Has anyone already scheduled days off and gave family warnings about the Draft?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You guys are making me realize how much I failed at marriage :)

Couldn't watch **** all for sports. Now I'm single (most of the time), and gonna drink brew and eat like a king for the draft!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Since this is not a mock draft or talking about players in the draft...

I have already scheduled Thursday and Friday off from work and wrote on the home Calendar that it is NFL Draft weekend to give the wife a warning that it will be a honey do list free weekend. lol

Although I will not be shocked if we are all sitting on the first night only to see us trade the pick away and have to wait another day for our first pick.

isn't Thursday and Friday just at night, why would you need to take the day off?

re me, nah, I won't take the day for a draft

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

I have already scheduled Thursday and Friday off from work and wrote on the home Calendar that it is NFL Draft weekend to give the wife a warning that it will be a honey do list free weekend. lol

Although I will not be shocked if we are all sitting on the first night only to see us trade the pick away and have to wait another day for our first pick.

Yes, great game plan!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
isn't Thursday and Friday just at night, why would you need to take the day off?

re me, nah, I won't take the day for a draft

Ha HR at work told me I have 80+ hours of vacation I need to take before July or lose it. And I have only taken a whole week at one time vacation twice in over twenty years.... So I have some long weekends coming up before July lol

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't have to announce it, it's a given in my home.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
My day off is set...only dilemma i face is finalizing my menu for thursday night.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yup took the day off. Going to a little get together at a friends place.

I work overnights so I would miss anything outsidr the top 10. Last year was nice because I didnt have to burn a vacation to see the Cowboys pick. But I still wish I did. First round is so much fun

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's my son's birthday weekend. He always expects to have a draft party theme for his birthday so I just accommodate his wishes.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ha HR at work told me I have 80+ hours of vacation I need to take before July or lose it. And I have only taken a whole week at one time vacation twice in over twenty years.... So I have some long weekends coming up before July lol

only one full week in 20 years? Damn man that will put you in an early grave

I know Americans take less vacation than most, but damn that is brutal.

I usually take three weeks every July, plus two at xmas (in addition to other days throughout the year). Granted, I am not in a set hours job, I worked yesterday on a stat holiday, can work at night to make up etc, but damn man if I don't take my three and two, I go more nuts than I already am

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
only one full week in 20 years? Damn man that will put you in an early grave

I know Americans take less vacation than most, but damn that is brutal.

I usually take three weeks every July, plus two at xmas (in addition to other days throughout the year). Granted, I am not in a set hours job, I worked yesterday on a stat holiday, can work at night to make up etc, but damn man if I don't take my three and two, I go more nuts than I already am

I take my time normally...just not a week at a time.

Also and I worded it poorly...I took a week vacation twice in 20 years lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I kinda hope that happens.

This is the year to play the numbers game because the quality runs so deep at positions of need for us.

We could bring in a ton of new talent to the defensive side of the ball if we choose to.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kinda hope that happens.

This is the year to play the numbers game because the quality runs so deep at positions of need for us.

We could bring in a ton of new talent to the defensive side of the ball if we choose to.

I am of the mindset that we should trade down as well.

HOWEVER...I don't want us to trade down to far and I don't was us to starting getting too cute and continue trading down multiple times until we wind up with nothing of substance...it has happened before.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
No warning needed - fortunately (or not, depending on your viewpoint) not working. My daughters, while Cowboy fans, have yet to reach the depths of fandom to give more than two cents to the draft. They know to avoid me.

T-RO

Reaction score
Single. Self-Employed. Total control of my time. Love it.

But isn't the draft Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday? Why would someone need to take the day off?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Back when it was held on a Saturday and Sunday I did that.

Scheduling my day around when I thought the Cowboys would be picking in the first round.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I didn't need days off since it's at night Thurs-Fri and then the weekend, but I always let the wife know when to find something to do if she doesn't want to hear the 24/7 coverage.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Single. Self-Employed. Total control of my time. Love it.

But isn't the draft Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday? Why would someone need to take the day off?

I like the lead up on the day of the draft. Sometimes I will get the yard work or other chores done during the day to leave the rest of my weekend free.
The second day I like reading all the articles and discussing the first day and looking to see who is still there for us to take in the 2-3.

Sometimes, and it is silly to admit, I cannot sleep well the night before or the nights between because my mind is too busy thinking about the draft.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I take my time normally...just not a week at a time.

Also and I worded it poorly...I took a week vacation twice in 20 years lol.
I'm like you Brain. It's easier for me to work than arrange the time off. When I started planning retirement, I had 240 hours over what they'll pay me for, so I needed to burn or lose it. I worked 3-day weeks all summer to get close to my break even point. A year and a half later, I'm 99 hours over the limit again....lol.