Has anyone ever cried, or fought over the boys/over a loss?

Frozen700

Reaction score
siegbach;1698273 said:
ya after the catch i cussed my older sister out.i swore it was her fault the cowboys lost that game.i was 11 at the time.:bang2:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:...thats funny

wahoofan22

Reaction score
I live in Commander land and I got into 2 fights with my best friend over that rivalry when we were little kids.

I remember watching the cowboys/skins on MNF in 1991 at another friend's apartment (Skins fan as well). Kelvin Martin (I believe) ran a punt back for a TD and I jumped up from the couch, fists in the air. Unfortunately, the glass chandelier was looming right over the coffe table and I smashed it into a million pieces. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. I felt like a j*ck-*ss, but we laugh about it now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Eddie;1697014 said:
I was 12 years old when the Catch happened in SF.

I can't tell you how badly I felt for weeks afterwards.

That was my worst moment as well.

I was at a relatives house and felt like throwing up. I got pale and my Mom took me home.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Hey, you guys who keep breaking your hands by punching walls do me a favor... tonight, before you watch any more Dallas football... get a stud finder... and mark a bullseye between 2 studs on your wall.

Oh, and learn how to hit. Make contact with the first two knuckles. If you make contact with your hand flat or skewed towards the pinky side, you will crunch the 4th and 5th metacarpals.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Wimbo;1699529 said:
Hey, you guys who keep breaking your hands by punching walls do me a favor... tonight, before you watch any more Dallas football... get a stud finder... and mark a bullseye between 2 studs on your wall.

Oh, and learn how to hit. Make contact with the first two knuckles. If you make contact with your hand flat or skewed towards the pinky side, you will crunch the 4th and 5th metacarpals.

apparently I punch correctly then cause my first two knuckles are the only ones covered in scars

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Cried after the playoff loss to the Rams in '79. Tried to cry a year later when we lost to the Rams on MNF, but my older brother told me to shut the hell up. Also cried when "She's The Sheriff" was canceled.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I've never cried or fought...but there has been plenty of going to bed early to go to sleep to get away from the depression.:D

I used to scream and swear a lot during games...but after I got married and my wife would watch the games with me, I toned it down considerably...but after we hit the field goal to get close and then the Bills ran back that KO for a TD...I just couldn't contain myself...I lost it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
bbgun;1699548 said:
Cried after the playoff loss to the Rams in '79. Tried to cry a year later when we lost to the Rams on MNF, but my older brother told me to shut the hell up. Also cried when "She's The Sheriff" was canceled.

lol...is your older bro a boys fan?

scottsp

Reaction score
An hour after Dwight Clark made The Catch, I just had to get out of the house. Walked to my best friend's place and his family was yappin' on and on about the game.

His family wasn't really into football like I was, so he and his father commenced to busting my chops. The situation became extremely heated and they eventually asked me to leave.

I was 11 years old. And to this day, I still haven't spoken to the guy.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
My cousin is a big 49's fan ..... we played basketball the day after the 93 playoff game ...... I was wearing my Dallas Cowboys shirt.

Needless to say I got him so riled up I had to hold him in a headlock for 5 minutes till he calmed down ....

ahhhh the good old 90's

DTK

Reaction score
Good posts!

My worst moment was "The Catch". I became physically ill. I was only 9 years old but I did hurl after that game. I don't recall it, but my parents said that happened a lot after their losses.

I can admit I've shed a tear or two as well. Last year's playoff game was one. The '94 NFC championship game is another. But I was really proud of the way they played that game, just upset that our chance of a 3 peat was over. Irvin's HOF induction. Troy's retirement speech. LOL, few others. I'm a softy.

I did get into a fight once. Happened at Riverfront Stadium at a Bengals/Cowboys game. Boomer Esiason lit us up and we were starting our free fall. Took my girl with me and we had on our Cowboys gear (hoodies, blanket, etc.). After the game walking back to the car I was getting the usual stuff, but then one idiot called my future wife a few things I can't mention and I whipped his can. The beauty of it was there were fellow Cowboys fans there that were ready to help out in case I needed assistance. Gotta love those that bleed blue with you.