Harrison Smith chokes Lamb out of bounds. No flag

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why it seems like the refs call pathetic calls on the Cowboys at the worst times. I mean I don't know what it is...they literally called Gregory for some crap and then the next play LVE does it even worse and they don't call anything. Just weird.
They have it out for RG, (not that he is completely untarnished. :muttley:)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This is a joke right? Mills hits Lamb 2-3 yards into the end zone.. It absolutely was a late hit because it did not take place in the field of play.. Justifying it with "well he taunted him" is pure bull crap. So what if he taunted him? You are not allowed to hit someone after the play just because they taunt you. I mean why did they eject Toney in the Giants' game for throwing a punch.. when the Cowboys DBs "clearly taunted him?" I think one even pushed him..

Lamb is not even completely in the endzone before Mills had already started after him. Now, Lamb surely would have been if he didn't slow down, isn't that right? Lamb himself made that a legal shove. Didn't have to. And if you remember the Toney punch, Kazee slammed Toney to the ground after being wrapped up and the play was done. Not justifying the punch but totally understand why he was upset, just like Mills here. Mills stayed within the rules though.

Mills.jpg

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lamb is not even completely in the endzone before Mills had already started after him. Now, Lamb surely would have been if he didn't slow down, isn't that right? Lamb himself made that a legal shove. Didn't have to. And if you remember the Toney punch, Kazee slammed Toney to the ground after being wrapped up and the play was done. Not justifying the punch but totally understand why he was upset, just like Mills here. Mills stayed within the rules though.

Mills.jpg

The hell he did.. The play was over the instant the ball crossed the goal line. Which means it was over right here!

Mills runs two more strides before he makes contact... If this was a QB throwing the ball it would have been roughing the passer because of the amount of runup he took before making contact. Your trying to justify it is frankly disgusting to me.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
The hell he did.. The play was over the instant the ball crossed the goal line. Which means it was over right here!

Mills runs two more strides before he makes contact... If this was a QB throwing the ball it would have been roughing the passer because of the amount of runup he took before making contact. Your trying to justify it is frankly disgusting to me.

Ronnie, you said the hit didn't take place in the field of play. Lamb was still in the field of play. And again, you ignore the fact that Lamb would have long scored if he doesn't slow down to taunt Mills. I mean, this isn't rocket science. Lamb made that closer than he needed to because he chose to slow down and taunt the DB. He gave the DB a chance to try and he did to get back at Lamb. So the victim "he was just waving" stance notwithstanding, Lamb controlled this situation from the get go. And, oh yeah, there's a rule against that and all, hence the fine.

Scotman

Reaction score
Ronnie, you said the hit didn't take place in the field of play. Lamb was still in the field of play. And again, you ignore the fact that Lamb would have long scored if he doesn't slow down to taunt Mills. I mean, this isn't rocket science. Lamb made that closer than he needed to because he chose to slow down and taunt the DB. He gave the DB a chance to try and he did to get back at Lamb. So the victim "he was just waving" stance notwithstanding, Lamb controlled this situation from the get go. And, oh yeah, there's a rule against that and all, hence the fine.
I didn't want Lamb to showboat by slowing up, but the shove was clearly a late hit. The play was over. The points were scored. And then he shoved lamb. It's really, really obvious.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Look man.. I don't care if Lamb got on his knees and crawled into the end zone.. if the ball crossed the goal line before the defender got there the play is over.. Period.. There is no rule against showboating into the end zone. There is however a rule against hitting a guy after the play. The bye bye wave did not occur until Lamb got back up after being shoved to the ground. Your attempts to justify a late hit on one of our players makes me wanna puke. "He gave the DB a chance to get back at him?" GTFOH!!! Should defenders be allowed to push guys down if they dance after scoring? Should they be allowed to throw a punch if a guy tries to spike the ball? I mean why not just make it a rule that defenders can do whatever they want to any offensive player who showboats or celebrates.. Let's see how many DBs will be willing to run up on Zeke and stop him from doing the "Feed me." I mean you clearly think any celebrating after the play is over should be banned.. or at least be given clearance for defenders to do dirt in response to it. You can die on that wall without me..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Look man.. I don't care if Lamb got on his knees and crawled into the end zone.. if the ball crossed the goal line before the defender got there the play is over.. Period.. There is no rule against showboating into the end zone. There is however a rule against hitting a guy after the play. The bye bye wave did not occur until Lamb got back up after being shoved to the ground. Your attempts to justify a late hit on one of our players makes me wanna puke. "He gave the DB a chance to get back at him?" GTFOH!!! Should defenders be allowed to push guys down if they dance after scoring? Should they be allowed to throw a punch if a guy tries to spike the ball? I mean why not just make it a rule that defenders can do whatever they want to any offensive player who showboats or celebrates.. Let's see how many DBs will be willing to run up on Zeke and stop him from doing the "Feed me." I mean you clearly think any celebrating after the play is over should be banned.. or at least be given clearance for defenders to do dirt in response to it. You can die on that wall without me..

What you're again ignoring is that Lamb did his celebration AT Mills. He didn't do a "feed me" gesture to no one in particular, he directed it AT someone which is taunting. There IS a rule against THAT kind of showboating, is there not? You didn't answer that question before. Did Lamb not slow down and showboat AT Mills? All the wave did was confirm he was taunting in the first place.

Again, the slowing down is what made it a borderline late hit, and yes, Lamb gave him that chance. Luckily it was just a shove and Mills didn't attempt a grab and slam to injure him. Mills shove was unnecessary but Lamb initiated this from the start, did he not? Just score and enjoy the flight home.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Now we know the difference in showboating and taunting. We should explain it to the NFL.

If our guys are doing it to the other team, we're showboating.
If other team is doing it to us, they are taunting!

Or we let 'em play like when TO disrespected the star and got teagued.....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What you're again ignoring is that Lamb did his celebration AT Mills. He didn't do a "feed me" gesture to no one in particular, he directed it AT someone which is taunting. There IS a rule against THAT kind of showboating, is there not? You didn't answer that question before. Did Lamb not slow down and showboat AT Mills? All the wave did was confirm he was taunting in the first place.

Again, the slowing down is what made it a borderline late hit, and yes, Lamb gave him that chance. Luckily it was just a shove and Mills didn't attempt a grab and slam to injure him. Mills shove was unnecessary but Lamb initiated this from the start, did he not? Just score and enjoy the flight home.

So Mills was justified for a late hit but Lamb was a bad body for waving in retaliation? Mills was the first one to commit a penalty on that play. Slowing down is not illegal. High stepping into the end zone is not illegal.. Shoving a player to the ground after the play is over.. IS illegal.. The wave confirmed he was taunting? How about the wave was in response to a dirty late hit? If not for the late hit the wave never happens.. On the other hand we have seen MANY defenders hit a ball carrier after he crosses the goal line so it's impossible to say that if Lamb did not slow down the late hit never happens.. Maybe the slowdown made Mills mad-DER.. but you cannot say definitively that he wasn't already pissed at getting roasted to begin with and was going to hit CD regardless.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So Mills was justified for a late hit but Lamb was a bad body for waving in retaliation? Mills was the first one to commit a penalty on that play. Slowing down is not illegal. High stepping into the end zone is not illegal.. Shoving a player to the ground after the play is over.. IS illegal.. The wave confirmed he was taunting? How about the wave was in response to a dirty late hit? If not for the late hit the wave never happens.. On the other hand we have seen MANY defenders hit a ball carrier after he crosses the goal line so it's impossible to say that if Lamb did not slow down the late hit never happens.. Maybe the slowdown made Mills mad-DER.. but you cannot say definitively that he wasn't already pissed at getting roasted to begin with and was going to hit CD regardless.

Again, you avoid the question. Here, let me strip it down so there's nothing else to use as a diversion:

Did Lamb slow down to celebrate while looking right at Mills to taunt him?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Mills.jpg
I agree. If the officials had ruled that CeeDee didn't have control of the ball while crossing the goal line, the shove could have dislodged it and caused a fumble, negating the TD...or at least that a viable excuse for the shove.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of all those times a defender hit a ball carrier after crossing the goal line, how many have you seen flagged? That's something that happens pretty much every weekend, and I've rarely, if ever seen a flag thrown.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
People wonder why fans think the refs have a bias against Dallas.

Stuff like this makes you wonder what the heck they are watching. The ref is right there as he leans back to dig the choke in even deeper.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Stuff like this makes you wonder what the heck they are watching. The ref is right there as he leans back to dig the choke in even deeper.

Can't really see a lot from this angle.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Is there something that shows how he choked him exactly? He doesn't have him in a proper choke hold because his forearm is along the side of Lamb's helmet. Anything he's doing would have to be done by his hand, which you can't see exactly since this is from the back. It's clearly an intentional grip by Smith but you can't see exactly what it is.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I know there are always missed calls and 50/50 calls, but I was really surprised this MMA move didn’t draw a flag. Anybody got a clip?

I bet Lamb gets fined for having his Jersey untucked during the play.

Yeah, meanwhile, Harrison Smith probably won't get punished.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Is there something that shows how he choked him exactly? He doesn't have him in a proper choke hold because his forearm is along the side of Lamb's helmet. Anything he's doing would have to be done by his hand, which you can't see exactly since this is from the back. It's clearly an intentional grip by Smith but you can't see exactly what it is.

Still, this could be fineable I think,. It'd be a personal foul had the referee seen it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Again, you avoid the question. Here, let me strip it down so there's nothing else to use as a diversion:

Did Lamb slow down to celebrate while looking right at Mills to taunt him?

Here let me strip it down for you.. I don't CARE if Lamb slowed down.. What he did was not against the rules.. Slowed down, walked, fell down and did the funky worm into the end zone.. matters not one iota. If the ball is across the goal line before the defender gets there it's touchdown and the play is over. Anything that happens after that is late and subject to penalty. Period.. I don't give a rat's *** if Lamb strolling into the end zone hurt Mills' feelings. This is football.. you don't want guys to celebrate scoring then stop them from scoring. Don't fake hustle over and commit a damn late hit.