Has any fanbase suffered as much as Cowboys fans have the last 5 years?

Zordon

Reaction score
In any sport?

Please don't name perennial bottom feeders like the milwaukee bucks or cleveland browns. At least they don't suffer the tease like we do.

JBS

Reaction score
Not a chance. Doesn't get any worse than what we've been through. I'm going to guess nobody is even close

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I still say being a Browns fan would be worse.

Yep! I have lived in Cleveland all of my life and those fans are downright miserable ALL of the time. When they win in the preseason it's a big deal to them, seriously! Since the team came back in 1999 they haven't had anything really to cheer about. They're hoping for Johnny Football to come and save the team lol.

visionary

Reaction score
Cowboy fans are spoiled
Any season they don't win the SB they think they suffered
Suffering would be being owned by an egotistical football idiot with no hope if winning
Suffering would be 1 playoff win in 18 years

That would be suffering

OhSnap

Reaction score
In any sport?

Please don't name perennial bottom feeders like the milwaukee bucks or cleveland browns. At least they don't suffer the tease like we do.

Normally I would name a perennial bottom feeder because the Dolphins ability to make you cry has been mentioned in a song but the last 4 years starting with the 6-10 collapse and watching a division rival go to a SB with a 9-7 record with 2 of those wins coming in December against the Cowboys still stings for me. I don't know if theres ever been a team with the chance to win the division in the last week 3 years in a row and not do it, pretty sure it's never happened since the schedules just started being set up that way. I don't know about any sport but definitely not in the NFL.

OhSnap

Reaction score
Cowboy fans are spoiled
Any season they don't win the SB they think they suffered
Suffering would be being owned by an egotistical football idiot with no hope if winning

Yes Cowboy fans have been spoiled but the last 4 years have been unique in the way they have lost. Suffering might be too strong of a word but you would have to go back to the Campo years to find 3 seasons that have sucked more.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's a tricky balance. On one hand, 4 of the 5 seasons we have either gone to the playoffs or played a fake playoff game at the end. The one season we didn't, we had a midseason coaching change and lost the QB so it was expected. That's not exactly suffering by any reasonable, non-spoiled standard.

On the other hand, there is a bit of suffering involved when you have the season end the way we have 3 years in a row. It takes a toll on you, no doubt about it. I don't know if for sure if it's suffering... it sure is agonizing though.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i challenge anyone to guess who is in my new sig pic.

cej757

Reaction score
I'm still not over that Detroit loss yet. I just cant understand how a team losses football games the way the Cowboys do. Why does every game have to be a nail biter? This team still or should I say the Head Coach still doesn't know how to manage a game even when it's wrapped up for him to win.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yep! I have lived in Cleveland all of my life and those fans are downright miserable ALL of the time. When they win in the preseason it's a big deal to them, seriously! Since the team came back in 1999 they haven't had anything really to cheer about. They're hoping for Johnny Football to come and save the team lol.

I'm sure they are miserable for living in that dump of a city as well. The Browns just fit the vibe going on in Cleveland. Sucky.