitude.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Exactly, and a first offence hasn't stopped the NFL from fining players before.

Could be. And if he did do that then yes, that should be a fine. I'd think they'd need a camera angle that shows what Smith was doing exactly though.

Jipper

Reaction score
The ref was right there watching the whole thing. How can he not see that? It was also a dead ball foul and the whistle was blown.

Two of the fouls that Randy Gregory got called for the whistle wasn't even blown and it was on the field of play. Why was he penalized?

What makes you so sure he didn't see it...

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It might have already been mentioned but wasn't there a play in the Dallas/LA game where the refs threw a flag for holding and picked it up because upon review the players hand got caught in the opposing players helmet.

Smith's been in the league a while. He's won and lost big games. He doesn't have a reputation of either being dumb or dirty. To "choke" a player on SNF is dumb because of a) camera count b) peers watching and "violations" of the player code are enforced c) NFL would most surely review the play and level a major fine for an infraction of that magnitude.

Not unless it's the Cowboys. You can almost get away with any penalty and it won't get called.

I' kinda exaggerating a bit. But it seems true. Romo usually gets blasted for late hits and never gets called.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Harrison Smith has always been a overrated bum, poor sap is still looking for Cedric Wilson.:laugh:

Reaction score
Why do you people complain about the refs? Makes no sense to me. There is NO conspiracy against the Cowboys. None.

Refs make bad calls, they miss calls, thats just life. They do it for everyone.
If you don't think the league office has it out for certain teams, you haven't been paying attention.

ESisback

Reaction score
I don't think it was intentional. They both seemed to panic and it looked like Smith's left arm got caught between CeeDee's pads and neck.

Smith don't strike me as a dirty player.
Maybe not, but roles reversed, we all KNOW Lamb would get fined. Hell, he got fined for waving!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I know there are always missed calls and 50/50 calls, but I was really surprised this MMA move didn’t draw a flag. Anybody got a clip?

I bet Lamb gets fined for having his Jersey untucked during the play.
Yep. It's like the NFL has it in for the Cowboys