Has any fanbase suffered as much as Cowboys fans have the last 5 years?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
You dont think other fans of other teams feel their losses are gut wrenching?

Not when they lose by 20. LOL

But seriously, they might.

I would be willing to compare ours recently with anybody though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not when they lose by 20. LOL

But seriously, they might.

I would be willing to compare ours recently with anybody though.

Ours probably are more gut-wrenching. But that's what happens when you can't defend the pass. No lead is safe.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Ours probably are more gut-wrenching. But that's what happens when you can't defend the pass. No lead is safe.

I hear ya.

But others that come to mind off the top of my head :

two late 80 yd runs by the Ravens to win the last game at Tx Sta.
we are kicking the game winning FG against the skins, it gets blocked and we get a facemask on the return which put the skins close enough to kick the game winner.
two late TD's to the skins after manhandling them all day.
blocked punt in OT against the Cards
blowing huge leads against the Lions
the whole "ice your own kicker" fiasco
Crayton quitting on the route against the giants, ... we win if he just runs his route correctly, .. he was in the EZ.

Ugh, ..I need to get some air.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya.

But others that come to mind off the top of my head :

two late 80 yd runs by the Ravens to win the last game at Tx Sta.
we are kicking the game winning FG against the skins, it gets blocked and we get a facemask on the return which put the skins close enough to kick the game winner.
two late TD's to the skins after manhandling them all day.
blocked punt in OT against the Cards
blowing huge leads against the Lions
the whole "ice your own kicker" fiasco
Crayton quitting on the route against the giants, ... we win if he just runs his route correctly, .. he was in the EZ.

Ugh, ..I need to get some air.

If it helps, any, Crayton didn't actually quit on that route. The CB jumped the top of it b/c he'd seen it on tape, and the rest of that play was an adlib as Tony was maneuvering for time in the backfield. He did drop a pass earlier in the game, though, that would have extended one drive, and he bobbled a return, as well, so that might not help you much.

But every team has its share of losses like that. I think ours seem magnified because 1, it's our favorite team and 2, the consistently weak pass defense either puts us in situations where we need points with little time, or where we give up points we need to hold with little time. Add those games to the regular distribution of heartbreakers, and you get a storyline.

Although, there *is* something to be said for a general lack of depth also leading to playing backup players late in the season. We've been top-heavy, forever, on our salary cap management. That's one thing I'd like to say has changed under Garrett, but we really don't have enough data to prove that right now. The Brandon Carr deal argues otherwise, anyway, but, other than that, we've been pretty sensible with the cutting of aging expensive players and with relatively frugal extensions (if you consider deals like Sean Lee's extension to be relatively sensible. I do).

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If it helps, any, Crayton didn't actually quit on that route. The CB jumped the top of it b/c he'd seen it on tape, and the rest of that play was an adlib as Tony was maneuvering for time in the backfield. He did drop a pass earlier in the game, though, that would have extended one drive, and he bobbled a return, as well, so that might not help you much.

Must not be thinking about the same play.

The play I am thinking about Crayton is going down the right sidelines and sort of slows up, ... must have been thinking Tony wasn't coming to him.

Then when he does see that the ball IS coming to him, he takes off, .. but the ball is about 1 yard beyond him in the R front corner of the EZ, .. because he had slowed up.

And he may have scored on the drop you refer to.

I had forgotten about the bobbled return.

That is yet another game that gets put on Romo as he "can't get it done."

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
In any sport?

Please don't name perennial bottom feeders like the milwaukee bucks or cleveland browns. At least they don't suffer the tease like we do.

Although disappointment is a normal feeling these days, the word "suffer" is not one I would choose to describe being a Cowboys fan over the last five years.

They may not have met my expectations as a fan this season, or the past several, but tomorrow is another day. Right now, today, I can think about how bad the Cowboys have been or I can look into the future and imagine something better. I choose the latter.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
oh yeah, stupid jerry just wants the money. Why doesn't he just order up a few more titles and he would be rich. Is this what you think he should do?
6f7d7db4_350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think you may have posted this on the wrong board.
This board is about football, .. winning and losing football.
Loving to win, and hating to lose. Period

I'm sure "equilibrium, yin and yang, elemental particles, and metaphysical are all very important and interesting things, .. they just don't come up in my football conversations very often.

And trust me, there is great "joy" when your team "arrives" at the winners podium of the Super Bowl.
Even moreso than the "journey".

Yeah, I thought I might get a little of this. There's a lot to be said about enjoying the game and not just the victories. It's nice when you get them both though.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought I might get a little of this. There's a lot to be said about enjoying the game and not just the victories. It's nice when you get them both though.

Maybe it's my weakness, .. but I don't enjoy losses, .. only wins.
I enjoy every game, .. but in the end, I want to win.

later jobberone

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
The hardest years for me were 2006-2008. That was a talented group and the NFC was wide open. Water under the bridge now but that was a golden opportunity squandered.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
The hardest years for me were 2006-2008. That was a talented group and the NFC was wide open. Water under the bridge now but that was a golden opportunity squandered.

The NFC East was there for the taking this year.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
And last year and the year before.

Only problem. Our team wouldn't have made any noise once they got into the playoffs.

Nope. Or just a clunking noise.

I wonder if the players know, I wonder if the coaches know, I wonder if any of them know, ... we just aren't good enough.

Randy White

Reaction score
Funny thing is that Dullfans down here are asking the same question, only it's they who are the sufferers.