Harsh reality of our fanbase

ghst187

Reaction score
We have nearly more "player fans" than cowboys fans. If you don't love the Star first then you can kick rocks along with Romo, Dez and anyone else those fans have their wierd emotional crush on.

You can always replace a player but you can never replace the :starspin:

So we are rooting for laundry?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have nearly more "player fans" than cowboys fans. If you don't love the Star first then you can kick rocks along with Romo, Dez and anyone else those fans have their wierd emotional crush on.

Well, excuuuuuse me!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So we are rooting for laundry?

Can't remember which comedian said this. Maybe Seinfeld or Louis CK. He said that is basically what being a sports fan is. Rooting for laundry.

But addressing the OP, it's natural. 2 decades plus of nothing will cause fans to gravitate more towards individual players. I don't get attached, though. I found it funny people were treating the Witten retirement like he died or had a career ending injury. The dude retired on his own and will go to the booth. Not a big deal. He'll be fine in life and Dallas will move on.

ghst187

Reaction score
Can't remember which comedian said this. Maybe Seinfeld or Louis CK. He said that is basically what being a sports fan is. Rooting for laundry.

But addressing the OP, it's natural. 2 decades plus of nothing will cause fans to gravitate more towards individual players. I don't get attached, though. I found it funny people were treating the Witten retirement like he died or had a career ending injury. The dude retired on his own and will go to the booth. Not a big deal. He'll be fine in life and Dallas will move on.

It was Seinfeld.
A good % of my posts are from Seinfeld

gmoney112

Reaction score
More like we have fans that want to escape 20 years of mediocrity and are getting tired of the exact same results.

This is always the same fallback when someone says something stupid.

RS12

Reaction score

A lot of the younger fans dont know any better because the team hasnt done anything in their lifetime. All they have to hang their hats on are buying jerseys and individual player stats.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
A lot of the younger fans dont know any better because the team hasnt done anything in their lifetime. All they have to hang their hats on are buying jerseys and individual player stats.

Yup, I’d be willing to say that the majority of fans losing their minds over Romo, Dez, Witten, etc., leaving are under the age of 30.

If I can get over Aikman, Moose, Irvin, Smith, Haley, Woodson, etc. leaving, I sure as heck am not gonna fret over Romo and Dez leaving.

Cap12

Reaction score
Yup, I’d be willing to say that the majority of fans losing their minds over Romo, Dez, Witten, etc., leaving are under the age of 30.

If I can get over Aikman, Moose, Irvin, Smith, Haley, Woodson, etc. leaving, I sure as heck am not gonna fret over Romo and Dez leaving.
I'm over those guys leaving, but I'm tired of how these things are handled (except for Witten) can easily be second guessed).

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep, I could care less about a player unless he is great. The minute he isnt, I want him gone. All I care about is the team success. Any player or coach that hinders that is garbage to me.