Has anyone already scheduled days off and gave family warnings about the Draft?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since this is not a mock draft or talking about players in the draft...

I have already scheduled Thursday and Friday off from work and wrote on the home Calendar that it is NFL Draft weekend to give the wife a warning that it will be a honey do list free weekend. lol

Although I will not be shocked if we are all sitting on the first night only to see us trade the pick away and have to wait another day for our first pick.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Absolutely, asked off from work several weeks ago and the wife already knows that the draft weekend is mine. I'll be going to BWW on Thursday so I'll be upset if we trade back and don't pick till Friday.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Nope I will be in the big easy next week at the semi annual burger flipping meeting. So the household is safe.

John813

Reaction score
Nope. Not taking time off for that.

Usually don't bother watching Day 3.
Just come on here after the dust/freak outs have settled.

Shuff

Reaction score
First two days in the evening, not taking any days off.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
There was a funny article a few years ago about explaining the draft to a wife/SO. I just remember one line that said...by no means mention it lasts two days.
Oh, hear that, by the time I finished my explanation, I realized how weird I was for loving it; yet alone mention it lasts 3 days.
tumblr_o63j61yvQ51r5tymxo1_500.gif

Last edited:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I will miss most of the draft for the 5th year in a row :(

I actually have the days off but we have our Spring game on that Friday and I have a college graduation on Saturday. I will hopefully watch most of Thursday's broadcast.

Will need @GloryDaysRBack to text me the Cowboys pick rounds 2 through 7.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I'll watch Thursday night but Friday I'll be heading with my daughter four hours away for an AAU basketball tourney. Grrrr ....

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Since this is not a mock draft or talking about players in the draft...

I have already scheduled Thursday and Friday off from work and wrote on the home Calendar that it is NFL Draft weekend to give the wife a warning that it will be a honey do list free weekend. lol

Although I will not be shocked if we are all sitting on the first night only to see us trade the pick away and have to wait another day for our first pick.
I take off the day after day 1 lol I drik many cold ones

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Taking the wife to Niagara Falls for 3 days at beginning of the week. Just bought her a new car. She lost some weight so bought her a new wardrobe for her birthday last week.

In return she agrees to keep herself and my daughters as far away as possible from me from the start until the end of the draft / draft recap process. And she promises not to criticize my choice of apparel, food or drink that accompanies the draft process.

Please note there is no chance she will keep up her end of the bargain. And if history is any precedent she will rip up the contract about the same time Jerry:

a) Trades out of the round
b) drafts a tight end
c) drafts an injured player
d) drafts an habitual drug user
e) all of the above

Repeat routine April 2018

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will watch all 3 days. Saturday will be a day to catch up on some things as well. Won't pay attention 100% but pretty close to it. Will work on some things on laptop I been wanting to do like get back to organizing my music, photo's, scan in old family photo's. Clean out closet, stuff like that.
So I can listen, but don't have to watch every minute.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I made my wife go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the RD1 of the draft with me 6 years ago when we first started dating, and it's been a tradition ever since.

Then we usually manage to squeeze in the rest of the draft throughout the weekend; watching at home, listening to it on the radio as we drive around DFW, etc.

Last year we were at a quiet bar planning seating arrangements for our wedding when I got overly excited after we took some kid from Mississippi State in the 4th round.

The nice thing is, she wasn't embarrassed at all. She just wanted to know more and why I was so excited.

So I guess you could say, I'm fortunate enough that this is a good weekend for both of us.