Has anyone ever cried, or fought over the boys/over a loss?

Nav22

Reaction score
I can one-up all of you right now... because I once cried after we lost A PRESEASON GAME!

It was the 1994 loss to the Houston Oilers in Mexico City... we lost 6-0, and we had completed a deep ball late in the game inside their 10 that our WR fumbled away after catching, ending our hopes.

I was 9 years old and cried my eyes out... it didn't matter to me that it was preseason, a loss felt horrible no matter what.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I used to get very angry, and take things so seriously that it would ruin my life for the next two weeks.

But then something happened almost 4 years ago that changed all that.

I had a little boy.

It was after the "bobbled snap" last year, I went outside to cool down and have a smoke. I was feeling pretty low. Then my little boy came up to me and said "I love you daddy" for no reason at all...............

That really put things in perspective. Look at your children, wife, home, anything, and then think of the cowboys. Its just a game people, just a game.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CowboyWay;1697509 said:
I used to get very angry, and take things so seriously that it would ruin my life for the next two weeks.

But then something happened almost 4 years ago that changed all that.

I had a little boy.

It was after the "bobbled snap" last year, I went outside to cool down and have a smoke. I was feeling pretty low. Then my little boy came up to me and said "I love you daddy" for no reason at all...............

That really put things in perspective. Look at your children, wife, home, anything, and then think of the cowboys. Its just a game people, just a game.

Nice. And being a good dad, you did put out that smoke when the little one approached?

(Raise the cigarette tax to $5 a pack and take all taxes off of beer.)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
When Jackie Smith dropped that td IN the Super Bowl......I got sick and went to the bath room.......

Now that I am an adult......I handle wins and losses much better.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Nav22;1697471 said:
I can one-up all of you right now... because I once cried after we lost A PRESEASON GAME!

It was the 1994 loss to the Houston Oilers in Mexico City... we lost 6-0, and we had completed a deep ball late in the game inside their 10 that our WR fumbled away after catching, ending our hopes.

I was 9 years old and cried my eyes out... it didn't matter to me that it was preseason, a loss felt horrible no matter what.

You win the Cowboy Crybaby award. Congratulations. :D

ValleyBoyz

Reaction score
adamknite;1697173 said:
I cried over a Cowboys loss when I was younger because the 49ers went up 21 points in the first querter then ended up winning that conference championship game, why? because my birthday was on the same day as the Superbowl that year and I wanted the Cowboys to win 3 in a row on my birthday, instead I got to see Steve Young "take the monkey off his back"..... very depressing day.

Yea only game I've ever cried over as well. I was only 10 years old at the time and it was more tears of anger rather than boohoo tears.

And finding out years later that they cheated the salary cap to pull that crap off makes me even more pissed off.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i refuse to answer this on the grounds it will incriminate me.

jdnoyes

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1697047 said:
I was 15 and I cried over the catch. I also ripped my Joe Montana rookie card into shreds. I don't regret it at all.

I also cried after the catch game. I was 8 at the time. I can't remember ever crying since, nor would I ever get into a fight over a football team unless it was self defense.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i was so mad and broke my TV control when we lost to da Skins a couple years ago on those 2 lucky as hell Hail Mary's...

DemonBlood

Reaction score
Most of the time I go crazy when we lose. I don't fight anyone but I break stuff. I broke a computer monitor last year after the bobbled snap...What can I say? I'm Italian. Seeing as I live in New England...If we lose next week I might just start punching random people in the streets :D

Undisputed

Reaction score
Cried after the SF loss in 94'. (young kid)

I am not sure if I've ever been more depressed than I was after the bobbled snap last year. I went to sleep for like 3 hours, woke up, then logged onto here, which actually made me feel a lot better. Misery loves company. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I may get mad enough to make the house sound like a one man tourettes convention (not to make lite of anyone that has that condition). I may get mad enough to break a remote and learn later to aim it at the couch. May get mad enough to scare both of my dogs. I may get so nervous or worked up that I am literally shaking and my arms and face look like I just got an instant sunburn. I may have gotten dejected where I just did not want to speak to anyone for a couple of days.

However I don't remember ever crying during a game...well except that time I threw the remote down on the couch with such force that it bounced back up and pegged me in the pouch.:p:

WarC

Reaction score
Usually losses don't effect me too much. But occasionally they will ruin the next day or two as a sulk around going through the motions.

I I know I have been close to tears and/or anger on the verge of stupidity after a loss. Normally the last second losses, and typically when I was a young kid.

The last time I can remember feeling that way was when the 'Skins torched us with those back to back deep TDs a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure I'd have decked whoever made a smart*** comment to me about the Cowboys that night.

Ren

Reaction score
I get really pissed off after losses some times but never shed a tear or got into a fight

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I shot a man in the face when he had the nerve to tell me that david lafluer wasn't the next novacek.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Cried three times.
After the 1981 loss to eagles. 11 years old, totally crushing defeat. Went upstairs and cried my eyes into the pillow.
After the 1982 loss to SF. It felt worse but much more controlled, misty eyed.

After the 1993 win against SF. Waited most of my life for that win. Happiest day of my life uo to that point. No sporting event has come close since.