Harsh reality of our fanbase

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't care how many years ago they retired, I'll always be a Walt Garrison, Bob Lilly, and Merlin Olsen fan. One of them never wore a "star" so I guess the OP is wrong. It's not just about the star.
I absolutely hate the Commanders, but I've always been a big John Riggins fan.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah at your last two responses!
Fair enough.

You have made the following statements in the thread you created:
We have nearly more "player fans" than cowboys fans.
I don't need numbers book worm!

It's common sense with the reactions around you along with the reactions online/social.
I have inventoried your thread. Thus far, thread replies have fallen into four categories:

• Posts favoring appreciation of players over teams
  • Posts favoring appreciation of teams over players
  • No personal preference mentioned
  • Our conversation
Admittedly, there were several vague associations given, straining proper categorization. Regardless, here is a breakdown of the replies at this point:

No personal preference mentioned, 30 (50%)
Our conversation, 6 (10%)
Players, 11 (18%)
Team, 14 (23%)

As you can see above, personal preference for team outweighs that for players. Perhaps the percentages will change as your thread matures. However, it is not outside the norm saying your opinion of 'nearly more' may not be QUITE as definitive as you believe. This particular thread must sway more non-committals before opinion becomes a fact reference of the 'social/online' variety you commented about earlier.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Fair enough.

You have made the following statements in the thread you created:

I have inventoried your thread. Thus far, thread replies have fallen into four categories:

• Posts favoring appreciation of players over teams
  • Posts favoring appreciation of teams over players
  • No personal preference mentioned
  • Our conversation
Admittedly, there were several vague associations given, straining proper categorization. Regardless, here is a breakdown of the replies at this point:

No personal preference mentioned, 30 (50%)
Our conversation, 6 (10%)
Players, 11 (18%)
Team, 14 (23%)

As you can see above, personal preference for team outweighs that for players. Perhaps the percentages will change as your thread matures. However, it is not outside the norm saying your opinion of 'nearly more' may not be QUITE as definitive as you believe. This particular thread must sway more non-committals before opinion becomes a fact reference of the 'social/online' variety you commented about earlier.

It's good to know that this one forum speaks for the whole cowboys fanbase. Great job!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's good to know that this one forum speaks for the whole cowboys fanbase. Great job!
Thanks!

~If I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times. "It's the Drama Zone, DE. Just pass on through." But do you ever listen? No...~

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wasn't hard to get over a washed up Aikman and Smith. Aikman was failing bad when the team needed him most in the final years. Smith had slowed to a crawl. Not sure why you mentioned Romo and Dez in the manner you did. I was ready for Ware to move on as well because I was tired of him being unable to beat 1v1 without going 5 yards wide, he and Carr played a big role in RG3 winning the NFC East.

Yup, I’d be willing to say that the majority of fans losing their minds over Romo, Dez, Witten, etc., leaving are under the age of 30.

If I can get over Aikman, Moose, Irvin, Smith, Haley, Woodson, etc. leaving, I sure as heck am not gonna fret over Romo and Dez leaving.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Wasn't hard to get over a washed up Aikman and Smith. Aikman was failing bad when the team needed him most in the final years. Smith had slowed to a crawl. Not sure why you mentioned Romo and Dez in the manner you did. I was ready for Ware to move on as well because I was tired of him being unable to beat 1v1 without going 5 yards wide, he and Carr played a big role in RG3 winning the NFC East.

LOL…well it's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Romo was a Corvette engine in a jalopy's body, so he was, IMO, just as "washed up" as Aikman given the fact that he couldn't stay on the field.

And just as you mentioned with Smith (although you clearly don't want to acknowledge it), Dez has slowed to an infant's walk with crawling very, very near.

InTheZone

Reaction score
LOL…well it's a matter of opinion, I guess.

Romo was a Corvette engine in a jalopy's body, so he was, IMO, just as "washed up" as Aikman given the fact that he couldn't stay on the field.

And just as you mentioned with Smith (although you clearly don't want to acknowledge it), Dez has slowed to an infant's walk with crawling very, very near.

just because the ball wasn't getting to him when he was open doesn't mean he's slowed down.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
just because the ball wasn't getting to him when he was open doesn't mean he's slowed down.

Yeah, he didn’t lead the league in drops.

And, teams didn’t start single covering him.

He’s just as potent as he was in 2014.